Very Sad: Cast Member From The Real World San Diego Dies

Jan 23, 2006
1.jpg

According to US Mag, Frankie Abernathy, who was a cast member on the The Real World: San Diego in 2004, and whose public struggle with cystic fibrosis helped increase national awareness about the chronic lung disease, died on June 9 at her mothers home in Shorewood, Wisconsin.

She was 25 years old. "It was very sudden," her mother, Abbie Hunter, told MTV News. "It wasn't something that was expected. She was doing fine, and we really don't know very much yet. It still was kind of a shock, and it just wasn't how we figured things would go. It seems like her little body just gave out."

This is very sad. CF is a devistating disease, I had a very close childhood friend pass from this when he was only 18. I really hope they can find a cure someday. :heart: :heart:

Wow im in shock , the other day i was thinking of her i was thinking wow she has never done a real world/ road rules challenge. Wow Pobrecita. My prayers go to her family.

I have watched maybe 10 episodes of TRW ever and 1/2 of them were the San Diego group.
I rememebr her, she struggled in that household. . . what SAD, sad news :sad: