Very sad, goodbye Max, my sweet loyal friend. Gone but never forgotten.

I wanted to share with you my furbaby memorial necklace. I purchased the necklace after my boxer passed away and contacted the seller to add another charm and birthstone for Romeo. The seller was so sweet. She paid for me to ship the necklace back to her, even after I insisted I would pay for shipping, and she changed out the links and necklace and added another charm.
The tags have my fur babies name on one side, and dates on the opposite side.

IMG_0865_zps2676b3c1.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsca51997d.jpg

Also, shutterfly photo album made from all my favorite digital photos.
IMG_0867_zps2cae13e3.jpg

This made me tear up again, what a beautiful and special reminders of your fur babies and what a sweet seller. Beautiful dog on your picture, too. Do you mind sharing from which seller you got it? Does she have a website?
The day I brought Max to the cremation center, I also picked some things from the center to remember him. I got a necklace with pendant with a little of his ash inside and a little charm that has also a bit ash inside. The necklace is a bit longer so that I can wear it close to my heart.
I also got a paw print in clay, one in white and one in black, just like the colours that Max had.
Tomorrow night it has been 3 weeks since his passing....unbelievable how fast that goes.

Attachments

• 00000000000000000000000000000000000sp2.jpg
    00000000000000000000000000000000000sp2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 00000000000000000000000000000000000sp4.jpg
    00000000000000000000000000000000000sp4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 195
This made me tear up again, what a beautiful and special reminders of your fur babies and what a sweet seller. Beautiful dog on your picture, too. Do you mind sharing from which seller you got it? Does she have a website?
The day I brought Max to the cremation center, I also picked some things from the center to remember him. I got a necklace with pendant with a little of his ash inside and a little charm that has also a bit ash inside. The necklace is a bit longer so that I can wear it close to my heart.
I also got a paw print in clay, one in white and one in black, just like the colours that Max had.
Tomorrow night it has been 3 weeks since his passing....unbelievable how fast that goes.

She's on etsy. Here is the original necklace, but she can do anything you like.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/155104...op_home_active_1&ga_search_query=pet+memorial
I switched out the pearl for birthstones. Also, because I had more than one fur angel, I had her put names on front of tag and dates on the back.

I love your paw plates and necklace!
The grieving comes in waves. The day the vet called us to tell us Romeo's ashes were ready, she told me they had to use a different urn because his ashes wouldn't fit in the urn I picked out. That really hit me hard.

Are the paw plates with his paw impression?

I am crying as I read through your initial post and updates. I haven't been on tPF much apart from a few threads and was shocked to read your signature.

It must have been such a shock to lose him, and so quickly without warning. It's hard to know if it's better to see these things coming so you can prepare and plan ahead or have an animal that enjoyed life until the end. Either way it's awful, there are no good ways to experience a loved one's passing. Max was at the centre of your life with little Choco, it rips everything out of you.

My gorgeous elegant Doberman, who grew up with me, died after many months of illness, we'd been through so much together, if I think about it too long I will be in tears. The same with little naughty Sam who was a terror-terrier sometimes but absolutely such a cute character. He died 7 years ago as you know. I miss him everyday. The feelings don't go away but it does get easier and the happier memories return, outnumbering and stringer than the grief.

Max, darling Max, was the funniest creature ever. I remember comparing notes on the funny things out pets got up to, I was crying from the laughter.

You loved Max with all your heart and he knew it. You gave him a life that couldn't have been better and a couple of years ago you gave him a little friend that he taught like a little student.

I hope that little Choco makes a full recovery, he is a kind, sweet sensitive soul like his mummy. I'm sure he is helping you, and you him.

She's on etsy. Here is the original necklace, but she can do anything you like.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/155104...op_home_active_1&ga_search_query=pet+memorial
I switched out the pearl for birthstones. Also, because I had more than one fur angel, I had her put names on front of tag and dates on the back.

I love your paw plates and necklace!
The grieving comes in waves. The day the vet called us to tell us Romeo's ashes were ready, she told me they had to use a different urn because his ashes wouldn't fit in the urn I picked out. That really hit me hard.

