Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Short Story:
I purchased Loewe puzzle bag on Vestiaire which the seller is based in Hong Kong. I received the bag and it is fake. Contacted Vestiaire, sent it back to NY office and pending for the re-check result.

Long Story:
I have sold couple items on Vestiaire and satisfied with their service and platform. Bought a Carolina Herrera bag from Vestiaire Spain, love the bag and the price I paid. Couple weeks ago, I purchased a Small Loewe Puzzle bag from Vestiaire Hong Kong. However, I have a doubt as the price is a little bit too good to be true ($1250) for a brand new Loewe with the current season color combo. Also, I am a bit concerned with the authenticity as I have read on the forum that counterfeit will slip through the quality check especially the ones from Hong Kong. It is an alert for me to double and triple check the authenticity. A day after I received the bag, I decided to buy one from Nordstrom to compare the bag. Of course, the bag turns out to be a fake. I have to say the workmanship is very good and the difference is minor. The leather quality and the bag overall is very good that passed my eye and hand test. If without side by side comparison, it is hard to tell it is a fake.

People on the forum stated that make sure you buy from the seller in Europe instead of Asia. Also make sure you know the bags you are buying that you can at least spot the fake. There is always a risk buying second hand bags online. I will continue to use Vestiaire to sell second hand luxury goods but will be mindful when it comes to buying.

Hope your bag turns out authentic and is what you are looking for.

I will also keep you all posted with the result of my case and hope I can get my refund.

I generally had all good experiences with Vestiaire until the last time I shopped with them 2 years ago. I purchased an item that had been sent to them by a trusted seller and it had been pre-authenticated and all they had to do was dispatch the item as they already received and checked it etc... (the item in question was an almost new Chanel bumbag) .... it was listed to include its dust bag and authenticity card. When it arrived it had the dustbag but no authenticity card. It took me a full week of numerous calls and emails (and one phone call where the VC employee called me a liar) that I managed to force an item return due to UK long distance selling regulations. After that I would never use them again. Also be careful because the duties for buying an item from Hong Kong can be expensive.

Reactions: De sac
Update to my story as I just received a refund from Vestiaire. They done the re-check and advised the bag is fake. They refund me the full amount including duties.

Short Story:
I purchased Loewe puzzle bag on Vestiaire which the seller is based in Hong Kong. I received the bag and it is fake. Contacted Vestiaire, sent it back to NY office and pending for the re-check result.

Long Story:
I have sold couple items on Vestiaire and satisfied with their service and platform. Bought a Carolina Herrera bag from Vestiaire Spain, love the bag and the price I paid. Couple weeks ago, I purchased a Small Loewe Puzzle bag from Vestiaire Hong Kong. However, I have a doubt as the price is a little bit too good to be true ($1250) for a brand new Loewe with the current season color combo. Also, I am a bit concerned with the authenticity as I have read on the forum that counterfeit will slip through the quality check especially the ones from Hong Kong. It is an alert for me to double and triple check the authenticity. A day after I received the bag, I decided to buy one from Nordstrom to compare the bag. Of course, the bag turns out to be a fake. I have to say the workmanship is very good and the difference is minor. The leather quality and the bag overall is very good that passed my eye and hand test. If without side by side comparison, it is hard to tell it is a fake.

People on the forum stated that make sure you buy from the seller in Europe instead of Asia. Also make sure you know the bags you are buying that you can at least spot the fake. There is always a risk buying second hand bags online. I will continue to use Vestiaire to sell second hand luxury goods but will be mindful when it comes to buying.

Hope your bag turns out authentic and is what you are looking for.

I will also keep you all posted with the result of my case and hope I can get my refund.

Hi! Does anyone know the Vestiare Collective QC Address in France? I placed an order that I believe is going from Germany to VC QC in France and then to me in the US.... but, it's lost. This is my 2nd attempt at an order in 7 months and both are a FAIL. If the seller did indeed use the label provided, shouldn't we have tracking info to see where it was last scanned? Neither seller nor VC has replied to me just to share that info or provide a tracking number or even to confirm that it is going from Germany to France.... I'm assuming that France is the nearest VC QC office to Germany. Any help regarding the QC address and whether shipping label includes tracking would be wonderful! ❤:hbeat:

My recent VC experience has been a mixed bag.

I noticed it depends on how the seller sends the item quickly and if its on time, they evaluate the product within reasonable time.

If its the other way around, I'd had to wait nearly a month. I tried direct shipping the first time since I knew the item was 110% authentic. Came in faster than VC does, but its such a double edged sword. Only would do it if I'm 110% confident that the item is genuine.

They seem to be ok at responding now, but their customer service needs improvement and also their status updates on items can be dubious at times - I ordered a bag that came in and then after seven days "apparently" the seller pulled out the bag. Another example is when I ordered a jacket, they took longer than expected to check it.

Overall from what I noticed is when it arrives in VC you're at the mercy of the process; who ever passes it through to depot until it reaches the checking point.

