Vintage Chanel Bag W/ Dark Gray H/W and Gold lettering inside-Real?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi!
    I was in a vintage shop recently and they had a vintage Chanel handbag with dark gray metal hardware or you can also say really dark silver metal hardware (I dunno if this is considered black hardware) but on the inside the "Made in ..." and the "Chanel" marks on the inside were in Gold. I kind of expected them to be in Silver as I've read before that the lettering matches the hardware and to me silver matches gray more than gold with gray. Have you guys seen this before or is this just a wannabe Chanel? The SA said it was real but I dunno. I wish I snuck some pictures but couldn't. Thanks! Also this is my first post, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

THANKS!

2. Dark gray or dark silver metal hardware will have silver CHANEL and MADE IN stamp. It shouldn't be gold stamping.

3. Quick question i just purchased a chanel bag online from ebay its from 1990's jumbo with silver hardware but gold chanel and made in france stamping does that mean its fake?

Hologram and everything else looks fine