vintage bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Welcome to the club, Bjara! It's not so bad. Actually, I'm having the time of my life in my forties. :nuts:

2. Hi, I beat you all I am 55. I trawl the charity shops for my sons girlfriends who are both into fashion. The one is a designer and the other a fashion buyer. Just found lovely tan crocodile hand bag in perfect condition with little brass clasp and 4 tiny little brass "feet" .
    It looks like something Jackie O would have carried. Maybe older because I found a pic that looked similar and it said "Edwardian" era. Anyway there is a little tag on the inner zip and it looks like it says Aero (really tiny) and made in Great Britain. Any ideas about a factory in GB called Aero or something similar to that. Thanks would love to hear from anyone.

3. another 40+ tfp'er here :coolio:

Just 2 nights ago, my MCM was the perfect bag for my outfit. :woohoo:

I did have the straps shortened though.. it was just too long.

and now what do I see in this month's Bazaar mag? LONG straps. :thinking:

I'm still glad I shortened mine though. :yes:

4. Hi, I'm 51 and wondering what MCM stands for? It doesn't sound familiar to me. I know I have some old bags, not designer though, just kind of different that it is hard to part with.

5. Mode Creation Munich.. it's a German brand.. My bag has to be 15-20 years old and it still looks brand new

http://www.mcmworldwide.com/en/brandstory.asp