Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Yes, I have owned a city and sold it about 7 years ago for $400 ish, it was in used condition but did not have any worn through holes, no stains, it also included with its mirror.

Currently city bag older than 2017, with mirror in good used condition which means no holes / worn through edges etc, listed and sold by some consignments for about $600ish. if has holes etc sold under $400ish or still listed and unsold.

I recently bought and sold a very good used condition Le Cagole S to a consignment for buyout, I currently owns a new condition Le Cagole XS.

There's a BIG difference in bags from 2017 and bags from 2005
I wouldn't try and guess the resale value of vintage Chanel or Louis Vuitton or try and tell someone who knows their history how much vintage bags are worth. You clearly don't know everything there is to know about Balenciaga bags that predate 2007
With all due respect, the bags you mentioned, aren't even in the same league as a bag from 2005. And they are worth more because they're getting harder and harder to find

I'd love to know where to find a Balenciaga bag from 2005 or earlier with worn corners for $400ish -- if you see them, I'm sure there are lots of users in the Balenciaga forum who would love to know about them! :tup:

Reactions: discreetlux
There's a BIG difference in bags from 2017 and bags from 2005
I wouldn't try and guess the resale value of vintage Chanel or Louis Vuitton or try and tell someone who knows their history how much vintage bags are worth. You clearly don't know everything there is to know about Balenciaga bags that predate 2007
With all due respect, the bags you mentioned, aren't even in the same league as a bag from 2005. And they are worth more because they're getting harder and harder to find

I'd love to know where to find a Balenciaga bag from 2005 or earlier with worn corners for $400ish -- if you see them, I'm sure there are lots of users in the Balenciaga forum who would love to know about them! :tup:
Got it. Frankly, I wouldn't even pay $500 now for a city older than 2017 even if it is brand new, with mirror and with dust bag. and you are extremely lucky in the market there are still people willing to pay hundreds dollars for a well used City bag.

The easy way to estimate how much value of the bag is, is by summit it to resellers and see if they will take your bag.

Got it. Frankly, I wouldn't even pay $500 now for a city older than 2017 even if it is brand new, with mirror and with dust bag. and you are extremely lucky in the market there are still people willing to pay hundreds dollars for a well used City bag.

The easy way to estimate how much value of the bag is, is by summit it to resellers and see if they will take your bag.
seriously -- if you ever come across older Balenciaga, say 2006 or earlier, and its priced around $400 -- no matter what you think of its condition, come share it in the Balenciaga Finds thread! Lots of users/collectors looking for specific colors/seasons/leather that would probably be excited to learn about them ;) :flowers:

seriously -- if you ever come across older Balenciaga, say 2006 or earlier, and its priced around $400 -- no matter what you think of its condition, come share it in the Balenciaga Finds thread! Lots of users/collectors looking for specific colors/seasons/leather that would probably be excited to learn about them ;) :flowers:

Yes please! I recently fell in love with vintage Balenciaga, the leather is just heavenly. I’m surprised FP is rejecting Bal, a personal shopper told me a few weeks ago it’s one of their top sellers.

• Wow
Reactions: iluvmybags
To be fair on that screenshot they state they are not accepting that specific style, not the brand.
True, oversight on my end. That color and style though is extremely popular/hard to find. I’ve noticed several chèvre city bags in less popular colors sell pretty quickly on their site. There have also been quite a few returns, maybe that is factoring into their decision.

To be fair on that screenshot they state they are not accepting that specific style, not the brand.

True, oversight on my end. That color and style though is extremely popular/hard to find. I’ve noticed several chèvre city bags in less popular colors sell pretty quickly on their site. There have also been quite a few returns, maybe that is factoring into their decision.
The Balenciaga City is like a Chanel Flap or LV Speedy. Its one of their most recognizable styles. Regular HW/Chevre is an indication of the season. I know others have had other variations (more recent) of the City rejected for the same reason they gave me. Its very strange. I do think that there has been a flood of overpriced Balenciaga bags, and I could see them rejecting certain colors, styles and/or bags with obvious signs of wear/damage, but the one I submitted was NWT. It did surprise me that they rejected it for that reason.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, I once paid as VC said they would refund me, apparently UPS couldn't find the address apparently not valid, a quick google search showed the address was valid, VC did not refund me, they just closed the chat. N, so when it happened again, I returned the invoice to UPS, with a clear mention that I used the label their contractual partner issued, that their contract is with Vestiaire and not with me, I had no choice but using the label their contractual partner issued, therefore I am not under any obligation to pay, if they disagree they can send me a copy of my contract with them, if they don't do this but keep on billing me, I consider it fraudulent and will treat it like that.

