Victoria Beckham - my heart has sunk

One more thought - to put this into perspective - I dont know whether its like this in the UK, but in the US, there has always been a spike of publicity and birkin interest after some American celebrity (there have been a series of them) is photographed prominently carrying one. Whether the publicity is good or bad publicity - and often MORE so when its bad. My SA says that after Martha Stewart carried hers into court during her trial, they had tons of people coming in asking for it. I think the same thing happened after Lil Kim carried hers to her tax evasion trial, or Jeannine Pirro to her husbands trial (Pirro was carrying a kelly bag). The New York Times dubbed the birkin "the Perp Walk Bag"

Now that she has moved to the US, wont VB sort of be out of sight/mind in the UK for a while though? Maybe making it less difficult to get one of "her" bags in the UK?

I don't think you have too much to worry about. Hermes isn't a trend like Juicy sweats or Chanel Black Satin nailpolish that the average Jane Doe can afford. The price tag alone prevents it from being something that everyone can get on the waiting list for.

Don't worry, you'll get your bag! Think positive thoughts! Lots of luck!

Thank you everyone, thanks also for the PM Eliselady, it was very kind.
You know what? My friend has a voucher for LV, she was willing to give to me for half price to buy something - she is annoyed with LV right now, I turned her down flat (thanked her of course!lol) I just have one clear goal and I must not waver. I will bide my time. Thanks again!xx

I don't think you have too much to worry about. Hermes isn't a trend like Juicy sweats or Chanel Black Satin nailpolish that the average Jane Doe can afford. The price tag alone prevents it from being something that everyone can get on the waiting list for.

jillybean you make a good point. My personal fear is that faux Birkins and Kellys will pop up everywhere. I definately don't mean to be a negative nelly here but b/c I experienced this with the Jessica Simpson/LV MC thing, I so don't want it to happen to Hermes (just when I find a brand that isn't overly produced :yes:) The "I want it, but can't afford it so I'll buy a faux".... syndrome that came full force in 03' with LV. KWIM? :crybaby: I was a loyal LV fan at the time and had been prior, although I didn't buy my 1st until later. The popularity and fake producing eventually kind of ruined it for me.

Sammyjoe, don't feel silly starting this thread. I know what your trying to say in it. :smile:

Thanks Edsbgrl! Its almost like you have a secret - there is a fantastic company that produces wonderful products, that are sought after, there is a lot of education to learn and its interesting stuff. Then wham! Its blown open and new people clamour for it!! Even though I am new myself!!Lol!!:smile:

I tell you who makes me barf....the thought of her carrying Hemres makes me feel a little ill - Lil' Kim......ugggggghhhhh........

I mean......why? Did she HAVE to?
:rolleyes: Kim doesn't carry 'Hemres', she carries Hermes. :rolleyes:Just like any lady here who'll pay for that bag, Little Kim can carry what ever she darn well pleases. Your comment was totally unwarranted. Truth be told, Beckham is no better than Kim, and Hermes could really care less who carries their bags. It's about $$$$$....and nothing more. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong. i have always liked VB, but i am getting a little tired of seeing her face everywhere.
She seems to be a little too needy for publicity at the moment, stealing DBs limelight, when he signed for LA Galaxy. And i am so totally jealous of all her H bags, it is making me green with jealousy

I haven't been offended by any photos of Victoria Beckham carrying Hermes. (The photo of Lindsay Lohan with her Orange Birkin in the sand on the beach, turned my stomache though. OUCH sand and surf near that lovely leather!) But Victoria appears to cherish and gleefully love her Hermes.

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy which was adored by many carried her bags everywhere, even putting them on the floor of sidewalks and subways - yet people still adored her and emulated her.

I don't think that Victoria carrying Hermes on TV will change much. Hermes seems to be carried on many tv shows and by many celebrities and I've not seen a decrease of Birkins. Actually, I think it is easier to get one now than it was 5 years ago.

I know fakes are likelier to get more widespread because of media coverage, but that is just par for the course.

I don't really care what bag VB carries as I carry what I like, not because of a celebrity. Look how famous Oprah is and there's no way she'll carry H....who really cares as those of us who love the brand will still purchase it...
I'm just trying to say that most celebrities carry 'it' bags because they're publicity for them and the company they're carrying(who knows if they've even personally purchased the bag)...it's just a personal preference for consumers to choose the right brand for their needs...
and, yes, I'm already tired to VB and she just got here!!!! I think it's been media 'overkill'!!!!!!!!!!!