Vintage Alhambra vs magic Alhambra

Mjxxsyd

May 17, 2020
Hi lovelies,

I am considering to add either the vintage Alhambra earrings or the magic Alhambra earrings to my collection.

does anyone have any inputs of pros and cons ? I would like to be able to use them on a daily basis to work.

I Would also love to see your pictures for size reference if you would like to share :smile:

appreciate all inputs and thoughts :smile:

xx

I only have the vintage size earrings and I feel that they are not heavy at all, after wearing them for more than 6 hours, they still are comfortable to wear. I can't say for magic though, I heard that some feel that it is heavy. I have never tried on the magic so I have no idea. You can always have them adjusted if the clips are too tight or changed to slimmer poles. I didn't change mine though.

Here are the pic of me wearing mine and the second pic I found from a Youtuber. She is wearing the magic in the pic.

IMG-20201224-WA0004~3.jpg

DSC_0020.JPG

Reactions: Mjxxsyd
You can wear both everyday, but I think it depends on what necklace you wear. I wear long necklaces, not small pendants, and for me, I prefer the focus to be my necklace. Therefore, I go with smaller earrings more as an accent piece, otherwise they compete. I also like the motifs to match in size (I'm big on matchy machy). For example, when I wear my WG MOP 20 Vintage motif, I wear the matching Vintage earrings (I would not wear sweets or magic size earrings). When I wear a long strand of Mikimoto pearls, I wear a simple stud (matching 9.5mm size). I want the focus and center of attention to be my necklace.

If you only wear earrings and a pendant (or no necklace), Magic is a great size.
Anyone can wear these pieces... it's more about the look you want (e.g. dainty, bold, matchy matchy set).
Everyone has a look, so think about your look and the pieces you will wear with it. That will help you decide.

Hope that helps for another point of view.

Anyone can wear these pieces... it's more about the look you want (e.g. dainty, bold, matchy matchy set).
Everyone has a look, so think about your look and the pieces you will wear with it. That will help you decide.

THIS x1000.

By the way, I was about to post a long comment when I realized this was a revived zombie thread.
Original post was last May, conversation ended in June. :whut: Pretty sure the OP has decided by now.

Reactions: Mjxxsyd
THIS x1000.

By the way, I was about to post a long comment when I realized this was a revived zombie thread.
Original post was last May, conversation ended in June. :whut: Pretty sure the OP has decided by now.

hi dear :smile:

I ended up getting the vintage in guilloche however I’m still loving the magic in MOP which are on my wish list so I love reading everyone thoughts and experiences.:smile:

I figured I would revive this thread since I am at the moment debating the same two earrings - Magic Alhambra mop vs. Vintage Alhambra mop. I sold my guilloche Vintage Alhambra earrings. The bright yellow gold is absolutely gorgeous on others, but it doesn't work with my skin tone and I never wore them. So I am looking to replace them with a mop/yellow gold earring that will hopefully suit me better.

I love the look of Magic Alhambra earrings on others, but I have never tried them on myself. And at this point given inventory levels, I don't think I have that option before placing an order. Plus I am some distance from a boutique, so it isn't extremely convenient to try them on.

So my question...is there anyone out there who wears the Magic earrings paired with a Vintage Alhambra pendant? The majority of my collection is pendants, and I fear that the larger earrings will be "off-balance" when paired with the smaller pendants.

Reactions: Yshi801 and DS2006
I figured I would revive this thread since I am at the moment debating the same two earrings - Magic Alhambra mop vs. Vintage Alhambra mop. I sold my guilloche Vintage Alhambra earrings. The bright yellow gold is absolutely gorgeous on others, but it doesn't work with my skin tone and I never wore them. So I am looking to replace them with a mop/yellow gold earring that will hopefully suit me better.

I love the look of Magic Alhambra earrings on others, but I have never tried them on myself. And at this point given inventory levels, I don't think I have that option before placing an order. Plus I am some distance from a boutique, so it isn't extremely convenient to try them on.

So my question...is there anyone out there who wears the Magic earrings paired with a Vintage Alhambra pendant? The majority of my collection is pendants, and I fear that the larger earrings will be "off-balance" when paired with the smaller pendants.
I find that Magic size earrings photographs better than vintage size. But both are beautiful in real life. I also prefer earring size to be different from necklace pendant size for a less matchy matchy look.