UPS knows you don't have a contract with them, they are just trying it on, as apparently in their contract with Vestiaire (like in most of their other business contracts) returns are included.
Just wanted to post an update I contacted ups as advised and explained the situation. They logged it to reverse the charge to the shipper and basically there is no longer any invoice I need to pay them. Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. While I was waiting for the outcome I saw a few reviews and the same thing had happened to other sellers. VC responded to the reviews to say sorry in this case they won’t pay for the shipping back to the seller. So I am very glad I didn’t just pay it as I think there is no way I would have been refunded by VC.

Reactions: onlyk
Who is running VC? VC is offering a 10% for first time purchases via their App. I downloaded the app added the picotin to my basket and went to check out then entered the code for the discount. The discount was only worth $50 not 10%, they also added some ridiculous 10% buyer fee. Does VC they think they are an auction house? I chose not to complete the purchase and deleted the app.

Who is running VC? VC is offering a 10% for first time purchases via their App. I downloaded the app added the picotin to my basket and went to check out then entered the code for the discount. The discount was only worth $50 not 10%, they also added some ridiculous 10% buyer fee. Does VC they think they are an auction house? I chose not to complete the purchase and deleted the app.
It’s never “10% of the whole price no matter the price” unfortunately. If you click on that offer you will see that max. discount is $50.

Hi,
Has anyone received a DPD shipping label from VC? It was always DHL or UPS previously FedEx years and years ago but I had a sale today and the label is for DPD. There was no info with it, it’s direct shipping and it didn’t even have the usual page to put in the package for the buyer. I’m guessing it’s not going to be a collection label but need to check with DPD during opening hours. Just wondering if anyone has had the same and are VC changing their courier company’s?

I feel like I'm losing my mind after making my first purchase on Vestiaire Collective. This has never happened to me before in my almost 30 years of shopping online! I found a bag to buy and then, cherry on top, saw the 10% off code (mentioned by others above). Okay, I try to apply it and see it's in-app only. Go and download the app, apply the code, see that it's not actually 10% off because the maximum discount is $50 (also mentioned by others above). Okay, fine, $50 off works for me. I apply the code and check out with the $50 off and a much nicer total amount, thinking the transaction is complete.

I go to check my confirmation email and the discount doesn't show up and the total is the full amount. I go back to the order on the app and see the discount didn't show on there either. I check my credit card account and I'm also being charged the full amount, sans discount. I go back to the app, refresh, etc. and there's no sign of the code I just used!

I immediately reach out to customer service and after some back and forth getting to the meat of the matter, they're still not getting it and showing me screenshots of the order (with some nice highlighting of the "$0" discount) saying the code wasn't applied. Yes, thank you, that's why I contacted you in the first place!

Instead of saying, okay let's adjust the amount with the $50 off as a new customer and we can see you made the purchase in-app, they're repeatedly insisting there was no error on their part and there will be a new code "in a few days". Why on earth would I accept this and then come back to you and buy anything else from you? I've never seen this kind of customer service when dealing with "luxury" goods.

I now feel like I have to take screenshots of every order confirmation page for "evidence". Actually maybe heed this as a warning to future shoppers—you will agree to pay one amount, then get charged a different amount, then get told that's on you.

Has anyone experienced payment problems on VC? I tried to buy a bag on there and every time I was being redirected from PayPal back to them I got an error message telling me to use a different payment method. I tried on the app and the website and got the same error. I know it's definitely not an issue with PayPal or my bank/card.

So far VC's response has been pretty poor. Ranging from 'we don't know we'll get back to you' to 'dont worry no payment was taken'. Like, I know? That's the problem!

Has anyone experienced payment problems on VC? I tried to buy a bag on there and every time I was being redirected from PayPal back to them I got an error message telling me to use a different payment method. I tried on the app and the website and got the same error. I know it's definitely not an issue with PayPal or my bank/card.

So far VC's response has been pretty poor. Ranging from 'we don't know we'll get back to you' to 'dont worry no payment was taken'. Like, I know? That's the problem!
What credit card does your PayPal connected with?