Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience which I think is beyond all possible limits.
Please all do very careful with Vestiaire Collective as what is going on over there is absolutely not acceptable.

I have been writing here a lot that I had issues with my items being refused but typically I was able to resolve these after some hassling with customer support and making someone more senior to look at my items. They were all placed online after a few email exchanges and real people checking my items.

My understanding is that it is either AI or someone junior who is reviewing the items at the initial check. So my strategy was to make them "escalate to the expert team" in order for them to actually look at the items and see that they are authentic.

From my last upload, 6 items were refused as Vestiaire Collective "could not determine authenticity".
Fine, I am writing to the customer support, it is escalated to the "expert".

Here is the response of the CS and "expert":
Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 8.45.26 AM.png

Here is the hallmark for the item 16578120:
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 9.08.03 AM.png

I always doubt myself in case I missed out on something and who knows, maybe I overlooked something in some items but all items are common models which authenticity is so obvious to me.
The most bizarre issue here that these earrings above were just serviced by Chanel Singapore. Not just serviced, but I dropped them off and collected them personally and I paid for the servicing with my own card.
I have provided super clear photos of the earrings and photos of BOTH receipts: collection slip and receipt with payment of 65 SGD, my details, my signatures, item model number on it etc. Even this pic of the slip I took IN CHANEL ITSELF while collecting. Everything was provided.
service.jpg

I will share hallmarks for few other items just to show what I am talking about:
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 9.10.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 9.16.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 9.15.28 AM.png

The reason I am writing this all here is that there was an actual person from the "expert" team (not the customer support folk who can't even speak English) who actually looked at the items and concluded all of them are fake. Despite hallmarks, super clear photos and documents provided.

This clearly shows not even the level of expertise but its total and absolute absence, stupidity, zero knowledge of the brand and lack of skills to do some research. This is all despite the fact that the items are pretty basic, these are not some rare vintage unknown models - no, there is nothing really special about them.

Still, Vestiaire Collective is unable to recognise authentic pieces despite being provided with the sufficient information to do so.
I really wanted to make this public for everyone's awareness. Despite the fact that everyone knows that they do pass fakes but pointing their dirty stupid fingers at authentic items, calling them fakes and placing themselves ABOVE THE ORIGINAL BRAND in terms of expertise - this is not a viable business model.

With the absence of the brand knowledge, I believe they have no right to do any sort of authentication service if the skill literally does not exist. I will also be reaching out to Chanel representatives to raise concerns over Vestiaire Collective selling and "authenticating" Chanel products without any capabilities to do so.

Does anyone have tricks or tips of spotting fakes on Vestiaire Collective? I'm eyeing on some Celine stuff but all these experiences are making me question the authenticity.

To spot fakes, you have to have extensive experience with the particular brand and its goods, unless it's a really badly made fake. I really doubt someone can write you an extensive user manual here for some Celine stuff.

Does anyone have tricks or tips of spotting fakes on Vestiaire Collective? I'm eyeing on some Celine stuff but all these experiences are making me question the authenticity.
A corrupt business :bought 2 pair of shoes, paid their auth fees but got 2 wrong shoes. VC forced me to pay both return shipping costs, after returning the 2 shoes in one package, they claim only 1 pair was received then weeks of arguing VC asking for handwritten docs, auto respnses etc. they refuse to refund and said to deal with it through my bank. Dont trust the 5 star fake reviews.

I think VC is very hit and miss, I bought a Miu Miu t-shirt recently that I had seen years ago, I got it for about 88 euros on Vestiaire and it is basically new. It cost 3xx before, these type of purchases are fun but I know there are problems with VC.

Last edited:
I put some items for sale on VC. I took them down a couple of days later. The platform takes a rather big cut, so when I listed my items at about 50% off the price I paid, I would be left with pennies.

I only bought one item, it was a 3.1 Philip Lim bag. Since it's not a recognisable, high-end brand, I think it's less likely to be fake. I've heard some horror stories from VC customers. I will not be buying anything from the popular brands from there. I have no experience with designer brands, so I don't know what to look out for. And apparently there are tons of fakes for sale there.

I have literally zero traffic on my profile due to brexit:biggrin: its ridiculous how things changed. pre Brexit I was selling an item every 2 weeks, now months have passed and nada! :panic:

I also have low traffic and almost no sales. I used to ship like 3 times a week and receiving tons of offers, so it is not due to my geographical location. Also used to at least have my stuff liked a lot but right now it is very quiet with only occasional likes here and there despite me having more interesting things than I had before.