Reactions: Chrisenvouge88
Positive:
I bought a bag on the 9th December from a seller in Hong Kong. I was worried about shipping time and custom fees. VC say that they handle custom fees in advance but I wasn't convinced...
The seller shipped the bag one day later to the VC Hong Kong office and the bag arrived on the 16th on my doorstep.I was really impressed by that.

Negative: Direct shipping. I bought a well used but not in any way damaged vintage Aigner bag for 70$ from a German seller. VC stated that the seller is trustworthy and therefore is allowed to offer direct shipping. I thought about it because I'm in the same country as the seller. But luckily I decided against it.
VC contacted me after quality controll because the bag was heavily damaged and the strap was ripped off!
Of course I rejected the bag but what bothers me is that this seller is still marked as a trustworthy seller woh ca n offer direct shipping.

Wow, the stories are all over the spectrum.... Well VC cancelled my order and I should get a refund. But the seller is now missing the skirt she sold me. And I still want it! If it magically turns up in a few weeks can anyone tell me what will happen?? I have contacted both the seller and VC to see if they'll hold it for me to repurchase... aaaand no replies. Any advice? Predictions?:confused1:

Positive:
I bought a bag on the 9th December from a seller in Hong Kong. I was worried about shipping time and custom fees. VC say that they handle custom fees in advance but I wasn't convinced...
The seller shipped the bag one day later to the VC Hong Kong office and the bag arrived on the 16th on my doorstep.I was really impressed by that.

Negative: Direct shipping. I bought a well used but not in any way damaged vintage Aigner bag for 70$ from a German seller. VC stated that the seller is trustworthy and therefore is allowed to offer direct shipping. I thought about it because I'm in the same country as the seller. But luckily I decided against it.
VC contacted me after quality controll because the bag was heavily damaged and the strap was ripped off!
Of course I rejected the bag but what bothers me is that this seller is still marked as a trustworthy seller woh ca n offer direct shipping.
The seller will have a strike against her, though, and will now be only a step away from having the status of trusted or expert removed. 100% of the seller’s sales have to be authentic, and 80% have to match the stated condition (trusted) or 90% (expert). I think they give that little bit of leeway over condition because it can be slightly subjective. If you had gone for direct shipping, VC would still have protected you. You raise the issue within 72 hours of receipt and they send you a label to send the item to them for checking, and if it doesn’t match the condition stated, they offer you a discount or if that isn’t appropriate or acceptable they refund you. It could be that this was really untypical of this seller and she made a misjudgment about this one particular item, though it sounds bad. If she’s going to do this again, the next buyer will still be protected by VC even if he/she goes for direct shipping. They have to be careful how this is done because obviously there is also the potential for dishonest buyers to use an item for a party or something, spoil it, then raise an issue. VC will also be more inclined to doubt the seller’s side of the story next time as she didn’t do a good job this time. It works both ways with direct shipping and I was worried about selling that way at first, but having done a lot of it now, I’m reassured it works ok because VC does deal with any problems. I’ve only had one go vaguely wrong (not my fault) and it was dealt with straightforwardly enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisenvouge88
Thanks for sharing your experience with them, very helpful!! I'd still love to hear from a seller just to know if the shipping label provided by VC includes tracking numbers...:confused1:

Wow, the stories are all over the spectrum.... Well VC cancelled my order and I should get a refund. But the seller is now missing the skirt she sold me. And I still want it! If it magically turns up in a few weeks can anyone tell me what will happen?? I have contacted both the seller and VC to see if they'll hold it for me to repurchase... aaaand no replies. Any advice? Predictions?:confused1:

I can only speak definitely for selling from the UK but yes, the labels sellers use have tracking. They are either Royal Mail Parcel Force which then transfers to the French post office system when it reaches France, or DHL. Both are traceable by the seller. Sellers may not want to share the tracking number publicly with the buyer if they want to keep their general whereabouts private. VC can track it though. A buyer will get a basic level of order tracking in their VC account, and proper tracking from the point VC ships the order out to you. Tracking for buyers hasn’t always been great but it’s getting a bit better now. (Having said that, deliveries from Paris aren’t great at the moment but that’s because of French postal workers striking).

VC will have reimbursed the seller for the skirt if she actually shipped it, which they will be able to tell from the label tracking. She won’t have lost out, if it was lost in transit. It’s all insured and both buyer and seller will be reimbursed.

I’m afraid my prediction is that it’s pretty unlikely that they will hold the skirt for you if it ever turns up. I’m 99% certain that once they’ve cancelled the order, refunded you and reimbursed the buyer, as far as they are concerned, the case is closed. I think logistically it’s just such a tiny item amongst so many completely different items in such a big operation that it’s probably a step further than can realistically be managed in the way a retailer might with stock control. I think they will reply to you eventually to say they can’t undertake to hold the item. As regards the seller, if it turns up back with her, she ought to let VC know as she’ll have been reimbursed, but whether it goes back online for you to buy is just in her hands and even if it did it would be open to anyone to buy. Some sellers don’t communicate an awful lot, unfortunately. I think best you can hope for is that VC puts it up for sale on their own account if it ever turns up at the warehouse and you could look out for it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath, unfortunately. It’s probably just missing in action and that’s that. I’ve had the odd item I’ve sold go missing in transit over the years I’ve been selling with them, with the tracking simply stopping and never starting up again. It’s just one of those things, it’s disappointing but at least it’s insured and everyone gets reimbursed.

