Very upset with the quality of my Gucci tote

Arachne911

O.G.
Jul 12, 2009
Now I will start buy saying I got it at the outlet for about 400 including tax. So I know it was a deal but I have carried it maybe 10 days total. I switch out my bags alot so I carry them depending on what I wear. It is my first Gucci too. The corners are already so worn. It is the tattoo tote the coated canvas. The corners look white ish like they are pealing and I dont even set my bags on the ground....usually not even in my own home. I have not abused it or tossed it around in any way. Can this be fixed? I am so disappointed I was saving for a sukey but now I might just save for another LV. I dont know much about Gucci but I would thing there should be someone I could contact. Also I know I got a great deal on the bag but my coach hold up far better. I mean I have only carried this a hand ful of times. I think I bought it in July...might have been end of june.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
You got a bad bag, it happens with any Label. Why don't try and exchange it or take it to Gucci for repair.

I personally would exchange it because those issues will not go away. I would not give up on Gucci for just one bad bag, they are so lovely, give it one more shot.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Although I'm sure you have carried it only 10 times the store will look at the date when you purchased it. If you bought it recently or even a few months ago it should still be accepted as a 'new' bag.

Take it back to the store; just because you bought it at outlet price it should not affect your staturary rights. I don't know whether it's Gucci customer service or the outlet that will eventually make a decision on the bag.

Others please chip in here with US law and outlet policy

As for quality issues the only makes I've had problems with were LV and Billy Bag - but it's impossible to judge a brand on the experience of one bag.

Anyway try to be pro-active and see where it leads - and good luck.

Arachne911

O.G.
Jul 12, 2009
Also in my first post I didnt know when I purchaced it. The date was july 22. I recieved it about a week after that.

Editing to update

Ok so I called the outlet and they gave me a customer service number. Ofcourse cause they cant do exchanges. I called cs and they said it would have to be evaluated and that would take up to 10 days after they recieve it. They also said to send it with tracking and if they chose to repair it she doesnt know how long it will take. Sounds like a lot of work :sad: She also said because it was a outlet item it wont be exchanged even if they consider it defective it will just be repaired. That is frustarting. I love the bag and really hate sending it off. I am also afraid they will damage it more during inspection and not fix it or something. :cry: I wish there was a gucci store in this state:sad:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2007
Do you have any pics of the damage? It seems strange that the coating would be coming off so soon. Perhaps we could help see what happened there with pics? Sorry about your bag, that really stinks, and I hope they take care of it for you!

krazy4bags

Oct 18, 2007
I'm sorry about what happened, it really is a hassle whenever something like this happens. I would say you most likely got a defected bag, which I believe it happens with every brand, every designer. I have the exact same bag as you and when I got it back in June, I wore it for about a month straight (daily) and the bag still looks like it's brand new right now...the colors on the corners didn't get rubbed off or anything. So don't get the wrong idea that Gucci has bad quality. Many of us owe quite a few Gucci and many of us never had any problems and all our bags are still in great condition. :smile:

I really hope they can fix the bag for you, good luck!

Arachne911

O.G.
Jul 12, 2009
Do you have any pics of the damage? It seems strange that the coating would be coming off so soon. Perhaps we could help see what happened there with pics? Sorry about your bag, that really stinks, and I hope they take care of it for you!

I took pics but I cant get my camera to sync right with this computer. I will wait till my hubby gets home and maybe he can figure it out. I havent mailed it off yet because I have to buy packing stuff and go some where to get the reciept copied. What a pain. It is only two of the corners on different sides of the bag...I am sure they will fix them then it will happen to the other two. When I recieved the bag it had something on the handles like someone spilled something on it but I just took a damp rag and wiped it off. I wish now I would have called up the outlet and rasied he77...oh well. Thanks for all the help. Ive had such bad luck lately that I wouldnt be supised to recieve it back in worse shape. Has anyone had a repair...how long did it take?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I took pics but I cant get my camera to sync right with this computer. I will wait till my hubby gets home and maybe he can figure it out. I havent mailed it off yet because I have to buy packing stuff and go some where to get the reciept copied. What a pain. It is only two of the corners on different sides of the bag...I am sure they will fix them then it will happen to the other two. When I recieved the bag it had something on the handles like someone spilled something on it but I just took a damp rag and wiped it off. I wish now I would have called up the outlet and rasied he77...oh well. Thanks for all the help. Ive had such bad luck lately that I wouldnt be supised to recieve it back in worse shape. Has anyone had a repair...how long did it take?

Repairs for certain things have been done on the spot whereas a vintage belt took 3 months so I think it depends how many divisions need to look at it before it even reaches the point of repair.

Sorry I can't be any more specific

krazy4bags

Oct 18, 2007
Due to the outlet having different return/exchanage policy, it's hard to say how long it would take. I know that at the regular boutique it's pretty fast if the damage isn't too bad. When I got my abbey hawaii exclusive the snap botton on the strap came off on the 2nd day I was using it! So I sent it back right away and they told me it was defected so they sent me a brand new one, and all that only took about 2 weeks (from shipping there, they ship it to repair then ship a new one to me). But unfortunately the outlet won't even do exchanges, so I would say it's a safe bet to say it would take at least 3 weeks or so for them to figure it out.

Keep us updated on what's going on! Good luck!