Very sad and disturbing video about slaughterhouses

Dancechika24

2 Loves:Lola & Loki
Mar 4, 2010
I was linked to the site below from another site and I just watched the video (If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls) and cried. I'm sorry to be posting it here but I was really affected, I can't stop crying. It's so sad to watch this and yet it happens every day to make the meat we eat.

http://www.meat.org/

**WARNING: VERY SAD & DISTURBING CONTENT!

Last edited:
I actually saw this on the PETA website.. After I saw this, I wanted to be a vegetarian and I think it is slowly working because lately, I have not wanted to eat meat. I don't know how people can do that and have the heart to do that to an animal.

^^I know. I can't stop thinking about these 2 videos and I watched them hours ago. I don't know what to do.

Did you watch the 2nd one about fur? It's even more sad....:sad:

I watched a video called Earthlings. And then another on the Cat and Dog trade in China.
This was one year and a month ago...
I have been a pescetarian (I only eat fish, veggies, fruits, dairy) ever since.
Seeing how animals are treated...I died inside. Completely and utterly DIED inside. To step inside their minds...and see what they go through...
You would get the death penalty if YOU did some of those things to a human. But when it is an animal, sometimes people forget that they are beings also. With thoughts, feelings, maybe even dreams. Brains. Hearts. Compassion.

I still have not recovered from it, but I am glad I woke up to it. :cry:

^^Those people in China doing that in the second video should be killed themselves. I can't believe that things like this happen. It's disgusting. While I was watching it, I get sooooo angry and boiling on the inside, such an undescribable feeling of hate for those disgusting people and a deep pain for those poor cats and dogs goes through me. Oh how I wish I could have been there in the video to save all those poor animals, i can't imagine the pain they are in.

I don't have the strength to watch the Earthlings video right now.

Yeah after I saw how dogs and cats were treated for fur or any animal in fact for fur... now whenever I see people wearing real fur coats, I just want to bash them and take away their coat kind of like the video below, though I'd never do that. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_s1OGc2nc

I do want to become pescetarian but chicken tastes good and hamburgers.. it really is hard to let go of meat :/ Though for fashion I will not buy fur.. leather bags though is another problem though I hope they recycle the animal (kind of gross though).

It is sad how there are rights for humans (which is good) but animals have an unheard voice in the process of these events especially in terms of medicine. I saw a video in my anatomy class on the research for Parkinsons.. these things do questions us a lot on ethics and morals and I do wish that animals had more rights especially with fashion :sad:

I have the same problem with leather. I am vehemently against fur, but I love leather bags. Some people call me a hypocrite because of it.
But I say, I do what I can. It's better than doing nothing. Most of the time, the rest of the cow is used in fast food, so it is USED. However, not a lot of countries eat "fur-animals"...and those babies are caught, trapped in a very small cage, and then skinned...
Sometimes alive.
Imagining that happening to me...it just breaks my heart.

As for meat...I do get a weakness for chicken sometimes, but I just reflect back to some of the vids I have seen...once you see one, your mind tells you to watch more and more...to learn the truth. Poor chickens.
I do allow myself turkey on THanksgiving day, but I do not buy it. I go to my parents house and eat a little.
As for beef and pork...I will NEVER eat them again. Ever. I do not even crave it. I see steak and pork, and all I can think about is that it is a mammal, like me. That meat is like human meat. And mammals used for food suffer more than any other animal, except fur animals.
The internet and the videos I have seen...totally changed my life. Seriously. Overnight.
Like I said, people may yell hypocrite at me for using leather...but I do what I can. Most of time, the people that are calling me Hypocrite are saying so with a bacon cheeseburger in their hand...so I just ignore it. At least I am trying. :biggrin:
I feel a lot healthier ever since becoming a pescetarian also. For years, I struggled with being 5'3' and 175lbs. After a year of my new lifestyle, I got down to 130, and have kept it off. My skin looks better, my body feels better, and I am not so tired anymore.
I am glad I did it.

I wouldn't believe everything that PETA says or shows. They are an extremeist group who will go to any length to make you believe and side with them. For that reason, I will never support them.
I believe in animal rights too, and think that real fur coats are just disgusting and would never even touch one. And I also did a paper on animal testing for my English class in high school and about how I think it is wrong to test cosmetics on animals. That said, I am not sure my position on testing for medical research. If they could find a cure for cancer or a widespread illness, but they had to use rats to test on, I would probably be OK with that.. I don't think that animals are worth any less than humans, but I frequently am a patient at the children's hospital here and when I see these kids (and adults too) going through what they have to, to try and fight cancer and other illnesses, I'm sorry but I think I would sacrifice a rat.

Wanted to add what a vegetarian told me once...
"If you could just give up one meat...just one...imagine the lives you would save. Whether it be chicken, pork, beef, turkey, whatever...just one."
And I thought about it. I used to eat chicken at least three times a week. Mostly chicken breast. That is a lot of chickens.
My husband is still eating meat...but he does so in moderation. I don't impose my lifestyle on him. He supports me, and lives his own way. The only thing I ask of him is to not eat chicken wings around me. People normally eat a LOT of chicken wings at one sitting...and imagining how many chicken wings equal a chicken puts the "death count" into way big of a perspective to me.
So he does not do that...and I avert my eyes when he eats other things. Suprisingly, it works out fine.
It can work, if you try it. :biggrin:

Yes, I do not support PETA. They claim to save animals that are abandoned, but some investigations have shown that the animals are killed before they even leave your driveway. They do not adopt them out like they say.
It's a good tool to use to research...but I would not support them.
You have to think...these "investigators", who love animals so much...how can they stand by and watch these animals suffer..while filming? I would be kicking someones a$$. I know you have to keep cover and all...but it just seems fishy to me.
Just my two cents.

Yes, I do not support PETA. They claim to save animals that are abandoned, but some investigations have shown that the animals are killed before they even leave your driveway. They do not adopt them out like they say.
It's a good tool to use to research...but I would not support them.
You have to think...these "investigators", who love animals so much...how can they stand by and watch these animals suffer..while filming? I would be kicking someones a$$. I know you have to keep cover and all...but it just seems fishy to me.
Just my two cents.

I agree with your whole post. They're extremeists. And they do have some good research on their page most of which is written by other sources.
And I have always thought exactly what you said. They stand around "filming" these horrendous things that they say are happening. Well, I just don't believe them. I used to support PETA when I was younger but after I found out things about them, I was just disgusted.

Yes, I was too kind of wondering the same thing. How can they stand around or hide and film the kinds of things that they did and not do anything? Maybe they did after? Who knows? Espcially the cat and dogs for fur in China video. I would seriously have done some serious damage to those disgusting people for what they were doing to those cats and dogs. I got sooo furious watching it and I still can't get the images out of my head..

Let's not be too harsh on Peta... their heart is in the right place and they do a lot of good.

I hope that after watching these videos that more and more people are discouraged from consuming animal products. I can't even bare to think about the atrocities that occur in the meat and dairy industries.

People don't often agree with me, but in my view I wouldn't eat my dog so I'm certainly not about to eat a cow or a chicken. Personally I cannot distinguish between eating a pet or livestock or even another person for that matter. Furthermore whilst I do think that fish don't suffer the same cruelty as these animals, I do not eat seafood given the terrible effects of overfishing on our oceans.

So please, if you are going to eat meat or dairy then at least make sure its certified organic... Much better for the animal and the environment. Better still, don't eat any animal products at all. You can live a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle without consuming death. :smile: