Vintage Alhambra earrings: How much of the clip should be visible? Would this bother you?

Apr 1, 2016
These are my first VCA (literally got them the day before the price increase) and I am obsessed!! They are everything I hoped for, except for one thing: there’s a good bit of space between the bottom of my earlobe and the bottom of the clip, and it’s pretty visible. The posts are on the lower setting, but I guess it’s still not quite low enough.

Is this normal/reasonable? If not, is there a way to have this adjusted? I saw that you can have them switch the clips for a post back, but I really do like the omega back (apart from being able to see it all the darn time) because it’s comfortable and feels pretty secure.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

7D2F765C-2C21-48CA-A984-D822DC0B18D1.jpeg462F7A15-E37B-4BF9-82C9-A068EA97272C.jpeg7F4DD111-BC19-490E-8BAA-E49505461FBF.jpeg

I remember there are 2 holes at the back of the motif where the posts can be. Are the posts at the top hole or the bottom hole?

You may want to change the post to be at the bottom hole so that that the gap between the earlobe and the earclip is smaller.

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
They look great on you and look the way they are supposed to. Don’t worry at all about it and enjoy!

Thank you so much!! This is so reassuring. I've been scouring the forums and Instagram and it seems like it's not uncommon so I'm feeling better now. In any case, I plan to get lots of use out of them!!

I remember there are 2 holes at the back of the motif where the posts can be. Are the posts at the top hole or the bottom hole?

You may want to change the post to be at the bottom hole so that that the gap between the earlobe and the earclip is smaller.

Yes, unfortunately they are currently already at the bottom hole. I think I saw where someone had a pair of Magic earrings that had a third hole added at the bottom, which seems like it would be a good solution, but I'm not sure if that's something VCA does or if it was done by a third party.

They look fantastic, congrats! I have pierced ears, but for my omega back earrings, I choose to go with the clip only. I like them to sit up a bit higher on my ear. Mine too have quite a bit of length. I think it comes down to personal preference as well! Enjoy them regardless! :heart:

• Love
They look fantastic, congrats! I have pierced ears, but for my omega back earrings, I choose to go with the clip only. I like them to sit up a bit higher on my ear. Mine too have quite a bit of length. I think it comes down to personal preference as well! Enjoy them regardless! :heart:

Thank you so much! :love: If it still bothers me as I keep wearing them maybe I'll look into that as well. Do you find the clips comfortable and secure? Every time I've tried clip earrings so far they've either pinched to the point I couldn't stand them or they fell off (or both!). But the ones I've tried were not very high end so that might be part of the problem lolol.

Thank you so much! :love: If it still bothers me as I keep wearing them maybe I'll look into that as well. Do you find the clips comfortable and secure? Every time I've tried clip earrings so far they've either pinched to the point I couldn't stand them or they fell off (or both!). But the ones I've tried were not very high end so that might be part of the problem lolol.
I used to feel that way about clip ons. VCA’s clips are the only ones I’ve ever tried that do not pinch at all and I wore mine all day the first day I got them. I don’t know why and I can’t explain it. If it is too tight or loose you can bring them back and they will adjust them.
And the clip showing thing used to bother me. But the thing is, you see it but people looking at you don’t. So it’s actually fine.

• Love
I used to feel that way about clip ons. VCA’s clips are the only ones I’ve ever tried that do not pinch at all and I wore mine all day the first day I got them. I don’t know why and I can’t explain it. If it is too tight or loose you can bring them back and they will adjust them.
And the clip showing thing used to bother me. But the thing is, you see it but people looking at you don’t. So it’s actually fine.

Good to know! I guess for VCA prices you would expect them to be comfortable! :lol: In the meantime I'm going to see if I can train myself to quit fixating on the clips when I look in the mirror.

I got clear plastic covers for the clips and they're super comfortable! I can wear them all day, no problem and they're so secure. I almost lost one when I first got them. I was wearing them with the posts and one of the posts broke!! It fell into my boot and I did not notice until I got home that night. I could not believe my luck! Now I can feel them and wouldn't wear them any other way.

• Love
I got clear plastic covers for the clips and they're super comfortable! I can wear them all day, no problem and they're so secure. I almost lost one when I first got them. I was wearing them with the posts and one of the posts broke!! It fell into my boot and I did not notice until I got home that night. I could not believe my luck! Now I can feel them and wouldn't wear them any other way.

Nice!! I'll have to look into some.