Very upset

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
Ok, I know it the grand scheme of jewelry this is a very dumb thing to dwell on but I could just kick myself. And then kick myself again! The other week RueLaLa had the Kenneth Jay Lane Angelina Jolie green drop earrings, like Kyle from RHBH wears, on special for like $36. Of course they sold right out but I put them on second chance, or whatever they call it, and they came in today!! The only problem is stupid me instead of checking green checked clear. I thought I would never get them so it didn't really matter and I'm blonde and felt green was kinda a brunette thing, but no I goggled them and there's Kelly Ripa wearing them in green. Ugh. Well, I guess I should just be happy I got any for that cheap of a price, but why didn't I just check green? Do you even think they'll look as good in clear? I know this is dumb but all I can think about right now is the stupid green ones! Please tell me the clear are cool too. Of course today I also put together a wish list at the jewelry store and put the Ippolita clear quartz lollipop earrings on it. Ugh, very similar, but not. Should I take them off now? I can't return the others. This is stupid to obsess over for $36 I know.

Well if I were you I would watch Ruelala for their Final Sales (like the Sunday Night Sale). They often have left over merchandise from earlier boutiques which they sell via final sale for an even cheaper price! I've missed some items the first time around that have then come up again (via cancelled orders or miscalculated stock numbers).

Don't be upset Jujuma, wait until you get them. You never know you might end up liking them, Besides a clear set would look great on everything you wear and very easy to match. If you still favor the green target it on sale just like acrowcounted said.

I bought them cuz of price, then did research when they said they came in and saw how in demand the green ones were and of course we want what we can't have. Thanks to all your kind comments I'm starting to feel better about the clear. And $150 for $36, can't complain too much. If it wasn't Christmas (green) I'd probably care less too, they'd look great with an all black outfit, don't really wear green. Oh well, not paying $150 for something that I didn't want till they were $36!

OMG I got them in the mail today and can't believe how huge they are! Totally unwearable for me. These are the actual KJL one's that they call the Angelina but they are ginormous! I wear a lot of jewelry and some big pieces, but I could never wear these, even for fun. Good thing I didn't like them cuz one of the stones had come out in shipping. Bad experience, wasn't meant to be.

I'm sorry the earrings didn't work out. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but good thing you can return for a refund/credit. I can't believe one of the stones fell out during shipping!!! I got a necklace from RueLaLa on Tuesday and I think they could package their items a little better!

kohl_mascara said:
I'm sorry the earrings didn't work out. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but good thing you can return for a refund/credit. I can't believe one of the stones fell out during shipping!!! I got a necklace from RueLaLa on Tuesday and I think they could package their items a little better!

I agree. It was a pouch in a box with one plastic half inflated thing. Glad I didn't love them, they didn't stand a chance of making it in one piece!

Oh, no. I am so sorry the earrings didn't work out, but I suppose it is some comfort to know that regardless of colour they would have been too big for you to love. And I really hate it when items break during shipping! Sometimes not only do retailers not package things well enough, but I wonder about the abuse packages sustain during the delivery process, too! Who is smashing and stomping on those boxes?

I got them in blue and returned them as well because they were just tooooo big. I don't know where I could actually where them. Also, I wasn't impressed by the color of the blue ones. They were much lighter than pictured which made them look cheap IMO.

kimmo416 said:
I got them in blue and returned them as well because they were just tooooo big. I don't know where I could actually where them. Also, I wasn't impressed by the color of the blue ones. They were much lighter than pictured which made them look cheap IMO.

I know I can't believe people rave over these earrings. I would never wear them, I don't know where you could, without your ears falling off!