Last edited:
I can only speak definitely for selling from the UK but yes, the labels sellers use have tracking. They are either Royal Mail Parcel Force which then transfers to the French post office system when it reaches France, or DHL. Both are traceable by the seller. Sellers may not want to share the tracking number publicly with the buyer if they want to keep their general whereabouts private. VC can track it though. A buyer will get a basic level of order tracking in their VC account, and proper tracking from the point VC ships the order out to you. Tracking for buyers hasn’t always been great but it’s getting a bit better now. (Having said that, deliveries from Paris aren’t great at the moment but that’s because of French postal workers striking).

VC will have reimbursed the seller for the skirt if she actually shipped it, which they will be able to tell from the label tracking. She won’t have lost out, if it was lost in transit. It’s all insured and both buyer and seller will be reimbursed.

I’m afraid my prediction is that it’s pretty unlikely that they will hold the skirt for you if it ever turns up. I’m 99% certain that once they’ve cancelled the order, refunded you and reimbursed the buyer, as far as they are concerned, the case is closed. I think logistically it’s just such a tiny item amongst so many completely different items in such a big operation that it’s probably a step further than can realistically be managed in the way a retailer might with stock control. I think they will reply to you eventually to say they can’t undertake to hold the item. As regards the seller, if it turns up back with her, she ought to let VC know as she’ll have been reimbursed, but whether it goes back online for you to buy is just in her hands and even if it did it would be open to anyone to buy. Some sellers don’t communicate an awful lot, unfortunately. I think best you can hope for is that VC puts it up for sale on their own account if it ever turns up at the warehouse and you could look out for it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath, unfortunately. It’s probably just missing in action and that’s that. I’ve had the odd item I’ve sold go missing in transit over the years I’ve been selling with them, with the tracking simply stopping and never starting up again. It’s just one of those things, it’s disappointing but at least it’s insured and everyone gets reimbursed.

WOW THIS IS AN AMAZING REPLY. I can not say THANK YOU enough. You superbly answered my questions and covered the next possible steps. I'm glad to know the seller gets the value back to her as well! It makes sense to me now. I just wish I knew anything about where it may have ever been scanned. How far did it get? I don't mind waiting and hoping and stalking the site for another shot at this exact skirt. It will be the 3rd attempt (1st seller couldn't be found.) Hope it works out! Thanks again - extra good karma to you! :drinks::tup::hbeat::heart:

Reactions: Annie J
WOW THIS IS AN AMAZING REPLY. I can not say THANK YOU enough. You superbly answered my questions and covered the next possible steps. I'm glad to know the seller gets the value back to her as well! It makes sense to me now. I just wish I knew anything about where it may have ever been scanned. How far did it get? I don't mind waiting and hoping and stalking the site for another shot at this exact skirt. It will be the 3rd attempt (1st seller couldn't be found.) Hope it works out! Thanks again - extra good karma to you! :drinks::tup::hbeat::heart:
Glad if it’s helpful. I know how frustrating it is when something vanishes in transit! Sorry you didn’t get your skirt, but you never know, it might resurface. Good luck. Happy Christmas! :drinks:

Reactions: chicklety
Hi all, may I ask how a seller can set unavailable dates on Vestiaire? I'm going on holiday soon but I can't find where on the website I could select the dates where I won't be available to ship any sold items. Hope someone can help, thanks in advance!

They removed that option, I had to go to a family funeral and called them, was told that option is not available anymore, so had to cancel 2 buys as I couldn't send within the time frame

My recent VC experience has been a mixed bag.

I noticed it depends on how the seller sends the item quickly and if its on time, they evaluate the product within reasonable time.

If its the other way around, I'd had to wait nearly a month. I tried direct shipping the first time since I knew the item was 110% authentic. Came in faster than VC does, but its such a double edged sword. Only would do it if I'm 110% confident that the item is genuine.

They seem to be ok at responding now, but their customer service needs improvement and also their status updates on items can be dubious at times - I ordered a bag that came in and then after seven days "apparently" the seller pulled out the bag. Another example is when I ordered a jacket, they took longer than expected to check it.

Overall from what I noticed is when it arrives in VC you're at the mercy of the process; who ever passes it through to depot until it reaches the checking point.

Sometimes their quality check is really messed up, my neighbour had an issue where an item got lost inhouse, after it cleared QC, then was sent back to QC when found and they tried to get her to sell it really cheap, she refused as she was angry about the damage they caused (when the item was missing for weeks after it was received and checked, then sent back to check and there was I think a pull in the silk), it was the 2nd issue she had, the 1st one they also lost the item for a few weeks and then claimed measurements are half a centimeter off to justify the delay, also tried to get her to sell it for a ridiculous price. She has now closed the account

Last edited:
Reactions: Geert and Magsmags