Very specific classic HG reveal

Juniper10

Oct 28, 2010
I've been looking for something pretty specific, made over a narrow timeframe - a thinner CC's, single flap, lamb jumbo, SHW. Wanted one that was not misshapen. I'm very small, so weight is important to me and single flaps are lighter. There are a lot of SFs out there, but a lot are misshapen, plus finding my specific wished combo with the thinner CC's was challenging.

acc to my research, the discontinued single flap jumbos made with the thinner CC's occurred over a pretty narrow timeframe, at least in the early 14x series. I saw a 13x with the previous, slightly wider CCs. Double flap jumbos started mid 14x according to someone on the forum.

Below are pics of my new to me bag!

Pros. Bag was not overstuffed and it met my specific criteria. Its pretty decent visually from far off, given age. IMG_1484781103.530070.jpgIMG_1484781226.955182.jpgIMG_1484781254.557301.jpgIt's soft. It only has 2-3 kind of deflated puffs. IMG_1484780790.211608.jpgIMG_1484780874.118905.jpgCons are ...I keep my bags pristine ... so it's really strange for me to have a bag with so much usage, so many scratches, and pretty major corner scuffs. Also, esp in sunlight, the black is really not as rich or deep a black.....as if it has been over- wiped....In dim lighting, it still looks pretty and I'm grateful, but how long will a scuff this deep last me? It makes me worried having this area of vulnerability in the corner. Already I bumped that exact corner on a bookcase - and I've just had it a day! (I must hold it on the same shoulder as the former owner). I decided to keep the bag to use for now and gift to my daughter when she goes to college, and continue a search for a better condition one.

If anyone sees this very specific bag anywhere, please feel free to PM me!!

Congratulations on finding just what you were looking for. Have you considered sending the bag off to the spa to see what they could do about the scuffs and scrapes? They can do amazing work and you may end up using this bag long after your daughter has gone off to college.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Congratulations on finding such a specific bag! are you in the US? Have you considered asking Leather surgeon what they might be able to do with a spa and fix the corner wear, scuffs and scratches? many on the forum said such good things about them and there were members who show photos of before/after that just look like miracles. Perhaps given the bag being so specific and hard to find, if they can do something about it, it might be well worth sending it over to them to try. it seems from what I had read occasionally from members here, their prices are not too bad either. :smile:

Congratulations on finding such a specific bag! are you in the US? Have you considered asking Leather surgeon what they might be able to do with a spa and fix the corner wear, scuffs and scratches? many on the forum said such good things about them and there were members who show photos of before/after that just look like miracles. Perhaps given the bag being so specific and hard to find, if they can do something about it, it might be well worth sending it over to them to try. it seems from what I had read occasionally from members here, their prices are not too bad either. :smile:

Oh, I did not know corner scuffs were even repairable! I will research the forum on this and look into this Leather Surgeon. Thank you for the tip!! I really do LOVE the bag, so if I could get it a little blacker and do something about all these scuffs, that would be ideal.