Vintage 50 cm HAC Reveal

1. Very excited to post my first reveal!

I love vintage Hermes items and had been hunting for a vintage 50-55cm HAC for several months now. There are a couple of stores here in NYC that occasionally have them, but they're often very beat up and very expensive. I finally came across a beautiful and very old example on Collector Square. This is the 50cm model in Vache Naturelle with lots of patina. The bag has been authenticated by Jérôme Lalande, who is also a buyer for the Hermes Museum in Paris. I think it is from before 1945 based on the style of the Hermes - Paris stamp and the fact that it does not have a letter/date code.

Collector Square packed the bag carefully and included an Hermes dustbag, and the package arrived via UPS next day air just two days after I placed the order.

I've already started conditioning this bag with the Docride method and it's looking fantastic. There were a few sections where I could tell the leather was starting to get dry, and they've already disappeared with just two coats of Blackrock Leather N Rich. I'll post before and after photos and notes on my method on the Docride reference thread when I'm finished.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender-3.jpg IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0666.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0672.JPG
  2. so amazing and interesting very H.Bogart enjoy in the very best of health Darling !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. What a glorious find. Have fun bringing it back to life!! Will be a treasure to have and hold.

4. Oh wow, what a find!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like after you've treated it! I looks so beautiful now, so it's going to be incredible when you're done. Congrats on such a special score...your patience paid off!

5. Omg such a good find!! Congrats and good luck bringing it back to life!!I can't wait to see the after photos and read about your notes on how you restored it!

6. Great find and congrats! Would love to see the after photos!

7. Oh, that is just to-die-for (wiping drool off my keyboard)!

8. Rare gem
    Look at those fine works once upon a time
    Remarkable

9. Old bag = old money = style

great bag

10. Beautiful leather and bag

11. I've recently become obsessed with adding a VN or Barenia Birkin or HAC to my collection because I've come to find the varying patinas so wonderful. What a gorgeous, vintage find! I'd love to know what this bag has seen throughout its life; congrats on the addition!

12. Lovely skin...so rich...

13. Truly a special bag congrats on the courage to have it

14. Amazing, it's going to have a new lease of life with you. Congrats!

15. Gorgeous! Wonderful piece, thanks for sharing.