Vintage alligator handbags

India

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I've been an ebay buyer for many, many years, but am now considering a new purchase where I have no experience. I'm very interested in buying a vintage alligator handbag. There are a LOT of them for sale on ebay and I do recognize some of the brands from my youth. What I don't know is if these companies also made alligator-stamped leather.

Do any of you have any experience buying such on ebay? Any advice?

I've also visited a web site called vintageskins.com. She has some gorgeous bags but they are all VERY pricey compared to what I'm seeing on ebay. Again, any feedback from anyone?

I don't want to make a VERY expensive mistake.

I've been an ebay buyer for many, many years, but am now considering a new purchase where I have no experience. I'm very interested in buying a vintage alligator handbag. There are a LOT of them for sale on ebay and I do recognize some of the brands from my youth. What I don't know is if these companies also made alligator-stamped leather.

Do any of you have any experience buying such on ebay? Any advice?

I've also visited a web site called vintageskins.com. She has some gorgeous bags but they are all VERY pricey compared to what I'm seeing on ebay. Again, any feedback from anyone?

I don't want to make a VERY expensive mistake.
:wlae:I have sold vintage crocodile handbags before and most of the vintage ones are not stamped. They are natural skins. The German bags are some of the most beautiful. If you pm me I will have a look for you if you see something you like on a listing. I have some experience in vintage bags.

Well, I took the plunge and purchased one that is stamped "Lederer". I am familiar with this store and have always thought their handbags were gorgeous. Here is the URL <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140165730514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004>
I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the photos.
I'd appreciate any info you might have - my skin is thick so if you think I bought a mistake, tell me!

Thanks!