Vintage black Kelly from the 50's! AAAHH!

burqaface

Mar 22, 2009
Hey guys! OMG i'm so so excited you guys have no idea! I sent my brother to the famous Jeff Ihenacho's boutique One of a Kind in London to see if he could find a cool vintage chanel for me, and he sent me a picture of one and my eyes went straight to the background where I saw this beeeauuutiful Kelly in a glass box and guess what.....

IT'S MINE!! My first Hermes bag and it's a CLASSIC...literally! I'm so excited I had to share! I'll share photos when he's back! :biggrin:

burqaface

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks everyone! I have a question though...
this is a genuine kelly bag from the 50's....but it doesn't come with the shoulder strap, which i very much need :sad: do Hermes stores sell straps seperately?

lilyhermes

O.G.
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks everyone! I have a question though...
this is a genuine kelly bag from the 50's....but it doesn't come with the shoulder strap, which i very much need :sad: do Hermes stores sell straps seperately?
Congratulations on a wonderful find. There's nothing better than a classic black (assuming box) Kelly for a first bag. And, you should be able to order a shoulder strap from Hermes. Of course, the hardware won't match exactly, but in time it will. Enjoy your new prize!

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
If you are going to order a strap, think about ordering a canvas one as well (or look on-line for one but make sure of the measurements)......these allow the bag to work beautifully as a messenger! This is how I wear my vintage kelly most of the time....with the canvas strap.....

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I posted on your other thread re the strap. congrats!

boo1689

happy happy joy joy
O.G.
Jun 24, 2008
~I Love LA~
what an amazing find!! i'm so excited for you! getting a leather and/or a canvas strap ordered would be no problem~ can't wait to see this vintage beauty!! Congrats!!

burqaface

Mar 22, 2009
Thank you all again! I can't wait to share pictures with you!

S'Mom thanks for the tip. i think i'll order both straps