Victoria matronly?

krawford

O.G.
Feb 3, 2011
Please don't hate me for asking this question, but do you consider the Victoria a more mature/matronly bag. I have never seen this bag in real life, but when I see it in pictures, I am drawn to it. I know it is in Clemence which will slouch, but does it get TOO slouchy over time and begin to look somewhat distorted. Does anyone have any regrets about purchasing this bag? Opinions please!

I absolutely love mine! It does slouch a bit but not too much. Mine's in blue jean and I think this is a bag that looks great in color. I actually think it's less "mature" than most of my other bags. Very casual and fun/comfortable to carry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 900
it does slouch i actually love how versatile it can be and i have to say that aside from Candy colors and still in Candy i dont think a single Hermes bag is too Young or too matronly. i agree some colors can be more classic and mature but not old ....... hope it helps Darling !!!!!!

I hope it's matronly because I bought one last year. While I am not super young anymore I don't think I'm anywhere near matronly. Perhaps the more interesting the color the younger it could look. It is a bit slouchy I don't think this bag is designed to be stiff. Also, and I hope other don't throw too many eggs but I bought this bag because it's a practical and basic bag and looks kinda nice. I don't consider it to be terribly stylish versus many of the other Hermes bag styles. With that said, I still love it and even wore mine today.

Last edited:
I think the Victoria may be my next bag as it's versatile, functional and looks great in a variety of different colors. I don't consider it matronly but I definitely don't consider it trendy either. As in many other H bags, I would call it "classic". It has a great shape, is a good size and can be used as an every day bag or as a travel tote.

I do have a question, re colors that I posted in the "ode to Victroria" thread but it didn't get a response. Does anyone know if it still comes in Blue Electrique?

I am a huge fan of the Victoria. I don't see it as matronly at all. I put a purse organizer in mine (and most of my bags) which helps to keep the slouch to a minimum. The clemence leather is heavenly!

Some of my favorite celebs have carried a Victoria

Jennifer Garner

Kelly Rutherford

Hmmmm.....I'm in my mid 50's and probably wouldn't buy one because I'd feel more "matronly" than I already feel! LOL!!!! But I feel that way with some scarf and shawl designs, etc....

If you're young then go for it!

:flowers:

I don't think it looks matronly at all because I think it all depends on the color of the bag and also on what you're wearing as a total package. I've tried Victoria in store a few times and I think it's a nice looking bag and very practical. The one in neutral color looks more understated to me and the one in bright color is very fresh and lively. The only reason I haven't taken a plunge is because I personally prefer a single strap shoulder bag that I can carry comfortably over my winter coat. If you worry about the slouchy look, then I'd suggest checking out the Plume as well.

I don't think it's matronly at all! I love the slouch and it's a very practical bag. Mine was gold and after a while I decided that this style looks better in colour, so I sold it and I am now waiting for the right pop colour!