VERY upset by the accusation of some ebayer that my item is not authentic :(

Is this person replying to you in caps? Because its really irritating. :s

Second.. Gustto isn't like a high end designer bag where the retail is 1200+ so there would be imperfections and somethign different especially at a sample sale!! so I don't get why she finds this bag to be a fake because itw as made in Mexico. I have a gustto bag myself, the gustto baca in white.. I wish I was home to back you up 100%. Also the quality of the leather would be a great factor in deteremining whether a baga is fake or authentic and she wouldn't be able to know since she doesn't even have the bag herself!!

I would be so fustrated!! I am sorry you have to deal with this! Perhaps you should email them again and see i f you get another response from a different gustto rep and see what they say? Then you can have emails from different reps that tell you the same thing just incase she reports it to ebay or something of that sort...

I would just let it go at this point. You know the bag is real and have the email to back you up. She thinks she has a good authority in her sister that leads her to believe it's fake, and I honestly think (based on the tone of the second email) that she's trying to be helpful. I don't think you're going to be able to convince her. There's no reason to reply and continue going back and forth with her.

If you absolutely must reply because it's just eating at you, I would keep it very short and to the point: Thanks for your efforts to help; I would never sell a fake. As you can see on the Gustto site, the color is in fact now in production. This was an early sample, hence some of the differences. The bag was direct from Gustto, as I have been assured per the email from the rep. I am confident that it is authentic as described.

<<<end of story>>> No need to talk about her sister, or knowing the merchandise, or any of that. You know what you know, and that's all you need. But again, I would really just let it go unless you just can't stand it.

thanks everyone for the support i am just going to ignore her at this point
:sad: it makes me really sad just to have someone message me like that, in all caps who has nothing to do with the auction, not a bidder or anything

i would very much like to block her, how would i go about going that? i havent ever had to block someone before :sad:

thanks everyone again

some people dont get that sample sales include SAMPLES non perfect, not for retail items ugh!

moi et mes sacs, I think you've misunderstood. SLL is merely stating that the person causing our dear Bessie problems isn't a buyer or a bidder, just someone trying to allude that OP's bag is a fake.

Bessie, I say block the woman, she's a pest and doesn't have her facts straight. Imagine what she would be like if she bought your Gustto and then was unhappy with it?

I hope you didnt mean me SLL, I am not saying anyones bag is fake, or have i misunderstood you?:wondering
Thanks minimouse, I knew I had the wrong end of the stick....sorry SLL.
Yes the lady making such accusations is attempting to say the item is fake, for goodness sake if she is any doubt, dont bid and leave the seller alone. She needs to be blocked. Its horrible to say that about someones item. I usually just ask if the item is authentic and did the person buy themselves and if in doubt I move on to the next one.

Her tactics of accusing the seller of selling a fake could be to get her to sell it to her for less than she has it listed for. I am so wary of sellers/buyers these days that scheme to get something for nothing.
Hang in there Bessie --- don't let this one ebayer (that obviously has nothing better to do than harass people) get you down!

Thanks minimouse, I knew I had the wrong end of the stick....sorry SLL.
Yes the lady making such accusations is attempting to say the item is fake, for goodness sake if she is any doubt, dont bid and leave the seller alone. She needs to be blocked. Its horrible to say that about someones item. I usually just ask if the item is authentic and did the person buy themselves and if in doubt I move on to the next one.

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: No! I didn't mean YOU at all!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

*Phew*

thanks everyone for the support i am just going to ignore her at this point
:sad: it makes me really sad just to have someone message me like that, in all caps who has nothing to do with the auction, not a bidder or anything

i would very much like to block her, how would i go about going that? i havent ever had to block someone before :sad:

thanks everyone again

some people dont get that sample sales include SAMPLES non perfect, not for retail items ugh!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#blocking

Here is the link for blocking!!!! Make sure she is #1 on your list! :wlae:

((((Help-Slush))) I hate people who think they know more about our auctions than we who own the piece do.

I just read this whole thread and it looks like to me that she DID accuse Help-Slush of having a fake up for sale then later backtracked and said she wasn't accusing her of selling a fake.

Oh, and I had to laugh at the "knows high end because she works at JC Penney" sister... The only people who think that's high end is folks who buy clothes at WalMart.

Keep busting the bad guys!! I'm learning a lot!