Victoria's Secret clothing sizes

eitak

Oct 20, 2010
hi everyone! I did a search on this topic and found some threads from over a year ago, so I figured it'd be best to make a new one that specifically talks about their latest pieces.

I have a VS gift card that needs to be used up, and surprisingly, I don't need or want any underwear or bras! I'm looking at these sweaters:

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/S...&c=Page&cid=1284548323987&pagename=vsdWrapper

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/S...&c=Page&cid=1284548323987&pagename=vsdWrapper

they are both "boyfriend" style so I know they will fit bigger/looser anyway, but I just don't know what size to go with. size chart isn't very helpful and pretty generic -- it says I should be a small. I'm very tall (5'10"), so I usually buy a medium in all tops to fit my broad shoulders.

what do you guys think? anyone order these and have reviews/recommendations?

I made a great mistake and bought the cardigan in your pic in three colours to save on shipping (live in Oz), instead of getting one and checking the quality...

They're probably the worst quality knits I have ever owned and doubt they will be worn much, but I'm stuck with them as shipping them back just wouldn't be worth it for me...

I love them in the photos and they could have been lovely cardigans had they paid more attention to details and better yarns..the finishing around the button holes is shocking, the whole thing is just a shapeless mess...

I thought I would be set for next winter with these cardis, but now I have to find others..

Does anybody know what they're pj's are like quality wise..?

I guess at the end of the day, you get what you pay for...$39 seemed too reasonable, I must admit...I wish they had doubled the price and improved the quality..the oversized cable knit concept itself is lovely, they were on the right track...

I'm 6", got medium and they were pretty big, but one colour (navy) was much smaller than the others, although it said Medium..another sign of really poor quality...

They're probably the worst quality knits I have ever owned and doubt they will be worn much, but I'm stuck with them as shipping them back just wouldn't be worth it for me...

You might be able to ship them all back in the same package and the flat shipping rate is pretty inexpensive, something like $5 or $6 per package? If you are not going to wear it much, it's worth returning. I would return it even if I have to do it individually.

There is no way I'll be able to ship 3 cardigans to the US for $6 dollars..more like $30-40...I'll just wear them around the house and nipping out to get the paper...and hold back on the quantity next time I'm unsure of the quality..thanks though, Tamarind, for taking the time to think it over:smile:

I too made the mistake of buying some VS clothing items... One sweater dress, and one shirt. I'm 5'5 and bought each in a small (I usually wear xs and sometimes a small)... The sweater dress is nice, but looks much better in the pictures. The quality is definitely not as good as it appears online. The shirt is pretty but, again, looks better in the pictures and looks generally baggy around the waist area and has no form to it. I don't think the quality of their clothing is all too great, to be honest.

^I have sweatpants and a few basic t shirts by Victoria's secret, and I must say they hold up nicely. I can't complain about the quality, but I've never ordered anything from their site.

I made a great mistake and bought the cardigan in your pic in three colours to save on shipping (live in Oz), instead of getting one and checking the quality...

I love them in the photos and they could have been lovely cardigans had they paid more attention to details and better yarns..the finishing around the button holes is shocking, the whole thing is just a shapeless mess...

I thought I would be set for next winter with these cardis, but now I have to find others..

Does anybody know what they're pj's are like quality wise..?

I guess at the end of the day, you get what you pay for...$39 seemed too reasonable, I must admit...I wish they had doubled the price and improved the quality..the oversized cable knit concept itself is lovely, they were on the right track...

I'm 6", got medium and they were pretty big, but one colour (navy) was much smaller than the others, although it said Medium..another sign of really poor quality...

ouch! this does not motivate me to purchase their cardigans. sorry about your experience! I'm in the market for a really nice "boyfriend" cardigan that will hold up for years, and I suppose I just need to look around more. boo!

I have one summer dress (the kind you just thrown on over a bathing suit) and 2 t-shirts from them; the quality is pretty nice.

There is no way I'll be able to ship 3 cardigans to the US for $6 dollars..more like $30-40...I'll just wear them around the house and nipping out to get the paper...and hold back on the quantity next time I'm unsure of the quality..thanks though, Tamarind, for taking the time to think it over:smile:

Just saw from your avatar you are in Australia. Yes I agree...
In the US it is quite easy. In the delivery VS gives you a UPS label to use for return, and just take $6 off your refund and you can lump many items together from separate orders. You even use their own bag to send the stuff back.
I ordered some T shirts from them last year and liked them because they actually made things small enough. I've even had good luck with an anorak that people kept asking me where I got it from. It is hit or miss though, and I agree that in your case it's not worth returning.

i've ordered a few clothing items and it's hit or miss for me.

the 2 cardigans i ordered that were silk/cashmere blends have pilled quite a bit, and although they aren't soooo bad that i'd stop wearing them, they're bad enough to keep me from buying them again.

however, i have 3 cotton cardigans (i think they were categorized as tees, not sweaters) that have held up extremely well. i guess it's because they're 100% cotton though (not some blend) and they're a bit thicker than most of the other sweaters and tops that VS sells for layering.

i wouldn't stay away from VS clothes, but i think the quality really depends on the material.

i wanted to buy this for traveling http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/S...1265333601813&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true but since it's a cotton cashmere blend, i think i should pass. if it were 100% cotton i'd buy it.

in regards to sizing, all of the sweaters i bought were smaller than i expected (and i'm basically a xs/0, or 00/xxs if available).

in regards to other VS clothes, i love my yoga pants and they've held up very well despite me wearing them a lot last fall. they also haven't faded which is nice since i hate faded black clothes. and VS pink has my favorite t-shirts- they're the perfect length and thickness, and i love the v-neck.

I agree about PINK. I ordered some black leggings and was surprised that they felt pretty nice and soft. I didn't like the leggings from their other lines though.
Generally I find plain long sleeve Tshirts are decent and inexpensive and fit me really well.