videdressing, any experience?

noobie

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
Hello, does anyone have any experience purchasing from videdressing? I've searched the internet and found mixed reviews, as in good and bad experiences, especially with their customer service and return policy. Had anyone here purchase from them? And how was your experience?
TIA guys!

I recently purchased a Bal Moto jacket from them (6 days ago), my first purchase. Still waiting for the seller to send it. They have emailed me saying they contacted the seller again.

took forever, probably the seller's fault. returns was kind of a nightmare too, took forever to get refund. but in the end, it really depends on the seller. VD itself is not bad, they ship via collissimo so there's no customs :smile:

Thanks for the replies! After reading the mixed reviews, I decided to place my first order after all. I'm eager to see how it's going to turn out. Now I'm waiting for the confirmation from seller, if the item still available for sale or not.

I agree, it really depends on the seller. I placed an order with Vestaire Collective after reading mixed reviews and it processed pretty quickly on their end. Hope your order with Vide will go smoothly. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
I have had both really horrible and good experiences with Vide Dressing. Twice they've had to cancel an order, but charged my credit card anyway. I only caught it after looking over my monthly bill and had to call them to refund me so be aware of that.

My order is also being cancelled. I sent them an email yesterday, wanting to ask about the status, no reply til now. I saw today that my paypal transaction is being cancelled by them. Now I have to watch over my credit card bill. Thanks for the heads up, guys!

May I ask what you purchased? Was it a Work bag? I saw one that sold on their website, but was still listed on Vestiaire Collective recently. I see a lot of French resellers playing this game where they sell a bag on one website, but can make more money selling it on another website so they ignore the first sale waiting for it to sell elsewhere. It's so annoying!

May I ask what you purchased? Was it a Work bag? I saw one that sold on their website, but was still listed on Vestiaire Collective recently. I see a lot of French resellers playing this game where they sell a bag on one website, but can make more money selling it on another website so they ignore the first sale waiting for it to sell elsewhere. It's so annoying!

oh yes of course, that is what they are doing, hadn't thought of that! You're right tho, many items are listed on both sites...naughty.

oh yes of course, that is what they are doing, hadn't thought of that! You're right tho, many items are listed on both sites...naughty.

I've watched it happen with Balenciaga jackets as well. They have like 5 days to confirm a sale so they wait for it to sell elsewhere for more money. Then they let the time run out on the first sale and force Vide Dressing to cancel the order. Then VD tries to keep your money anyway, lol! I would never shop on there if they didn't have oldies pop up on there so much! I mean it was a struggle but I did eventually get my True Red City off there.

I think they also don't want to ship to America and I don't think VD gives them an option to refuse to ship to the states when they set up their listings. I say that because I bought an item and the seller said she was not shipping anything out of euro and refused to send it.

RightasRain, no it wasn't a Work, it was actually a Velo. I haven't seen it being sold anywhere else, but I could've missed it. Anyway, hearing from your experiences, I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. So far, no charge from them on my cc.

All the best! Hope you are lucky enough to get a good seller who is selling the bag you are looking out for ! Trust me, if your seller is good and an authenticate one, you know you up for a real good treat! :smile: