Vibrato

I love Vibrato, but had no idea there were problems with it :confused1:

That said, here is my Vibrato Trim:

fav2xd.jpg

This really is one of my favorite bags. I can take it anywhere :heart:

Yummy & so beautiful!!:love:

It looks like a cousin of my bag!! Do you use it regularly?

Maybe the rumors aren't true then!

I love vibratos!! I think it's very uniquely Hermes, and it's a testimony to H craftmanship. I have two vibrato birkins, a rouge garance and a raisin one. When you look closely at the layers of leather pressed together, it's pretty amazing!! I have to admit though, I'm more careful when using vibrato then regular leather, because especially in birkins, the vibrato part goes all the way to the bottom corners of the bag, and these parts tend to rub on your clothes and is a magnet for color transfers...

Overall though, I still love vibrato very much!!

Yummy & so beautiful!!:love:

It looks like a cousin of my bag!! Do you use it regularly?

Maybe the rumors aren't true then!

Thanks, LaBoheme! I LOVE your Vibrato, too, BTW :love:Our bags are cousins for sure.

I do use mine regularly. In fact, last winter, this was my primary bag. I've also taken it travelling -- weekends in Paris, business trips to New York, and it's in great shape. No separation from what I can see. The box part got a bit scuffed up, but I polished it with some Kiwi mink oil and a soft cloth and the scuffs disappeared.

PS - I LOVE your photo of the Mad Men cast. It's one of my favorite shows

Thanks, LaBoheme! I LOVE your Vibrato, too, BTW :love:Our bags are cousins for sure.

I do use mine regularly. In fact, last winter, this was my primary bag. I've also taken it travelling -- weekends in Paris, business trips to New York, and it's in great shape. No separation from what I can see. The box part got a bit scuffed up, but I polished it with some Kiwi mink oil and a soft cloth and the scuffs disappeared.

PS - I LOVE your photo of the Mad Men cast. It's one of my favorite shows

LT, I am so glad to read this! Yay! I'm not very hard on my bags anyway ( shoes and boots are a different story) but some posts here and on the the Fashion Spot about Vibrato had me worried.

Well, that's it! I'm throwing it into circulation as of today.

Have you seen any other cousin pieces like ours? If you find any, would you please let me know? There's just something about the combi. that I love...I've even saved your pic to my H folders.

I've been *this* close to trading or selling it but I can never go through w/it. I guess I do love this crazy thing called Vibrato.:upsidedown::love:

OMG, Mad Men is my favorite show (next to Anthony Bourdain) & I cannot wait for the season to start. ...last year, I even bought the iTunes pass!:heart: I hope that it'll be offered this season too.:yahoo:

Vibrato is many layers of chevre (goat skin) compressed. I have a rouge h vibrato birkin that gets regular use. I'm no more careful with it then with my other H bags. Vibratos come with an eraser to "rub" any light soiling.

I've never heard of separation ane would love to hear from someone who had this happen.

Thanks mm!:smile:

Here's a cute green Vibrato Birkin on eBay. It was posted earlier in the '...Finds' thread. I thought it would be gone by now for sure!

OTOH, I did hear recently that Vibratos and green colors are harder to sell?

Poor adorable bag!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130192406745

b923_2.JPG

The green one has a K stamp too!

I have not had the leather separation problem, but I have had the "it gets dirty at the corners very easily" problem. Still, I love it...

Now, that seems like a great piece - a jige in Vibrato!!:heart:

...I chickened out of using my Vib. Birkin after all. I just couldn't bear to really use it like my I do my Clemence Kelly. sigh.