Victoria II vs. Evelyne GM

Yoshi1296

O.G.
Dec 29, 2012
Hello everyone! My parents are willing to get me my very first Hermes bag as a birthday gift for me however I am unsure of which bag to get. I love the ease of the Evelyne but the Victoria is super classic and I like that it has the security of the lock and zipper. I feel like I would use the Evelyne more due to its versatility but the victoria (35cm) has a lining and seems like it could fit a lot more. Also I'm a guy so which would you guys like on a guy (I totally dislike the mens H bags)

Hello everyone! My parents are willing to get me my very first Hermes bag as a birthday gift for me however I am unsure of which bag to get. I love the ease of the Evelyne but the Victoria is super classic and I like that it has the security of the lock and zipper. I feel like I would use the Evelyne more due to its versatility but the victoria (35cm) has a lining and seems like it could fit a lot more. Also I'm a guy so which would you guys like on a guy (I totally dislike the mens H bags)
Happy Birthday!
You are really blessed to have a birthday gift.
It would really depends on what is your purpose.
For going out dinner, the Evelyne is good.
For gym, the Victoria is good.

If you have the Victoria, will you still yearn for the Evelyn bag?
If yes, then go for the Evelyn bag.

You'll probably end up with both in no time at all.

Buy the one which you are needing most first (for purpose) and choose a colour you will love forever

A rouge H Evelyne was my first Hermes bag and still the most used so that would be my suggestion.

You won't regret either bag so work out how you are going to wear it most and start with the most useful piece. H is very addictive few people have the willpower to stop at one so plan your strategy and enjoy.

You have a very sweet and loving parents. Lucky you! Both bags are very nice and versatile but very different. Do you have a preference for how the bag is being carried? Evelyne is a crossbody/messenger style bag which will leave your hands free whereas Victoria is hand or shoulder carried. For Evelyne, you can order a bag organizer insert to keep things organized and leather clean. G'luck deciding! :biggrin:

I think Evelyne might be a good everyday everywhere use for a guy at his young age. I like guys with their hands free (of carrying anything) ready to rescue a puppy from getting hit by a car or to pull a woman from falling down an escalator. I've been watching too many Marvel movies lately. Forgive my spontaneous women instinct.

I think the Evelyne will look better on a guy. Have you thought about the Jypsiere too? It can hold more than the Evelyne and it is more secure since it has a flap.

I'm partial to the Victoria ever since I saw GVL 's fabulous reveal. It's a great masculine bag (the larger sized one) in a deep rich dark color. Evelyn is like a messenger but the fact that it's "longer" in length rather than width makes it less masculine to me. However , I've seen many men carrying Evy's and they look great.

I think Evelyne might be a good everyday everywhere use for a guy at his young age. I like guys with their hands free (of carrying anything) ready to rescue a puppy from getting hit by a car or to pull a woman from falling down an escalator. I've been watching too many Marvel movies lately. Forgive my spontaneous women instinct.

LMAO!! This made my day!!! You have a good point too! I love Marvel movies!!!

I would go for a Victoria II, haha. You can see mine here.

I'm partial to the Victoria ever since I saw GVL 's fabulous reveal. It's a great masculine bag (the larger sized one) in a deep rich dark color. Evelyn is like a messenger but the fact that it's "longer" in length rather than width makes it less masculine to me. However , I've seen many men carrying Evy's and they look great.

Owww you're so sweat. :love: