Victoria Tennis Bracelet

cupcake34

Jun 26, 2012
Hi ladies,

I've fallen in love with the Victoria tennis bracelet:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+5-p+1-c+473573-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I'm debating whether to save up for thís or a Cartier 10 diamond Love... FYI, I already have a plain RG Love.

Are tennis bracelets suitable for everyday wear and do the get easily caught on clothes? Also, do they require a lot of maintenance, e.g. having the prongs regularly checked?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Oh, i've always loved that bracelet! So i would choose that over the Cartier one, but then i'm biased :P.

I think there should not be any problems wearing tennis bracelets daily. I wear mine (NOT Tiffany, sadly) everyday. The prongs don't catch, but then the tcw is much smaller than the Victoria (i can't remember the exact carat weight). However, between the two, i would imagine that you'll need to be more careful with the Tiffany one compared to the Love.

Hi ladies,

I've fallen in love with the Victoria tennis bracelet:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+5-p+1-c+473573-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I'm debating whether to save up for thís or a Cartier 10 diamond Love... FYI, I already have a plain RG Love.

Are tennis bracelets suitable for everyday wear and do the get easily caught on clothes? Also, do they require a lot of maintenance, e.g. having the prongs regularly checked?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
I would go with cartier for sure. This tiffany bracelet has been replicated by many jewelers for half the price, honestly can't tell the difference if its done by a good jeweler . Cartier on the other hand is a statement on its own, it is expensive but it will hold its value forever! Tiffany will not.... If you go to sell it sometime in the future you'll be disappointed with what you get offered. Cartier is impossible to replicate exactly, I know, I'm a jeweler :smile: we have made the Victoria many times, if you just like the "look" then have it custom made with you jeweler and save a few thousand dollars! I've seen many jewelers copies of the "love" and it's never like the cartier. Hope this helps;) I vote cartier !

Really? I haven't seen anything similar to the Victoria bracelet yet.

I would consider getting it custom made but I'm always afraid that it does not look like the way I would like it to and then I'd be stuck with it. Also, would I need to have the prongs checked regularly?

Really? I haven't seen anything similar to the Victoria bracelet yet.

I would consider getting it custom made but I'm always afraid that it does not look like the way I would like it to and then I'd be stuck with it. Also, would I need to have the prongs checked regularly?
Yes , the Victoria can be made by a good jeweler no problem exactly like Tiffany's. if its done the right way you don't have to worry about the prongs getting caught on things. They should be nice and rounded and polished well without nicks and dents just like the real thing. As far as checking the prongs, you should do it at least once a year like with any other prong set jewelry. If you plan to rock climb with the bracelet then probably check the integrity of the bracelet a bit more, but for regular daily wear its perfectly suitable.

Yes , the Victoria can be made by a good jeweler no problem exactly like Tiffany's. if its done the right way you don't have to worry about the prongs getting caught on things. They should be nice and rounded and polished well without nicks and dents just like the real thing. As far as checking the prongs, you should do it at least once a year like with any other prong set jewelry. If you plan to rock climb with the bracelet then probably check the integrity of the bracelet a bit more, but for regular daily wear its perfectly suitable.

Diamond_Girl, you nailed it. I agree with you totally. It is possible for skilled jewelers to make a beautiful Victoria tennis bracelet. Indeed my friend has her made with selected high-grade diamonds (E, VS1) and it came out very gorgeous. I have to say hers is actually better looking with more sparks than Tiffany Victoria bracelet compared side by side.

I would get a TB over another Love, although I think the plain Love WITH the 10 diamond Love is an awesome combo!

I don't have a TB but I def think its something you can wear daily!

I would get the tennis bracelet in a heart beat. To me, it's a true classic and it's something I can imagine myself wearing at every possible occasion. That said,I may be biased, because I don't really get the love bracelet at all. To me it looks too industrial. If you have another one already, I would go with something different.

Victoria! I have both (plain LOVE and Victoria) and yes, the love is definitely more durable. I never worry (now that it's scratched!) about hurting it as it's solid (as you know) as a rock. But nothing sparkles like a Tiffany diamond bracelet!!! OMG it's gorgeous. When I wear it I get so many compliments. But I'm nervous wearing it. I even got a safety chain (the clasp has never budged, I just get nervous) but I am conscious of banging it on things. Clasps and prongs are really well made and don't catch. Especially if you have a love I'd get the TB first - why have two of the same thing when you can have different ones?! :smile: And much more sparkly!!

:smile: And personally I think the Victoria is more sparkly and special (and feminine) but that's just me. I love my love too but I think they're TOTALLY different looks so I'd get both if you can!

Victoria! I have both (plain LOVE and Victoria) and yes, the love is definitely more durable. I never worry (now that it's scratched!) about hurting it as it's solid (as you know) as a rock. But nothing sparkles like a Tiffany diamond bracelet!!! OMG it's gorgeous. When I wear it I get so many compliments. But I'm nervous wearing it. I even got a safety chain (the clasp has never budged, I just get nervous) but I am conscious of banging it on things. Clasps and prongs are really well made and don't catch. Especially if you have a love I'd get the TB first - why have two of the same thing when you can have different ones?! :smile: And much more sparkly!!

:smile: And personally I think the Victoria is more sparkly and special (and feminine) but that's just me. I love my love too but I think they're TOTALLY different looks so I'd get both if you can!

Thanks! Could you post pictures of your Victoria?? :smile:

Thanks for all your answers, I really appreciate it!

As I have a small wrist (5'5) I would definitely have to have the Victoria shortened. I like my bracelets to fit rather tightly - would that also be possible with the Victoria or do you have to wear tennis bracelets rather loosely?

Thanks for all your answers, I really appreciate it!

As I have a small wrist (5'5) I would definitely have to have the Victoria shortened. I like my bracelets to fit rather tightly - would that also be possible with the Victoria or do you have to wear tennis bracelets rather loosely?

Much looser than the Love. Have you tried on a Victoria as-is yet?