VH1 Fashion DON'T

I think they were more talking about the traditional one worn in the early 90's, I have seen the Gucci ones they are slimmer and not as tacky looking. I saw a few people with the Gucci belt bag at Disney World last month.

I would probably only use them when traveling to protect my things. I don't really see a reason to use them otherwise.

I'd never wear a fanny-pack or the "belt-bag" (essentially the same thing with a new title and slightly changed look). No matter how you slice it, dice it or restyle it, it is still carrying your stuff around your middle, which is a bad idea in my world.

But I also know there are many people who are thinner, trendier and more fashionable than I, so I am not sure my vote matters much.

I've worn money belts under clothing for safety, and I've carried small cross-body bags to keep things secure. I have no need to draw attention to my middle or my hips.

I have that Gucci waist bag too, and I love it. I don't see why that would be catagorized as "uncool". I get a lot of compliments on it. I wear the pouches on the butt area instead of the front. It's less fannie-packish that way. But I think VH1 was more referring to those touristy looking fannie packs not something like the Gucci waist bag.

These lists are always way behind the times, IMO.

If you hear people laughing about a fashion item on TV, you can bet that it's on its way back into fashion (if it's not already back)! :rolleyes:

:yucky: I would much rather be "uncool" than have anthing strapped to my body that shows how large my waist, hips and thighs are. For me to wear a bum bag it would need flashing orange lights on the side and wide load stamped on the back.

ditto.

i feel like a heffer anyway, i don't need something around my waist carrying my stuff to remind me ;)

I didn't even know there were still some for sale! This reminds me of some friends in primary School! i don't think I have actually seen someone with a fanny pack for ages!
maybe we are not talking about the same thing though