Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Helpful advice, thanks, that’s precisely why I have come here, was looking for information on the mechanics of returns as I am new to VC and my buyer via direct shipping is complaining that the shoes she bought are too small.

I haven’t had any problems on listing, but the quality control in France has been quite picky, for example sticky label removed from a shoe sole leaving a lighter patch means the quality is not unworn, rather good condition.

All in all, quite an intense experience: some aggressive DMs, ridiculous offers, poor exchange rates in VC’s favour (as much as 7%), a lot of purchases failing to complete, useless customer service etc. My opinion, if you have a realistic alternative, sell elsewhere. I have no experience as a buyer, I must curb the buying habit and don’t want to get sucked in!

I always photograph the bottom soles of shoes even when brand new, it'd help buyers and VC to ascertain what's what and keep everyone on the same page.

Re VC ridiculous exchange rate, you should recommend to buyers to change the currency on the app or website to match home currency of the sellers, ie if seller is US then the buyer's currency should be USD and let the banks or credit card companies convert the rate which is done without markup. I learned this trick during travel overseas and the waitstaff brings the swipe machine by the table, often times it asks if you want to pay in foreign currency or converted to home currency, I'd always pick foreign currency

Hi ladies,
Has anyone bought from or sold with Vestiaire Collective before? They have had lot of press coverage in the UK the last few months and just wondered if anyone had any experiences with them?
I believe Vestiaire was formerly Tradesy. My first and only experience with them was purchasing a YSL Kate bag in Medium and right away I knew it was a fake. At the time, they made me send a bunch of pictures and mail it to the nearest facility (luckily there was one in LA) and the day they "checked" it, they issued me a refund. Now I'm battling the same issue with a Chanel purchase from another site and like you, thought the chain felt off and extremely lightweight. I'm not even sure the rest of the bag is real. It has a date code that and card but I also can't find a lot of information on this particular bag from 2014.

My first and last Vestiaire purchase. Had a site credit from a Tradesy purchase, purchased a Louis Vuitton bag on 12/14 from Vestiaire . Rebag was seller, figured it was safe as far as authenticity. Well chat feature doesn’t work with Rebag, chat feature with Vestiaire isn’t working. Bag still says processing? Had hoped to get it for Christmas! Originally when I purchased bag was 2555.00
Now today bag lists at 2465.00. That is the listing I purchased from that says sold. Price hasn’t changed as far as what I paid, of course it’s never been shipped either. Rebag states they ship in one to two business days on Vestiaire.
Of course that didn’t happen. No weekend shipping and who knows what Monday will bring? After reading all the terrible reviews, will I get the bag or a bigger runaround

My first and last Vestiaire purchase. Had a site credit from a Tradesy purchase, purchased a Louis Vuitton bag on 12/14 from Vestiaire . Rebag was seller, figured it was safe as far as authenticity. Well chat feature doesn’t work with Rebag, chat feature with Vestiaire isn’t working. Bag still says processing? Had hoped to get it for Christmas! Originally when I purchased bag was 2555.00
Now today bag lists at 2465.00. That is the listing I purchased from that says sold. Price hasn’t changed as far as what I paid, of course it’s never been shipped either. Rebag states they ship in one to two business days on Vestiaire.
Of course that didn’t happen. No weekend shipping and who knows what Monday will bring? After reading all the terrible reviews, will I get the bag or a bigger runar
Guess the bigger runaround! Purchased ion 12/14, now they’ve changed purchase date to 12/17 and they have until Christmas Eve to ship. Now I know if I ever get the bag that Vestiaire will never see the likes of me again and that goes for Rebag, too! And the icing on the cake is customer service, the lack there of! Vestiaire seems to be a giant cluster f……..

Last edited:
Guess the bigger runaround! Purchased ion 12/14, now they’ve changed purchase date to 12/17 and they have until Christmas Eve to ship. Now I know if I ever get the bag that Vestiaire will never see the likes of me again and that goes for Rebag, too! And the icing on the cake is customer service, the lack there of! Vestiaire seems to be a giant cluster f……..
I’ve given up on Rebag ever shipping my bag! Now I have to wait for a refund and then go through this nonsense again because I have a Tradesy site credit I don’t plan on losing! There is no way to contact Rebag on Vestiaire, so I get no satisfaction. I purchased my montsouris from Tradesy and Rebag was seller, that was an easy purchase! So I thought I trusted Rebag! Hah! There will be no LVunder my tree thanks to them!

