Views on Dogon wallets

mou mou

O.G.
Feb 19, 2009
I am considering buying a Dogon wallet, should I buy the combined or the smaller version and in what leather for durability! I tend to carry my life with me in larger bags !!! anyone with any opinions ,i'd love to hear !!::biggrin:

I purchased the combined in March, not sure of the leather possibly chevre (it's super soft, no discernible grains) in a beautiful blue (also not sure of the color) and love it.

I have smallish H bags (24 Kelly Sport and 32 Kelly sellier) and large Tod's D bags and the dogon works well in both styles. It fits in the pockets of the larger bags and fits nicely against the sides of the smaller bags.

I enjoy using it, it's pleasurable to touch, hold, easy to get to the change (I like the change pocket, it's removable with two credit card slots - you could use this separately if you were so inclined), has enough slots for credit cards and DL.

It's big enough and sleek enough it could be used as a clutch if you were so inclined.

Functional and chic IMO

I love my combined Dogon! I also carry a lot, and the Dogon helps me to organize it. When I am carrying a small bag, I just use the removable change purse. And as mearns said, you can also use it as a clutch. I was told the leather (rouge H) was clemence, but I think it may be togo. Whatever, it is very durable. I didn't realize how much I could love a wallet until I got this one.

I have the combined one in RG togo, and I use it every day.....since I don´t have very many CC´s I am ok with it, and it holds alot too! I would definitely buy the combined one if I were you...where would you put the change other wise?

Kat

I have 2 of the combined and definitely recommend that style over the smaller one.

The newer ones have 7 places for credit cards, and that has been more than enough for me!

I MUCH prefer bearn over dogon wallet. For me, dogon is holding the same amount as bearn, but dogon is much more bulky and bigger (takes up more space in my bag) than bearn. Plus, I like bearn wallet design better than dogon.

If you carry really alot of stuffs in your wallet, there is trifold bearn wallet as well if you like bearn. For me, I would choose bearn over dogon anytime.

I also carry A LOT of things in my wallet and I found the Dogon (combined) wallet almost too small..! Or for some reason it jsut didn't work for me. I swopped my Dogons to the long Kelly wallet which I love. I also like the trifold Bearn, though it's not too easy to find one.

I MUCH prefer bearn over dogon wallet. For me, dogon is holding the same amount as bearn, but dogon is much more bulky and bigger (takes up more space in my bag) than bearn. Plus, I like bearn wallet design better than dogon.

If you carry really alot of stuffs in your wallet, there is trifold bearn wallet as well if you like bearn. For me, I would choose bearn over dogon anytime.

Completely agree with this! I love my tri-fold bearn and I know my next wallet will be the same. It's sleek, stylish, and most importanly, holds A LOT. The dogon never worked for me and it's just awkward in my bags, if that makes any sense.

Guess I'm just a tri-fold bearn girl!:biggrin:

I'm going to offer an alternative viewpoint, I'm afraid!

The compact dogon wallet (in black togo with PHW) was my first ever H purchase, and I hold it responsible for my current addiction!

I don't like to carry a lot of junk or receipts about with me, and I like my wallet to be wallet-sized, not clutch-sized.

My compact dogon holds a couple of CCs for regular use in the front compartment, then storecards etc, and a photo, in the back. The coin slot holds quite a bit of change (although I try not to carry too many coins anyway) and there's a small slot for paper money between the CCs and the zipped coin slot.

I liked the compact dogon because it's luxurious yet understated, but it's attracted lots of compliments all the same :smile:

I also have a bearn (bi-fold). I like it quite a bit, but when I need to carry a bit more, the dogon is better.

Also, I've found my dogon in togo can take more abuse than my bearn (chevre).

THANK YOU so much ...woderful tpf members !! your helpful comments have been invaluable. The combined Dogon for me in togo...I like the idea of using the purse alone in smaller bags, and the complete wallet as a clutch too !! Dear lovely64 as you say with the compact "where would I put the change".....what change ??? I never seem to have any !!!:amuse:

Out of the 2 choices, I would go with the combined.

However, I am a Kelly Long (gusset) girl all the way. I looked for years before finding the perfect wallet (that can also double as a great clutch) and I have a feeling this is the style I will be using forevermore. It holds TONS, including my pen and extra stuff and even my blackberry when necessary.

^^^
Lately I have also been tempted to get a Kelly Long, but since I use my dogon every day I think I will be a little afraid of ruining the Kelly Long, I mean after all it is 1/3 of a Birkin price wise. Checking out the Kelly Long thread didn´t really help,lol!