Victoria's Secret Cosmetics

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I tried to do a search on this but nothing came up. Does anyone else use VS make up? I bought a "wet/dry" eye shadow from them in a shimmery brown. it's super pretty. It was $7 and definitely worth the money to me (I am usually pretty stingy with make up and buy from cvs or walmart). So does anyone else use VS make up?

Feb 26, 2006
I've used their eye shadow and lipstick. They were nice enough, but I would never pay full price for them. I got them when VS had a big sale. The lipstick felt a bit drying on my lips. The eye shadow was decently pigmented and had pretty good staying power.

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
i normally buy high end makeup, but i do have quite a few VS cosmetics. the quality is decent. i really like their eyeshadows, they have lots of staying power. for the lips, the beauty rush glosses aren't really for me......they're very sticky and shiny, all of them seem to be very sheer with almost no color and definitely sticky. (they all lean towards more of a clear shine gloss, even the colored ones.) but their lip plumper is fantastic. if you can stand the twenty one dollar pricing, the lip plumper is really really good. plumps my lips right up.
i don't really buy any of their foundation or concealers. Also, certain beauty products and cosmetics of theirs have lots of shimmer and/or sparkle. For me, it isn't a problem because i love shimmer but if you hate shimmery makeup, look closely at the makeup shade before checking out.

yeppp, i say the quality is actually pretty decent. :smile:

kathyrose

The Bargain Hunter
O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
I have lots of their Beauty Rush lip glosses from back a year ago when I participated in lots of promos and got them free. They are really sticky but smell nice.

I don't like their mascara but love their perfumes/body butters. I like their lipstick too. Can't say about eye shadows though but they seem okay.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
I'd say VS brand is comparable to Sephora Brand, L'Oreal or Revlon. I've bought a couple things that I love and some stuff I wasn't as impressed with. If you check their site often, they have pretty nice makeup from other brands for really cheap sometimes. In the past I've gotten stuff like Tarte cheekstains (normally ~$30) for under $10!

Designer_Love

Coach & LV Addict
Apr 16, 2009
only makeup i've bought from them is the beauty rush lipgloss, which i like, only bought one tube but wouldn't mind buying more in the future. I do like some of the body sprays they have esp strawberries and champagne and pear glace.

bunnymasseuse

BunniesN'DaSun
O.G.
May 8, 2008
The first item I ever got from VS (and only) was a free gift I got on a store's opening of their makeup section. It was a quad light shimmer shadow that had gold/green/purple/pink pastel colors and I have not seen it in a while.

*want it all*

GOODBYE BREAKING BAD
Jul 6, 2008
I recd a free lipgloss w/purchase. It wasn't the Beauty Rush packaging, it's the one that's in a separate display station in the beauty section of VS. I think the color was what Heidi used in one of her promotional campaigns? :s The color is called "wet", and it's a nice neutral color. The formula isn't tacky/sticky either. It pairs well w/MAC's spice lip color. :smile:

I like the smell of the Beauty Rush lipgloss. I have mine in a strawberry scent; hubby is a fan. :biggrin: It's definitely not as sticky or thick as MAC lipglass.

HOTasFCUK

Oct 9, 2008
I have some of their lipgloss like Passion Fruit or something. Smells nice & its really glossy. My #1 HG product of all time is their cream eyeshadow (in the tube) called Glampagne or something. Its a shimmery pale gold. Its absolute love. I have 4 tubes and still panic i need more in case they stop making them. Best base, eyeshadow, everything! Get your hands on one! I also have the lilac colour and not crazy about it. The texture is not that great.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
I love the beauty rush eyeshadows. They last all day on me. I also like some of the beauty rush lip glosses, especially in the summer, but I agree that they're more clear than they look. I don't think they're too sticky though. But my favorite VS makeup product is the beauty rush mascara in black. It's my favorite mascara ever, and no matter how many others I try I always come back to it. It separates my lashes and doesn't seem to rub off, I love it! I have several tubes stocked up. I've tried some of the non-beauty rush makeup, (I guess just Victorias secret brand? In black packaging..) and its just okay, an exception is a bronzer that I love. But overall, beauty rush, I think, is better and you can't beat the price!

May 29, 2008
I'm definitely addicted to their lip gloss...every semi-annual sale, my mom and I buy like 20! I also have a couple of their shimmery eye shadows that are pretty cheap, but I only get those when I have one of those 'spend $50, get $10 off' coupons and I'm a few dollars short of $50. They're pretty tho :smile:

Apr 1, 2009
i have a couple of things from them. i bought a liquid eyeliner with sparkles inside. while it's very pretty, it also burned my eyes so i stopped using it. i also have their beauty rush lip gloss which i found to be kind of sticky. from what i've tried on at the store, i'd say the overall quality is okay and is better than most drug store cosmetics. however i wouldn't pay full price for them.

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
I really recommend their Brilliant Lip Shine Lip glosses. They are like non-sticky Dazzleglasses. The packaging is cute--it is a click pen to get the product out of the applicator brush (like Touche Eclat from YSL). The only downside is you only get 0.05 Fl oz for $10---not very much product.