Vestiaire Collective question

Ally3210

Sep 21, 2018
I finally found my bag on this site but the seller is from a Hong Kong and shows very few pictures. The site says it verifies before sending out. Is this site trustworthy? I’ve never bought from them. Poshmark has a similar bag in only a good condition considering as well. But also showing few pictures. They said they verify as well.
If Dior had not stopped selling this I would have rather purchased from the store.
Concerned and confused.
Thanks
Alli

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Lwy

Sep 20, 2015
London
I bought my pre-loved Balenciaga from Vestiaire. The seller had good photos and good feedbacks, dustbag and tags included, so I was pretty confident with the authenticity.

Regarding Vestiaire veritification process, they contacted me after payment because they said the measurements of the bag were incorrect on the website. They provided me with the correct measurement and confirmed if I still want the bag before despatch. This shows they check the bag against the description by the seller, but I can't really comment on the authenticity checks they do, as that wasn't brought up so I assume it was fine.

I am in the UK and Vestiaire is one of the big players in Europe. If I use US sites I may have to pay customs so I have never used them.

Reactions: julia.pa

julia.pa

Nov 15, 2017
You can always write a comment asking for more photos and the seller most likely will add a few more pictures!

I think every second hand company has a slight chance to sell fakes, they can always slip through no matter the company. I have bought from Vestiaire probably 10-15 times and never had a problem. Whenever I got my items, I got them double and triple authenticated afterwards here on TPF, as well as paid for authentication services and never had any item be questioned in authenticity. But like I said, items can always slip through.

You can also see if the Hongkong seller is a private or professional seller on Vestiaire, it says it a little further down on the items page. If it‘s a professional seller, you can return the item for free if you‘re not happy with it!

rockdiva

Jan 26, 2016
My answer is no, based on VC's behaviour and ordering anything from Hong Kong - in my opinion please avoid this.

I have made three purchases to date on VC and two products have arrived unacceptable. Before my most recent purchase I ordered a TopShop Unique dress which arrived with horrible alterations. VC refunded me for that.

Two weeks ago I ordered a Mulberry Alexa -- the listing was in Hong Kong. I am in the UK and delivery & customs was almost £100 of what I paid (£413 in total). The bag arrived without the long strap and there was some questionable green material around the plaque. I immediately sent it back and VC are now claiming the bag is as described and that they would not refund me. So I am complaining to PayPal to get my money back. I would never shop here again. I see now that the seller has made only two sales, joined in June 2019, and yet VC described them as a "trusted seller". Very questionable practices at work here.

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Sunshine state
Short Story:
I purchased Loewe puzzle bag on Vestiaire which the seller is based in Hong Kong. I received the bag and it is fake. Contacted Vestiaire, sent it back to NY office and pending for the re-check result.

Long Story:
I have sold couple items on Vestiaire and satisfied with their service and platform. Bought a Carolina Herrera bag from Vestiaire Spain, love the bag and the price I paid. Couple weeks ago, I purchased a Small Loewe Puzzle bag from Vestiaire Hong Kong. However, I have a doubt as the price is a little bit too good to be true ($1250) for a brand new Loewe with the current season color combo. Also, I am a bit concerned with the authenticity as I have read on the forum that counterfeit will slip through the quality check especially the ones from Hong Kong. It is an alert for me to double and triple check the authenticity. A day after I received the bag, I decided to buy one from Nordstrom to compare the bag. Of course, the bag turns out to be a fake. I have to say the workmanship is very good and the difference is minor. The leather quality and the bag overall is very good that passed my eye and hand test. If without side by side comparison, it is hard to tell it is a fake.

People on the forum stated that make sure you buy from the seller in Europe instead of Asia. Also make sure you know the bags you are buying that you can at least spot the fake. There is always a risk buying second hand bags online. I will continue to use Vestiaire to sell second hand luxury goods but will be mindful when it comes to buying.

Hope your bag turns out authentic and is what you are looking for.

I will also keep you all posted with the result of my case and hope I can get my refund.

Neillans

Sep 14, 2014
Scotland
I generally had all good experiences with Vestiaire until the last time I shopped with them 2 years ago. I purchased an item that had been sent to them by a trusted seller and it had been pre-authenticated and all they had to do was dispatch the item as they already received and checked it etc... (the item in question was an almost new Chanel bumbag) .... it was listed to include its dust bag and authenticity card. When it arrived it had the dustbag but no authenticity card. It took me a full week of numerous calls and emails (and one phone call where the VC employee called me a liar) that I managed to force an item return due to UK long distance selling regulations. After that I would never use them again. Also be careful because the duties for buying an item from Hong Kong can be expensive.

Reactions: De sac

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Sunshine state
Update to my story as I just received a refund from Vestiaire. They done the re-check and advised the bag is fake. They refund me the full amount including duties.

Short Story:
I purchased Loewe puzzle bag on Vestiaire which the seller is based in Hong Kong. I received the bag and it is fake. Contacted Vestiaire, sent it back to NY office and pending for the re-check result.

Long Story:
I have sold couple items on Vestiaire and satisfied with their service and platform. Bought a Carolina Herrera bag from Vestiaire Spain, love the bag and the price I paid. Couple weeks ago, I purchased a Small Loewe Puzzle bag from Vestiaire Hong Kong. However, I have a doubt as the price is a little bit too good to be true ($1250) for a brand new Loewe with the current season color combo. Also, I am a bit concerned with the authenticity as I have read on the forum that counterfeit will slip through the quality check especially the ones from Hong Kong. It is an alert for me to double and triple check the authenticity. A day after I received the bag, I decided to buy one from Nordstrom to compare the bag. Of course, the bag turns out to be a fake. I have to say the workmanship is very good and the difference is minor. The leather quality and the bag overall is very good that passed my eye and hand test. If without side by side comparison, it is hard to tell it is a fake.

People on the forum stated that make sure you buy from the seller in Europe instead of Asia. Also make sure you know the bags you are buying that you can at least spot the fake. There is always a risk buying second hand bags online. I will continue to use Vestiaire to sell second hand luxury goods but will be mindful when it comes to buying.

Hope your bag turns out authentic and is what you are looking for.

I will also keep you all posted with the result of my case and hope I can get my refund.

Tingeling

O.G.
May 18, 2010
Norway
I generally had all good experiences with Vestiaire until the last time I shopped with them 2 years ago. I purchased an item that had been sent to them by a trusted seller and it had been pre-authenticated and all they had to do was dispatch the item as they already received and checked it etc... (the item in question was an almost new Chanel bumbag) .... it was listed to include its dust bag and authenticity card. When it arrived it had the dustbag but no authenticity card. It took me a full week of numerous calls and emails (and one phone call where the VC employee called me a liar) that I managed to force an item return due to UK long distance selling regulations. After that I would never use them again. Also be careful because the duties for buying an item from Hong Kong can be expensive.
Sorry for answering such an old post, but I had to. VC scam buyers on custom taxes and duties!!!. Custom duties, tax/vat is a fixed rate in your own country, VC just claims that is depends on the country you buy from...who are they kidding. I had a long dispute with them about this and finally after involving my own country's custom office they refunded the extra money they stole from me. I can't believe they have the nerve to make a hidden profit from this. Are they really that stupid they don't understand that customers buying from non-EU countries are used to paying these taxes and are well aware of the rates to pay. They promised to take care of this but they still do it. I added a jacket to my cart today, and still they overcharge custom taxes with about 10%. What frauds!! Never again!

Reactions: lovieluvslux