I’ve given up on Rebag ever shipping my bag! Now I have to wait for a refund and then go through this nonsense again because I have a Tradesy site credit I don’t plan on losing! There is no way to contact Rebag on Vestiaire, so I get no satisfaction. I purchased my montsouris from Tradesy and Rebag was seller, that was an easy purchase! So I thought I trusted Rebag! Hah! There will be no LVunder my tree thanks to them!
I'm sorry for your experience. I have experience both buying and selling on VC but only from private sellers. I would like you should expect more from a professional seller like Rebag!

Reactions: muggles
I'm sorry for your experience. I have experience both buying and selling on VC but only from private sellers. I would like you should expect more from a professional seller like Rebag!
Yes! I bought from Rebag because I trusted them! Trusted they’d ship right away and that I’d have no problem. At this point I think they may have sold my supposed bag and if they let the time run out Vestiaire would just refund me.
At this point they have ruined my holiday!

Yes! I bought from Rebag because I trusted them! Trusted they’d ship right away and that I’d have no problem. At this point I think they may have sold my supposed bag and if they let the time run out Vestiaire would just refund me.
At this point they have ruined my holiday!
I’m so sorry to hear that…I’m watching a diamond ring which I’d planned to buy on Vestiaire , I’ve expressed an interest to the seller, but I didn’t realise that there were fakes around(it’s a signed piece, the value partly being in that)- I hope your holiday picks up xx

I’m so sorry to hear that…I’m watching a diamond ring which I’d planned to buy on Vestiaire , I’ve expressed an interest to the seller, but I didn’t realise that there were fakes around(it’s a signed piece, the value partly being in that)- I hope your holiday picks up xx
Thank you! I’d beware of Vestiaire shopping! I thought Rebag would be the safe way to go. I have a feeling that they indeed don’t have my bag available anymore and are just running out the clock! And to have no way to talk with them, no chat feature, no email well it sucks! It’s been a week and it hasn’t shipped, just says in progress! Hah hah hah! Bah humbug! Merry Christmas to you!

Thank you! I’d beware of Vestiaire shopping! I thought Rebag would be the safe way to go. I have a feeling that they indeed don’t have my bag available anymore and are just running out the clock! And to have no way to talk with them, no chat feature, no email well it sucks! It’s been a week and it hasn’t shipped, just says in progress! Hah hah hah! Bah humbug! Merry Christmas to you!
Merry Christmas to you and your Family

I’ll definitely be more than overly cautious now…thank you so much!xx

Reactions: PikaboICU

I'm so sorry this happened.. What a Christmas bummer.. :sad:
Have you tried contacting them through their site? There's an email & a phone number listed on the "contact us" page.
I mean, they may not be able to help but it couldn't hurt..

ETA: I mean Rebag's site.. Upon rereading that, it didn't seem clear. LOL:blush:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happened.. What a Christmas bummer.. :sad:
Have you tried contacting them through their site? There's an email & a phone number listed on the "contact us" page.
I mean, they may not be able to help but it couldn't hurt..

ETA: I mean Rebag's site.. Upon rereading that, it didn't seem clear. LOL:blush:
Glorious day, got an email from Fed Ex ,package going to be delivered on Friday!
But, if you look on Vestiaire site it still says in progress. The reference number was the only way I could figure it out! Merry Christmas everyone

My first and LAST Vestaire purchase:

I bought a Tods bag that had been non-professionally altered. The seller didn’t show it in the pictures or disclose it in the description. Somehow It went through their “authentication” without raising a flag. It was so poorly done that I don’t know how they could have missed it!

After aggressively demanding that they allow me to return it, they finally conceded and sent me a return label. I just got an email today stating that they’re not going to issue a refund, but list it on my account and sell it minus their commission! OMG I am livid! I just opened up PayPal dispute against them. If that doesn’t work, then I’ll go through my credit card company.

My first and LAST Vestaire purchase:

I bought a Tods bag that had been non-professionally altered. The seller didn’t show it in the pictures or disclose it in the description. Somehow It went through their “authentication” without raising a flag. It was so poorly done that I don’t know how they could have missed it!

After aggressively demanding that they allow me to return it, they finally conceded and sent me a return label. I just got an email today stating that they’re not going to issue a refund, but list it on my account and sell it minus their commission! OMG I am livid! I just opened up PayPal dispute against them. If that doesn’t work, then I’ll go through my credit card company.
Omg you’re scaring me!
I really want the ring I’m saving for-it’s a Lot of money..maybe I should shop elsewhere …

That’s Horrendous !
I’d be livid too..atm I’m trying to get a refund from Cult Beauty which has gone on for weeks-my heart goes out to you ❤️❤️