Very stupid questions, but hey, I am new at this!

One more tip about shipping: always use some sort of tracking, even if the item isn't that much money. Otherwise the buyer can claim they didn't receive the item and PP/eBay will not allow you to use a receipt from the post office as proof of mailing.

Also, ANY item over $250 needs to be sent with signature confirmation, as per eBay rules. I think this is a good rule of thumb to follow anyway.

Make sure you keep your receipts with tracking numbers. I always make notes in My eBay section in case I lose them.

Good luck with your sales!

One more tip about shipping: always use some sort of tracking, even if the item isn't that much money. Otherwise the buyer can claim they didn't receive the item and PP/eBay will not allow you to use a receipt from the post office as proof of mailing.

Also, ANY item over $250 needs to be sent with signature confirmation, as per eBay rules. I think this is a good rule of thumb to follow anyway.

Make sure you keep your receipts with tracking numbers. I always make notes in My eBay section in case I lose them.

Good luck with your sales!
Stamps.com provides FREE delivery tracking/confirmation! Plus, their insurance rates are LESS than USPS (I always include ins. in every purse I sell, it's part of the flat rate shipping cost). Stamps.com costs about $15 a month, but it's worth it.

Excellent. Right now I am trying to figure out if I should do a reserve or a BIN option. Any advice?

I don't do reserve auctions because you have to pay more if you put a reserve on so I just start the bidding at a price that I would be happy to sell it for should I only get 1 bid.

I put a BIN option on sometimes but it depends on what I'm selling. I must admit that I probably buy more on BIN's that bidding.

Stamps.com provides FREE delivery tracking/confirmation! Plus, their insurance rates are LESS than USPS (I always include ins. in every purse I sell, it's part of the flat rate shipping cost). Stamps.com costs about $15 a month, but it's worth it.

I went through auctiva, and used their insurance method, is that ok? Or should I switch it?