Vintage alligator

SgrPlum

Feb 24, 2007
I'm not sure if anyone can help here but it can't hurt to ask.

I received a huge collection of vintage purses from my Great-Grandmother when she passed away. I have a bag I would love to know more about. It is a genuine alligator by Vassar. I have tried to research the company and didn't come up with much.

Anyone know where I can take my bag or by some small chance anyone know about this bag/company.

Thanks for any help!

I just happened to read something about these, and they were made in East Stroudsburg, I think that's how it was spelled, and they are worth quite alot! Just google Vassar and look at the links, I found a few bits of info. Good Luck in your venture!

I'm not sure if anyone can help here but it can't hurt to ask.

I received a huge collection of vintage purses from my Great-Grandmother when she passed away. I have a bag I would love to know more about. It is a genuine alligator by Vassar. I have tried to research the company and didn't come up with much.

Anyone know where I can take my bag or by some small chance anyone know about this bag/company.

Thanks for any help!

I just got a Vassar Lizard skin bag. I also read that they are quite valuable. I'm cleaning it up. Who ever had it put alot of shoe polish on it. Yuk!!! I've got most of it off and it's looking really nice.

Last edited:
As Docride suggested, I found a product made for exotic skins(Fiebings has one, I think Meltonian has one also) The one I found worked on the same principle, work up a foam and wipe off. In my note to Docride, alot came off on the cloth and my hand(shoe polish) Will post finished pics for you. Hope you have success with your bag.

^ Excellent, I'm so pleased it worked.

I have still yet to do mine.
I'm scared but I suppose I have nothing to lose so I have to be strong :boxing:.