Victoria Ft....I can't decide....

eoel

Feb 10, 2008
Recently, I have this liking for the Victoria bag because it's big and I'm someone who carries lotsa stuff in her bag so a bigger bag aways work for me. However, in the Victoria FT thread sometime back, some commented this bag may be bulky to carry on the shoulders. The SA also told me because it's of clemence leather, the bag will slouch for sure over time.

Then, there are quite a few colors to choose from and all colors ARE lovely ! There are Gold, Black, Gris T , Parchemin, Pousierre , Raisin , Mocha. I'm looking at Gold or Gris T and I'm more partial to the latter.

If you were me, which color would you choose ? Gold or Gris T ?

I would appreciate if those who owned the Victoria FT in Gris T to share some modelling shots, if possible. I'm about 5 feet 4, slim , and Im worried the bag might look abit bulky on me.

Also, my concern would be how the bag would look like being very seasoned.

Please share your views, H lovers ! :smile:

Thank you.

i have the victoria ft in black and love her.
i don't find the bag bulky but i do have trouble getting her on my shoulder in the winter with a heavy coat.
she holds a ton and always looks great.
good luck.

I have it in Gris T and Rouge Garrance and love them!! Really practical and just looks better when it's slouchy. I'm also 5'4" and wear a size 2-4 and don't find it bulky at all. HTH!

Have you tried it on? If it is comfortable for you, by all means! For me, I'm someone who stuffs my bag and so don't feel that the VFT would be comfy as a shoulder bag. My arm won't be able to close and rest, kwim? For GrisT, it may look bigger as it is a light colour. Clemence will slouch over time but I don't find that it looks bad you know, just floppy.

LS - I've tried the bag a few times on different occasion & liked it, but not really "so much in love" with it you know, but the Gris T really caught my eye over the Gold.... I'm still thinking....:smile:

I have it in Gris T and Rouge Garrance and love them!! Really practical and just looks better when it's slouchy. I'm also 5'4" and wear a size 2-4 and don't find it bulky at all. HTH!

Miele - Would you be kind to share a pic of the Gris T whenever you have the time ? I have up to this Friday to decide...

Recently, I have this liking for the Victoria bag because it's big and I'm someone who carries lotsa stuff in her bag so a bigger bag aways work for me. However, in the Victoria FT thread sometime back, some commented this bag may be bulky to carry on the shoulders. The SA also told me because it's of clemence leather, the bag will slouch for sure over time.

Then, there are quite a few colors to choose from and all colors ARE lovely ! There are Gold, Black, Gris T , Parchemin, Pousierre , Raisin , Mocha. I'm looking at Gold or Gris T and I'm more partial to the latter.

If you were me, which color would you choose ? Gold or Gris T ?

I would appreciate if those who owned the Victoria FT in Gris T to share some modelling shots, if possible. I'm about 5 feet 4, slim , and Im worried the bag might look abit bulky on me.

Also, my concern would be how the bag would look like being very seasoned.

Please share your views, H lovers ! :smile:

Thank you.
A few thoughts... I have this bag in ebene clemence. In January I was in Paris, and stopped in FSH. This was the bag my SA of 15 years liked the best at the moment. I have Birkins and a couple of Kellys and I was looking for something that I could use everyday--something that would have great quality and be wonderful to the touch, but that would be more casual and softer in structure.

I have to say I was very unsure at first--he wanted me to spend THAT much money on something that was not a Kelly or a Birkin (!!)? But I loved the size and the shape and the feel. I put a little money down (I already had too much to carry home) and promised to pick it up on the next trip.

I just came home with it in June and I am very pleased. I am an inch taller than you (5' 5") but unlike you I am NOT tiny! Let me say that while I was in Paris, in Bon Marche, I spotted a woman at the cosmetics counter with a Victoria FT. She WAS tiny and about your height, and it all looked great. BTW, I loved her bag--it was white but the accessories were in orange leather--and they popped!

I carry mine over my arm. Like another poster, I had trouble getting it over my shoulder with a coat on.

You need to be comfortable with a light-colored linen lining. It is the first Hermes I have owned that does not have a leather interior and I find myself very nervous about pens in the purse...

Good luck!

Perigord - Thank you for sharing so much, now I am certain in getting the bag. Actually I have already reserved the Raisin but gave it up few days ago when I saw how the bag looked kinda matured on me, plus I think a different color stitching would be a nice touch on the bag. Still wondering if I should get a GOLDIE or a GRIS T ??? :king:

I have this bag in raisin and cannot say enough good things about it. It holds a ton, fits easily over my shoulder in my winter coat, and I get stopped all the time with people asking where they can get this bag. I'm 5'3", size 8-10, and think the bag is not too big for me at all. For travelling, it holds my 11 inch laptop, all the cables, my bearn, my globetrotter, le 48 coin wallet, blackberry, Palm, books, magazines and more. Seriously. A pleasure to carry, whether the load is heavy or not. Only you can answer which colour works better with your wardrobe and climate. I have been told raisin is hard to come by in this bag, BTW.

I have one in Blue Jean and LOVE IT! It's a great bag. It can hold alot. I too was worried about the interior so I use a chameleon insert with it. I will go find some pictures of it.

Besides orange and chartreuse what are other bright colors Victoria the smallest version comes in?
Any other colors but clemance? What about chevre?
I am eyeing this bag for quite awhile