My thinking is just people no longer trust Vestiaire and no longer want to buy anything there.
Adding a comment about fakes: yes, there are tons of them there. I am watching a fake butterfly VCA necklace these days, whether anyone would buy it. It is so obviously fake but their "experts" performed "careful examination" and let it online. Duh.

Also Vestiaire seemed to implement some sort of emails begging you to drop the prices, offering discounts etc... Not a good sign. I am getting annoyed with these emails asking me to drop drop drop prices. Are they really desperate?

I also have low traffic and almost no sales. I used to ship like 3 times a week and receiving tons of offers, so it is not due to my geographical location. Also used to at least have my stuff liked a lot but right now it is very quiet with only occasional likes here and there despite me having more interesting things than I had before.

My thinking is just people no longer trust Vestiaire and no longer want to buy anything there.
Adding a comment about fakes: yes, there are tons of them there. I am watching a fake butterfly VCA necklace these days, whether anyone would buy it. It is so obviously fake but their "experts" performed "careful examination" and let it online. Duh.

Also Vestiaire seemed to implement some sort of emails begging you to drop the prices, offering discounts etc... Not a good sign. I am getting annoyed with these emails asking me to drop drop drop prices. Are they really desperate?
They are doing the same for the buyers, bombarding me with special offers, with sellers willing to go as low as X amount...
Anyways, unless I seek a vintage/old piece, or something that is not so popular either brand wise, or a few years old, I NEVER find any deal on VC.
The classic items I´m looking for are never an interesting deal and now I understand, if I buy second hand I expect to pay half price of the new, not just 50€ less. (unless it´s a rare piece).Being in a small country we dont have depop or vinted or others, and while I used to sell quite a lot on the local listings, I dont anymore so IDK whats going on. I put less than half price for a new pair of Chloé Woody slides and only got an offer at half...My other branded stuff I sell them at 1/10-1/5 of new price if online...(Ganni, Isabel Marant..).
When its IRL people are willing to spend a lot more, like I sell at 1/3.
I was looking for a Toteme blazer, it never comes online too popular. Toteme leggings, only saw some that were slightly discounted.
And yeah, living in the most highly taxed eu country I can´t shop outside EU, so sorry UK.... :sad: Taxes would equal price of item.

Reactions: Romar
I recently purchased an item on the Vestiaire Collective site. The item was being sold by Rebag. I have purchased directly from the Rebag site in the past, but on Vestiaire the item was the same price as on rebag.com with free shipping and Vestiaire had a $50 coupon.

Rebag is listed as a professional seller on the Vestiaire site, which means the item is supposedly returnable. I received it today and it was smaller than I expected so I'm attempting to return it. But when I went to my orders the return button is not showing up. I emailed Vestiaire but I haven't heard anything back yet. According to their terms items can be returned to professional sellers so I don't know why I don't have a return button. Does anybody have experience with them?

I wonder if VC is also using bot accounts to fake interest in our items. During the weekends I regularly get offers from profiles without avatars and 0 items sold/to sell. They make one offer and disappear.

I wonder if VC is also using bot accounts to fake interest in our items. During the weekends I regularly get offers from profiles without avatars and 0 items sold/to sell. They make one offer and disappear.

This is something i have been wondering about. It seems like my listings generate likes and are added to wish list of new accounts. I had three offers for a pair of shoes, but people kept offering 70% of the asking price.

This is my feeling as well. Just one lazy low ball offer and nothing else. Very small amount of likes.
I still remember the time when I used to get an SMS whenever I got a new offer. I even checked my phone's history out of curiosity and situation was very different.
I would think that people just buy less due to COVID but even in that case I think at least my stuff would have been liked a lot because everyone still loves to browse even if you can't afford it.
So still my best guess is that just no one trusts VC anymore and no one wants to buy off it.
I would have never bought anything from them that I can't authenticate myself.

Reactions: Saturday14
I have only purchased twice from VC and both times there were issues. First was a wrong colour, second a strap was missing. I did find customer service responsive. The first purchase issue was handled to my satisfaction and the second was not. However, they did offer me the option to return both items for a refund. Good luck!

Reactions: caannie