Are the paw plates with his paw impression?

Thank you for sharing, I am going to check it out.

Yes, the paw plates are with his paw impression. His last paws he ever gave to me :cry:.
And omg, same happened here when picking an urn.
The day I brought Max to the cremation center, I was first browsing on their website for several hours to pick an urn. I found a special one, it was a tealight urn which really spoke to me. Turned out Max's ashes also wouldn't fit in that one as there won't go much ash into a tealight urn. So at the cremation center I had to think about another solution which was also a bit of a shock as I really fell in love with the tealight urn. Then I suddenly saw another urn with paw prints on it, and this urn complimented the tealight urn perfectly. I took them both at the end and instructed the center to put a little bit of his ash in the tealight urn and the rest in the other urn. I must say I am happy with my choice, I really like the way they compliment eachother and they also really suit the way Max was.

I really hope time will make things better, but today is another sad day...I woke up, and felt the feeling of a rock in my stomach again and it won't go away.
Also, I was worried again about Choco because he didn't drink yesterday, but luckily he did this morning.

I am crying as I read through your initial post and updates. I haven't been on tPF much apart from a few threads and was shocked to read your signature.

It must have been such a shock to lose him, and so quickly without warning. It's hard to know if it's better to see these things coming so you can prepare and plan ahead or have an animal that enjoyed life until the end. Either way it's awful, there are no good ways to experience a loved one's passing. Max was at the centre of your life with little Choco, it rips everything out of you.

My gorgeous elegant Doberman, who grew up with me, died after many months of illness, we'd been through so much together, if I think about it too long I will be in tears. The same with little naughty Sam who was a terror-terrier sometimes but absolutely such a cute character. He died 7 years ago as you know. I miss him everyday. The feelings don't go away but it does get easier and the happier memories return, outnumbering and stringer than the grief.

Max, darling Max, was the funniest creature ever. I remember comparing notes on the funny things out pets got up to, I was crying from the laughter.

You loved Max with all your heart and he knew it. You gave him a life that couldn't have been better and a couple of years ago you gave him a little friend that he taught like a little student.

I hope that little Choco makes a full recovery, he is a kind, sweet sensitive soul like his mummy. I'm sure he is helping you, and you him.

Thank you so much for your support my dear friend :kiss::smooch:.

You describe the feeling perfectly, it ripped everything out of me indeed. I knew he was getting older but I didn't see any signs that should worry me as he looked like a healthy and happy dog to me to the very end.
To lose your dog within a few minutes and so unexpected, seeing his last breath is very hard. You act fast, but nothing can be done...if I think about it again, it feels so unreal.
Yes, he was getting older, but I thought he would stay a a few years longer with me.
Unfortunately, these are the things we can't control. One thing that comforts me a little is that the vet said he didn't suffer. Also, no nasty illness, where you have put a dog to sleep at the end. I luckily never had to make that choice. Even though you know what is coming when you have to put your fur baby to sleep, it's still an awful situation. There's no easy way to say goodbye to your pet.

Yes, I remember you told me about your lovely dogs, it's not easy but I am glad time made things a bit better for you. Like you with your sweet Doberman, I went through a lot with Max. We shared so much together. When we were sitting together, I would tell him about my day. When I was cooking in the kitchen, you could count on it that Max was there too, in case I would be clumsy and something would fall on the floor (and you know I can be clumsy sometimes).
I also remember that we shared the crazy things of our fur babies, thinking about that puts a little smile on my face.
I miss him so much and I wish Max could come back to me as a pup....

Choco does seem much more active this week. Yesterday he didn't drink, but luckily he did this morning. He truly seems to enjoy all the extra attention and he loves to snuggle with me. If he wants extra attention, he will sit next to me and touch me with his paw...Yesterday I was petting him and when I stopped, he actually grabbed my hand with both paws because he wanted more...that was a funny sight.

I m so very sorry for your loss,**Chanel**. My kitty Henri died unexpectedly last month--she was only 3--and I am still in mourning. Can't quite believe I will never see her again. From one grieving pet mommy to another--{{{hugs}}}

So very sorry and you are right...they are never forgotten. These little souls are such gifts.

