Vintage black Kelly from the 50's! AAAHH!

burqaface

Mar 22, 2009
Hey guys! OMG i'm so so excited you guys have no idea! I sent my brother to the famous Jeff Ihenacho's boutique One of a Kind in London to see if he could find a cool vintage chanel for me, and he sent me a picture of one and my eyes went straight to the background where I saw this beeeauuutiful Kelly in a glass box and guess what.....

IT'S MINE!! My first Hermes bag and it's a CLASSIC...literally! I'm so excited I had to share! I'll share photos when he's back! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone! I have a question though...
this is a genuine kelly bag from the 50's....but it doesn't come with the shoulder strap, which i very much need :sad: do Hermes stores sell straps seperately?

Thanks everyone! I have a question though...
this is a genuine kelly bag from the 50's....but it doesn't come with the shoulder strap, which i very much need :sad: do Hermes stores sell straps seperately?

Congratulations on a wonderful find. There's nothing better than a classic black (assuming box) Kelly for a first bag. And, you should be able to order a shoulder strap from Hermes. Of course, the hardware won't match exactly, but in time it will. Enjoy your new prize!

If you are going to order a strap, think about ordering a canvas one as well (or look on-line for one but make sure of the measurements)......these allow the bag to work beautifully as a messenger! This is how I wear my vintage kelly most of the time....with the canvas strap.....

what an amazing find!! i'm so excited for you! getting a leather and/or a canvas strap ordered would be no problem~ can't wait to see this vintage beauty!! Congrats!!