Vintage Alhambra 5 motif or sweet alhambra

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hi!

I’m building my stack on my left hand. I currently have a love bracelet and will be picking up thin juc with diamond next week

after that I want to add a VCA bracelet. I went in to try on the vintage and sweet yesterday.

concerns for vintage mop, I have a 13.5 cm wrist. I am worried the vintage size looks a little big on me. As I’m getting the thin juc, I’m worried it will get eat up by regular love And vintage mop. Also it’s an expensive bracelet, I wouldn’t want to take it to shower. Taking it off and putting on constantly will drive me crazy. I’m planing to wear everyday

concerns for sweet single motif, it’s just so tiny lol. From the picture, I do think it looks very nice next to my love. I feel I prefer the sweet one even a bit more than the vintage. But due to gravity the charm will definitely fall underneath my wrist all the time. And it may get tangled with my other bracelet. Since it’s cheaper, so I’ll feel better to wear it to shower some times.

I do not like the hammered gold. I think it doesn’t shine enough. It looks dull. My store didn’t have the bracelet. I wrapped a necklace around my wrist. I’m not a big fan. But I’m surprised to see that vintage size with hammered gold is only a little bit more expensive than mop. I always think it worth more for gold.

I do like guilloche And of course it’s the most expensive option. A little bit worried about the scratches. I don’t mind scratches on love as I think that bracelet is supposed to be scratched and worn. But guilloche design, scratches can really destroy those beautiful etchings on the motifs. Also, it only comes in yellow gold.My love and thin juc are both in yellow gold. I’m worried it’ll be too much gold.

19C27378-8A36-4E94-8E51-FDF6C76FF1A3.jpeg

3EEDFB97-0405-445B-B45F-D5E9C009C102.jpeg

3C6D2082-1E41-4485-A8F7-6091B5EA771D.jpeg

90E1D49E-D2DA-4D16-B061-FC1ADECE848F.jpeg

Reactions: JLT1
I have the same size wrist as you and have the VA MOP bracelet with 8 links removed. I love it and don’t think it looks too big. I personally think the sweet size is too small.

It can take the eye a while to get accustomed to the size of the vintage motifs. I have a super small wrist but I did eventually got used to the vintage size and found the sweet way too small. One thing though. I never wear my five motifs with my love cuff because they get tangled with the love. That’s why I don’t stack my VCA with the love, but plenty of people do it. If you get the sweet you will see the links way more frequently than the one sweet motif.

It can take the eye a while to get accustomed to the size of the vintage motifs. I have a super small wrist but I did eventually got used to the vintage size and found the sweet way too small. One thing though. I never wear my five motifs with my love cuff because they get tangled with the love. That’s why I don’t stack my VCA with the love, but plenty of people do it. If you get the sweet you will see the links way more frequently than the one sweet motif.

I’m definitely leaning towards the vintage 5 motifs. its more substantial. I still think it’s a little big but sweet size is just tooooo tiny.

I’d love to have MOP. Most of my jewelries are in yellow gold. I think MOP will be a very nice pop of white from my yg love and thin juc.

still worried about the shower issue tho. guilloche is also gorgeous. But I’m worried too much yellow gold stacking on one wrist and it maybe too flashy for everyday wear

I have the same size wrist as you and have the VA MOP bracelet with 8 links removed. I love it and don’t think it looks too big. I personally think the sweet size is too small.

I agree! I definitely will get vintage size but still thinking mop or guilloche lol

I wouldn't recommend wearing jewelry in the shower unless you can't take it off (such as the Love bracelet). Soap scum really isn't good for any fine jewelry and especially not Alhambra pieces with stones

Reactions: nycmamaofone
Have you looked at the 6 motif sweet? It might be a good compromise for the two options you are looking at.
I also do not stack my Alhambra with my loves. I hate how they get tangled. I keep my bracelets on the loose side so they quickly get wrapped up and do not stay seperate.

Have you looked at the 6 motif sweet? It might be a good compromise for the two options you are looking at.
I also do not stack my Alhambra with my loves. I hate how they get tangled. I keep my bracelets on the loose side so they quickly get wrapped up and do not stay seperate.

they didn’t have the 6 motifs sweet bracelet in stock. I tried on the multiple motif( not Sure how many lol) necklace, just wrapped it over my wrist. I’m not too sure, first I think it looks a bit dull. I am not a fan of the hammered gold (I adore the sunray etching on the guilloche tho) Also I am not very into rose gold. I think it blends in my skin too much ( whitegold only comes in pave version, and that’s out of my budget)