Thank you, hrhsunshine :flowers:. I miss him so much and feel grateful he was part of my life. I only wish I could see him again one more time.

There is a little fur angel up there looking down at you and out for you. So sorry for your loss. I teared up reading about your lovely dog. He lives on in your memories. Hugs

Thank you, Blingaddict :flowers: . I think of him every single day. I also noticed that since his passing, there's a specific butterfly that visits my garden every day. Of couse this could be coincidence, but I like the idea that Max has something to do with it.

I m so very sorry for your loss,**Chanel**. My kitty Henri died unexpectedly last month--she was only 3--and I am still in mourning. Can't quite believe I will never see her again. From one grieving pet mommy to another--{{{hugs}}}

*Hugs*, I am so sorry for your loss too, madamefifi :hugs:. Poor Henri, only 3 years old, way too young. I can only imagine how you must feel, you don't expect to lose your pet at that age. We will never forget our lovely fur babies, but time will make things a little bit easier. First week after his passing, I was a complete wreck. Now, it's still not easy, but I am not crying my eyes out every single day anymore. There are still moments that I am losing it, but it's easier to go through a day now than a few weeks ago.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'm in tears at my desk, Max was so beautiful and I'm glad you had so many wonderful memories together :heart:

Thank you, absolutpink :hugs:. I am very grateful for the time we had together. He was one of a kind and he made me smile a lot. A few weeks ago, I would start crying while writing this post, but now I have a little smile on my face, thinking of all the nice memories:heart:.

My dear **Chanel**, I cried in buckets reading your story. I'm so so sorry for your loss and wish it will get easier for you and Choco day by day. RIP Max. :hugs:

Thank you so much, dear cr1stalangel :hugs:. The other day I thought it was going slightly better, until I suddenly lost it and cried my eyes out again. Choco's situation has luckily improved. But it's so quiet without Max, I really miss his crazy noises that sometimes made me laugh out loud. He really was a funny, one of a kind dog :smile:.

Thank you so much, dear cr1stalangel :hugs:. The other day I thought it was going slightly better, until I suddenly lost it and cried my eyes out again. Choco's situation has luckily improved. But it's so quiet without Max, I really miss his crazy noises that sometimes made me laugh out loud. He really was a funny, one of a kind dog :smile:.

I know this is weird, but it is like my heart feel the same pull and ache whenever I read your post about Max. If ever, day or night, you feel like you just want to talk about anything under the sun, please just let me know. I'd be more than happy to goss with you and take your mind off things. :biggrin: :hugs:

Hi Chanel,
I bookmarked this page and its something i'd like to take my time reading.
I actually have a picture of my max in my photos on this site...i don't know how to add it to my writing but i'll figure it out.
My loss has been a year and almost 3 months. We got Penny in Sept 2015.
I light a candle on the 6th of every month...the day we put him to sleep.
i too each night tell him i love him. I try to feel him. I really have an amazing story...i will tell it in a nutshell.
i asked him to come to me as a brand new shinny penny heads up if he could...this was in between the 2 shots they use.
well, after he passed a neighbor came running over to say he just saw max running down the street. My husband ran out and of course, no dog.
Then a couple of months later after crying for 2 months straight. Crying so hard and that hurt where you can't breathe...i found a penny 2014 heads up shinny. I had been praying to find one and for max to know how much i love and miss him. I kept finding them at my feet in different places (my driveway, the grocery store, coffee shop, etc). Then, when I was waiting to get the dog Penny (she is a rescue so i was meeting the girl who found her), i was waiting in my obsessively clean car and saw a shinny penny wedged in the rack the passenger seat slides on...brand new and shinny...so i named the dog penny and take it that she was sent for me to love from max. Then a few weeks ago...i'll try to post the pic...there were hundreds of pennies outside my front door in our driveway. Turns out from our security cameras that there was a petty thief but it didn't show him dropping like 100 pennies. I am choosing to believe that was max. I'm completely not religious and i try to be spiritual but i am really hoping it was max. I think when there is such a bond like you and i had with our dogs that it doesn't go away. its too strong. some story, huh?. i'm so glad you showed me this thread. I'm looking forward to free time to sit with it...Lili

