Victoria's Secret

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am VERY pale...almost like a ghost...lol. So, I decided to get some glow with V.S.'s Bare Bronze Daily Glow Moisturizer that's supposed to make your skin glow after a while (it says, "...combines the benefits of moisturizer with a hint of self-tanner for a natural, GRADUAL glow"). Well, yesterday was my third time using it. I wake up today and look at my arms and WOW! I am tan! My legs are darker as well but they're all uneven. You can see the yellow spots and streaks all over. I figured that since the glow is supposed to build up gradually, it wouldn't matter if it was uneven one night. Thank Goodness it's not warm yet! So, I can cover up until it evens out. Who would've thought that this stuff would work so fast?

2. I use the jerens daily natural glow,It actually works very well.it gives a gradual tan,but works quickly,and pretty evenly

3. Jergens for me too.

4. there's nothing wrong with being pale. it used to be a sign that you were a higher class. i don't know when skin cancer became a sexy thing. i'm a lifeguard, i spend every day outside. i'm the same color in mid-august that i am in mid-january. i'm not going to wrinkle or get cancer for the current fashion trend.

5. No offense but I didn't say that I was joining the "tan" trend. I am VERY pale and just wanted to get some color. To my knowledge, tanning lotions do not cause cancer. I may be wrong.

If I wanted to get real tan, I would've used a tanning lotion or went to the tanning salon. Instead, I chose a moisturizing lotion with a HINT of self-tanning cream. I never tan. If I go to the beach, I put tons of sunscreen because I burn like crazy. I hope I don't sound rude.

I don't know why the color turned out to be so uneven. Maybe because my skin is so white and everything shows (where I put my lotion)? It is so pale that you can see my veins...lol!

Thank you for all your responses!

6. it's only my opinion, not a personal attack. you can feel free to do whatever you'd like, i'm not judging you. i am that same blue-white color you seem to be describing, i'm a crazy pale redhead. i think it's pretty.

7. You probably need to do a really good exfoliation and then start applying it again. This is what I have been told to do before sunless tanning before, and it really does work. Just get a loofah and some bodywash, or use one of those exfoliating scrubs and do this before lotion application--it makes the lotion go on evenly, since the dead skin has been removed.

8. I'm a major paleface too. I couldn't tan if my life depended on it. I'm too scared to go the self tan route. Maybe if I was off work for a few weeks I could then experiment...

9. Pale skin was associated with being of a higher class, because lower classes had to work outside, and thus they got tan. So, that's not exactly applicable to life in 2006- unless you still believe that there are different classes of people.

ANYWAYS. Tan skin is a personal preference- I live in FL, I LOVE being tan. I just got in from laying out by the pool. :smile:

Self-tanners are a lovely way to get tan w/out the sun damage/ skin cancer risks. For the girl who started this thread- you should deffff check out Clarins Self-Tanning milk, it works sooo very well- but its not as dark as some self-tanners. I use it to help blend in my tan-lines ( so I'm not TOO pale in certain areas!)

10. I vouch for jergens as well... although I stopped using it cuz I just got lazy and I actually sit by the pool every now and then (I'm in Florida. :smile: ) it reallt does work, and I never had problems with spots or streaks.

11. I've tried some different tans, but not all of them of course has worked.

12. lol - me too!
    I Kinda like to call it 'pale and interesting'...;) :lol:

I've tried the Johnsons moisturiser with a hint of self tan, but it's still too dark for my lily white British skin - i need one that only has a very subtle hint of colour, otherwise i end up with brown palms and noticeable streaks!:weird:

I don't sunbathe as i can't bear too much heat...! lol

13. I tried the Jergens, but then I tried Hawaiian Tropics Island Glow and like it better. The smell is more pleasant, and the tan/glow seems more gradual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice