Victorine wallet

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
ny new Victorine arrived last week and its gorgeous!
I find myself nervous when I use it though. I'm worried about the glazing and the leather button
For those that have this piece do you use it daily? Mine is with the plain brown

I use the Victorine for weeks a time and then will switch to the Clemence. Both look like new even though they get banged around a bit in my Neverful. I don't worry much about either one- they are very well made and the canvas is so durable.

I've had mine in RB for about a year. It's holding up well. The glazing has come off a bit because I stuff my wallet. The paint on the front button is coming off a little. Otherwise, from normal daily use, it's been okay. If I was to buy a small wallet again, I would not buy this model though. I will need to take the wallet back for reglazing.

I've had mine in RB for about a year. It's holding up well. The glazing has come off a bit because I stuff my wallet. The paint on the front button is coming off a little. Otherwise, from normal daily use, it's been okay. If I was to buy a small wallet again, I would not buy this model though. I will need to take the wallet back for reglazing.
Sorry to hear that. It's too bad especially since this is such a functional design

ny new Victorine arrived last week and its gorgeous!
I find myself nervous when I use it though. I'm worried about the glazing and the leather button
For those that have this piece do you use it daily? Mine is with the plain brown
I personally don't own the Victorine, but I can weigh in on these topics. I've owned a pair of Emilies and a Josephine and there was never any issue with the leather button, especially when being mindful of it and making it a habit to turn that side of the wallet towards the soft lining of your bag (takes an extra 2 seconds) so that it doesn't bang up against other items such as keys. As for being a trifold-style wallet, yes, there's a very good chance that it will need to be re-glazed sooner than the accordion or envelope-flap styles because of increase in strain/fatigue along the four key flex points. This was the case with my Josephine, another trifold design.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I'm wondering does anybody have tried put a clear nail polish on the button? Mine is monogram with RB interior and I want to keep the button in a good shape as I saw it can get dirty easily. If yes, then what brand of nail polish do you use?

TIA

I had my victorine for less than a year, while I don't baby my items, I definitely don't abuse them either. Didn't overstuff my wallet, and I did not put coins in it as well. But part of the glazing is separating itself from the leather, and it had signs of cracking on the glaze as well.

Going to bring it in for re-glazing. Slight disappointed with the quality as it wasn't a cheap wallet to begin with :<

Reactions: LVintage_LVoe
Oh wow! I didn't realise the empreinte version has been out for 4 months! I'm eyeing the marine rouge Victorine. What colour is yours?

Cerise/Cherry :smile: I had a compact Virtuose in cherry before, but it wasn´t compact enough - and the Vic has 6 cc slots instead of just 4, so I´m very happy with it!

Cerise/Cherry :smile: I had a compact Virtuose in cherry before, but it wasn´t compact enough - and the Vic has 6 cc slots instead of just 4, so I´m very happy with it!

Cerise is lovely! I have the world tour Victorine but would sell it for the empreinte one as I prefer leather and I agree the Victorine is really compact yet functional.

Reactions: Pimpernel