Hi Chanel,
I bookmarked this page and its something i'd like to take my time reading.
I actually have a picture of my max in my photos on this site...i don't know how to add it to my writing but i'll figure it out.
My loss has been a year and almost 3 months. We got Penny in Sept 2015.
I light a candle on the 6th of every month...the day we put him to sleep.
i too each night tell him i love him. I try to feel him. I really have an amazing story...i will tell it in a nutshell.
i asked him to come to me as a brand new shinny penny heads up if he could...this was in between the 2 shots they use.
well, after he passed a neighbor came running over to say he just saw max running down the street. My husband ran out and of course, no dog.
Then a couple of months later after crying for 2 months straight. Crying so hard and that hurt where you can't breathe...i found a penny 2014 heads up shinny. I had been praying to find one and for max to know how much i love and miss him. I kept finding them at my feet in different places (my driveway, the grocery store, coffee shop, etc). Then, when I was waiting to get the dog Penny (she is a rescue so i was meeting the girl who found her), i was waiting in my obsessively clean car and saw a shinny penny wedged in the rack the passenger seat slides on...brand new and shinny...so i named the dog penny and take it that she was sent for me to love from max. Then a few weeks ago...i'll try to post the pic...there were hundreds of pennies outside my front door in our driveway. Turns out from our security cameras that there was a petty thief but it didn't show him dropping like 100 pennies. I am choosing to believe that was max. I'm completely not religious and i try to be spiritual but i am really hoping it was max. I think when there is such a bond like you and i had with our dogs that it doesn't go away. its too strong. some story, huh?. i'm so glad you showed me this thread. I'm looking forward to free time to sit with it...Lili

Dear Lili,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story about Max and Penny.
The penny story is amazing and I am sure Max knows how much you loved him.
The bond between humans and animals can be very, very strong.
But like you, I also experienced some interesting situations after Max's passing.
I don't know if it was my imagination, but I had three nights when I heard a dog barking exactly like Max. The dog only barked two times, but dog owners know the bark of their dog. On the same nights I also heard a dog snoring, like Max always did. But the noise seemed very far away.
When Max just passed away, a big butterfly came into my garden sitting on the laundry.
It would not go away and I could come very, very close. It was just sitting there.
I have pictures of it saved on my phone.
A few weeks later when I was very sad, thinking about Max, a butterfly in same colors as the one on the laundry, came sit on my window, watching me.
Coincidence? I don't know. I love to think that was a sign of Max. I still miss him every single day and I hope he is still around :heart:.

Dear Lili,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story about Max and Penny.
The penny story is amazing and I am sure Max knows how much you loved him.
The bond between humans and animals can be very, very strong.
But like you, I also experienced some interesting situations after Max's passing.
I don't know if it was my imagination, but I had three nights when I heard a dog barking exactly like Max. The dog only barked two times, but dog owners know the bark of their dog. On the same nights I also heard a dog snoring, like Max always did. But the noise seemed very far away.
When Max just passed away, a big butterfly came into my garden sitting on the laundry.
It would not go away and I could come very, very close. It was just sitting there.
I have pictures of it saved on my phone.
A few weeks later when I was very sad, thinking about Max, a butterfly in same colors as the one on the laundry, came sit on my window, watching me.
Coincidence? I don't know. I love to think that was a sign of Max. I still miss him every single day and I hope he is still around :heart:.

I came here just to let you a hug here. I couldn't read all pages as I started crying in line 4 or 5 of the first article. So I wanted to tell you that I understand you and that I know, that letting a dog go is comparable to loose an arm or the half of the heart. Till now I had 7 dogs and everytime it comes to one of my passed by dogs I immediatly start crying. The wound will never heal, it will allways be like a scarf that hurts, but it will get easier. And, not beeing a spiritual person on myself, I would swear that my dogs are somewhere around me. Still, even after years. Max ist there, I am sure. Sorry for your loss.