Vestiaire Collective experiences?

Trust me, they do not want to be on the wrong side of Anna W, and CondeNast (like most other publications) is struggling and laying off people, I assume they invested in VC as most print and online media are in crisis, so they need to make sure the shares don't drop too much.

You could use your example, I am more than happy to send you all details of mine, I documented everything, I am pretty sure you will find at least 10 more people, because I expect they will try the "Very rare and unfortunate incident" when it actually isn't, so the more cases you have, the more it shows that it wasn't just one slip, but that they seriously neglect duty of care and that long term this will cause massive reputational damage.

So far? You had 2 sales and 2 problems, another lady sent original Hermes sandals with receipt and they claimed they are fake, then there is the lady who got a Hermes bag that has tears that were not pictured or mentioned, that they have contradicting item conditions on their site (highly misleading), the risk with direct shipping, glitches in the software.... (I once tried to contact them and was in an account that was not mine, showed me "which item do you need help with" I didn't recognize a single one, all brands I don't really have - security anybody?)

I mean they do thousands of transactions daily, naturally not all go smoothly, but the way they handle them... As I said, I had some very good experiences on Vestiaire, but that was due to the buyers and sellers being superb people, it had nothing to do with Vestiaire. Whenever I needed their help, they were not interested even if they caused the issue (customs, they claimed import duty from me but didn't pay customs so I had to pay again....)
A reputable company should have customer care and service in place!

In my experience, and I’ve put it on here before plus recently ignored it like an idiot, if you do Direct Shipping you are on your own. I’ve seen oh…..you did Direct shipping 😬…awkward a few times when I raised an issue. I reminded them that their website states there is a digital examination before listing (yea right 🙄). I got into a huge kerfuffle with them once pushing them to admit direct shipping is no better than EBay or Vinted, and their subsequent invoice isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Like someone above said I’ve had good and bad experiences but I would never buy a brand I was not familiar with. Basically I don’t trust the continuity of their authentication services. It’s too hit and miss. Ps, did you get your customs money back? You can but you have to go to HMRC direct. VC didn’t help me once. 💐

I purchased an designer jewelry watch and was wondering if it was about to be automatically cancelled, since it had been awhile since I purchased and it had not been shipped. To my surprise, the shipping window is now 2 weeks before they allow cancellation!

Thanks so much, this is good to know! I did see some other reports on purseforum about people not receiving their refunds even after sending in the items. Have you ever tried it before and you got your money back?
I’m having this issue. I am trying to sell a like new LV Zoe wallet that I purchase from the boutique and even included a photo of the receipt when I uploaded and they still said it wasn’t authentic. I was baffled. The receipt with the item listed on is literally right there. Not sure what else I can do…doesn’t get any more authentic than that Lol

I purchased a designer jewelry watch and was wondering if it was about to be automatically cancelled, since it had been awhile since I purchased and it had not been shipped. To my surprise, the shipping window is now 2 weeks before they allow cancellation!
That’s what I found in their FAQ. It’s still one week in most cases. But this ‘rare case’ paragraph is definitely a recent addition.
IMG_4311.jpeg

Reactions: nicole0612
I’m having this issue. I am trying to sell a like new LV Zoe wallet that I purchase from the boutique and even included a photo of the receipt when I uploaded and they still said it wasn’t authentic. I was baffled. The receipt with the item listed on is literally right there. Not sure what else I can do…doesn’t get any more authentic than that Lol
I had the same experience. I sell used shoes and everything was included, from box to dust bag and receipt. My guess is that maybe some people provide fake receipt or even a real receipt, but swap items at the time of selling them. I would appreciate if VC could allow sellers to ship their items to their warehouse for physical examination, but it is currently not the case. So I instead use Fashionphile to sell some of my items and I have been having great experiences. They authenticate items professionally.

I had the same experience. I sell used shoes and everything was included, from box to dust bag and receipt. My guess is that maybe some people provide fake receipt or even a real receipt, but swap items at the time of selling them. I would appreciate if VC could allow sellers to ship their items to their warehouse for physical examination, but it is currently not the case. So I instead use Fashionphile to sell some of my items and I have been having great experiences. They authenticate items professionally.
I’ve also had great experiences with FASHIONPHILE. I was hoping to take more of the profit with VC but not with the hassle.

I’ve also had great experiences with FASHIONPHILE. I was hoping to take more of the profit with VC but not with the hassle.
They are definitely bringing lots of hassles. I found their authentication team pretty problematic. Although they do spot some of the items correctly, but definitely not all of the items. I do not know why they just couldn't do their job properly. Plus, their website and app are among the worst ones I have ever used. I felt like I was living in the early 2000s when I used their app.

Reactions: Monaliceke