Vibrato

1. Forgive my lack of Hermes knowledge, but how is Vibrato made and is it a particular kind of leather or a mix? Is it durable? What do others think of it? I'm not sure if either love it (have never seen it irl) or would grow weary of it because it's something of a novelty.

2. Strips of leather that are glued together. I assume they use some type off high pressure in the process. Sorry to say that you shouldn't get too attached to the thought of owning a new one. They are discontinuing it. I really wanted a bag in vibrato and my SA gave me the sad news and said that even if one appeared, I shouldn't buy it. He claimed there were issues with leather separation, but some of our members have vibrato and have said that they had no problems. What to think???

3. *Bumping old thread!*

'leather separation'?:wtf:

Is this only an issue for the Herbag/cabas & accessories (I can imagine that weight, crushing, or tension could strain the material,)

Is this a problem for Kellys and Birkins with Vibrato panels too?

:sweatdrop:

4. Here's a very close up view of vibrato so you can see how it is made and then a pic of my vibrato coin purse:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Great Picture Kallie Girl. Thank you. It's beautiful. :flowers:

6. [​IMG]

Love this pic!!

7. Thank you KG, I love the look of vibrato!:heart:

... Is the inside of the coin pouch the same or is it lined w/something??

I'm wondering if the strips can pull apart on a Kelly or Birkin?

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

These 2 photos below are Bagteria's (I purchased the bag from her) shots: inside of my bag & a close-up of the vibrato:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since there are solid pieces of leather behind the vibrato panels on Birkins and Kellys, they shouldn't be so fragile, right?

8. Oh yah, When TPF was down yesterday I read through part of the H thread on the Fashion Spot. There were a few mentions of Vibrato being an iffy choice.:s:sweatdrop:

9. Hi Laboheme, the inside of the coin purse is a very soft (calfskin?) red leather.

10. thanks KG.

Very nice pic... post it at the hermes art thread!!!

11. Oh cool!! I'd love a vib. coin pouch or wallet to use inside my grey Kelly.

12. It´s such a gorgeous type of leather choice, almost like art. I have no knowledge about separation but I´d imagine if it did break down as a result of heavy use H would fix it free?

13. I like Vibrato because it is colorful. It's quite difficult to maintain because of its texture. Hermes do provide a special eraser so you can rub off any dirt on the leather (but I think it's better taking it to Hermes directly for cleaning).

14. I love Vibrato, but had no idea there were problems with it :confused1:

That said, here is my Vibrato Trim:

[​IMG]

This really is one of my favorite bags. I can take it anywhere :heart:

prepster likes this.
  15. ^ Gorgeous!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice