Victoria's Secret Bra Trial

Stephy685

*TFMW*
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
NFL Hall of Fame
In the past 2 years consecutively, my friend has gotten two calls from Victoria’s Secret, wanting to know if she would like to participate in a “bra study”. During these trials, a customer is sent a “new” style of bra, in her size, for free, to keep. All she has to do is wear it for a month. At the end of the trial period, a VS associate calls and asks questions about what she liked/didn’t like about the bra. Has anyone ever heard of this, or took part in one of these before?

What boggles me is that we are both Angel’s credit card account holders, but I have had mine for 3 years longer and spent more money than she. Wouldn’t a company want to extend this special promotion to its “best” customers? Yes, I am a bit jealous, and bitter. But I just want to know how they choose the participants. We are pretty much the same when it comes to demographics. We live in the same town, and are the same age. Neither of us are an “unusual size”. Neither of us have ever worked for VS or one of its “sister” stores, nor do we have any affiliates with the company.

I tried e-mailing customer service, but of course, no response, as this is probably supposed to be a “secret”! I didn’t think anything of it when she got the call the first time, assuming it was just purely random, and luck on her part. But the second time around, I was a bit annoyed, because she got $80 worth of free bras, for only buying things when she gets coupons (which she pretty much gets every coupon they issue, whereas half the coupons I get are actually issued to my father!).

I guess it actually “pays” to only purchase things a couple times a year, instead of monthly, so they start offering things to keep you as a customer….:shrugs:

She might have just ended up on a special 'list' of some sort?

I have no idea how VS does things, but I have never had an Angels card yet nearly every month they send me one of those "free panty/$10 off a bra" coupons! Honestly I must have gotten like 8 of those in the past few months and I always forget to use them (I have two valid ones in my possession right now).

So I have no idea how they got my name and address. I do shop there on occassion, I often buy presents there (the 5 for $25 deal is a big hit) and always stop by during sales, but I am by no means a big spender - I have never bought anything there full price.

It's probably just really random and has nothing to do with what you spend there. (I have never heard of one of these either, but it makes sense they'd have testers like this.) Go talk to a manager? :smile:

nseastar

O.G.
Jul 3, 2007
Oh that would drive me crazy too! Sorry I'm no help. I also have an Angel card and shop regularly and they've never called me either.

galligator

Mostly Harmless
Nov 19, 2007
Isn't free a great price? I'd just settle for the local VS ever actually having a bra in my size in stock. Anything over a 'C' is never in stock. Guess that's what the internet is for.

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
it could be that she buys the target bras that trigger her to be a candidate for the study. Do you always buy the same type of bra?

Jiaga

Nov 12, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I've never heard of it. I would be really jealous too! Maybe when they started it the list was randomly chosen and and they still use that same list?

Stephy685

*TFMW*
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
NFL Hall of Fame
yeah, someone else i talked to also suggested that it may not actually be VS themselves, but a market research company that they hired, which got a list of their customers...