Victoria or Plume?

Victoria or Plume as a daily bag.?

• Victoria

• Plume

Results are only viewable after voting.

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
Would love to know what you prefer and why. If you have both please indulge me with comparison shots. Thank you!:worthy: I have seen them both in the boutique and tried them on- very hard to decide...

Reactions: ittybitty
They're very different bags IMHO - Victoria is more casual; lined in fabric, with slouchy, Clemence leather, and the Plume more structured, lined in leather (I'm a stickler for this), lady like and refined.

While I think both are beautiful bags both for different reasons (though own neither) my heart belongs to the Paris Bombay, which Plume is closer to in the family, so by default I will go the Plume.

While I wear everything from jeans and fatigues (seriously) to formal with my Box K, I don't think I'd necessarily be able to have the same flexibility with the "strictly" hand-held Plume. That said, Julide posted a fabulous picture on the first page of this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/can-the-plume-be-worn-as-shoulder-bag-701608.html

Hope this helps and best of luck deciding!

I love the victoria élan and own several, but the regular victoria is too boxy for me. And I also own several plumes. So which one do I vote for?

I only own the Plume 32 and the thing is I prefer the rolled handles that can lie flat against the bag due to the hardware which doesn't happen on the Victoria. Plus the size 35 is too big for me and I've never seen a smaller size of the Victoria. If I was going for a large bag in a similar style I'd go for the Paris Bombay Tall.
Good luck deciding!

I love the victoria élan and own several, but the regular victoria is too boxy for me. And I also own several plumes. So which one do I vote for?

Ooh I ve never seen the élan! I have a plume 32,which is good for the summer but I was thinking of a new one for winter - not decided if I get another plume which works well for me or a Victoria which looks more robust... Any comparison photos would be great.:smile:

I only own the Plume 32 and the thing is I prefer the rolled handles that can lie flat against the bag due to the hardware which doesn't happen on the Victoria. Plus the size 35 is too big for me and I've never seen a smaller size of the Victoria. If I was going for a large bag in a similar style I'd go for the Paris Bombay Tall.
Good luck deciding!
For overall style, the plume wins for me, but I needed a shoulder option so I went with the Victoria - it is very versatile and under the radar. I also have the Paris-Bombay Tall and like it just a bit more because it is leather lined and more comfortable on the shoulder, but it is overall bigger than the Victoria, slouchy and casual with long handles, so I see it as a much different bag than the plume.

I am a huge fan of the plume and still collect them. I prefer the 32 but do have one 28 which I got at the Elizabeth Taylor auction. I don't use it much for obvious reasons.

Regardless here are comparison pictures from the web with both Victoria's side by side. There are always a few for sale here and there. I really love the élan because the strap is long enough for a shoulder bag and also because the bag is flat it lays comfortably against my body. It's very utilitarian and super light in weight.

If I had to vote for the basic victoria or plume, it would definitely be the plume. But I do prefer the victoria élan overall.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 1.39.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 1.39.53 PM.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 879
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 1.40.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 1.40.08 PM.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 877
My preference is the plume but that's likely because I own one, lol. I do like the structure of the plume but that's me, I prefer box over the slouchy leathers because of this structure. I also prefer the rolled handles, feels better in my hands. Just one opinion...

Plume without a doubt. Classic. Proportions are perfect - though the straps can be a bit on the thin side - suppose that is to keep the weight light. I would adore having a black box 28 regular plume. I've yet to see and try on a small Victoria though, and I would guess the elan would be a very functional bag as stated by audreylita, but it seems very large and heavy in appearance.

This is a great thread, Ladysarah.

I have contemplating the same thing. I would like to have a big bag; for some strange reason I keep buying the super small bags (micro's, tpm's and pochette's). I like both (plume and victoria) and have been trying to decide which one of these I like. I do like the Cabag too.

Does any one know, if a strap would work on the Plume?

Does any one know, if a strap would work on the Plume?

supposedly the evelyne canvas strap works on the plume and I recently saw a woman with a plume 32 and the evelyne strap attached but I didnt find it aesthetically pleasing.

I don't own either, so I can't help with photos or experience. However, the plume in 32 has always held my heart as classic, perfect, under-the-radar H. I will never forget the photo from an old H scarf booklet of a plume casually thrown on the handlebar of a bicycle. One photo undid it's image as a formal, ladies handbag completely.