Jessica Simpson

I just watched this. That's really sad and embarassing for her. Hopefully she will learn from this to be a better performer, and to not run offstage when things get sticky. I know that great performers are taught to work through their performace no matter what happens onstage.
Just watching this makes you cringe. I know haters will make fun of the situation, but this is on the sad side. I love Jess and know that she will only bounce back from this!!

LOL! I read somewhere that she blamed her discomfort on the dress which was too tight, and also that she's been kinda unnerved because John Mayer has stopped calling all of a sudden....

Ok, how sweet is Reese!?
I feel bad for Jess.
I am not a fan of hers so I think I'm unbiased . . . and she truly seemed nervous, wrapping her arms around herself and her eyes were really teary most of the performance.
The audience was FULL or 'real' celebs and the Pres & 1st Lady too. . . I'd have been very nervous as well.

I do feel for her... but her job is to sing- and she had to use cue cards?! She needed to know that song down to actually pay tribute to Dolly Parton and show how much she respected her :shrugs:

I do feel for her... but her job is to sing- and she had to use cue cards?! She needed to know that song down to actually pay tribute to Dolly Parton and show how much she respected her :shrugs:

I agree. For a performer who is prepared, when the music starts the lyrics and performance comes naturally. Nerves or not, there was no excuse for not knowing (or even being able to read) the words.

I do feel for her... but her job is to sing-

You are exactly right Megs. She is getting paid millions of dollars to be a professional and then she botches a performance at the KENNEDY CENTER (which is fairly prestigious!) on national television... !! :rolleyes: Her and her sister are an insult to all the professional performers out there! I am sick of them BOTH!

LOL! I read somewhere that she blamed her discomfort on the dress which was too tight, and also that she's been kinda unnerved because John Mayer has stopped calling all of a sudden....

That's my whole issue with Jess, she tries too hard....her boobs were spilling out of her dress and you could tell she was embarrassed about it on stage... I bet if she focused on her talent and less on her image, she would be a lot better off!

The Simpson sisters have a history of running off stage when they screw up. At least she didn't do the "Hoe-down" dance....although that would have been pretty hilarious!

this just reminds me...i think it was an episode of the newlyweds?

when she and nick were set to perform after this girl

and jess couldn't just help but comment about how she couldn't find "her note"

well i guess jess couldn't find her words!