Very quick choice - urgent help!

Cocorose

Sep 11, 2011
Just about to order a Bayswater - choice is between Deer Brown grainy print or Conker shiny grain. Which? My winter coats are camel and a bright pink and I wear mainly neutrals.

Also have a nightshade silky snake Alexa (lovely all year round) and a small black Willow.

Initial feelings are that the Deer Brown will be lovely in the summer and the Conker better in winter. Deer brown might also be a tad more formal and I have got "smart" covered with my Willow. Have always loved Deer brown but also have also liked the conker colour, used to have a conker Lexie.

Anyone around for quick opinion? THANK YOU!! XXX

Love them both, you have great taste. Can't go wrong with either! I have the db grainy Del Rey, love the color and leather but I baby her - worry about staining her everytime I use her. Also only take her out on sunny days, or if I know I won't be outside much. The conker shiny grain on the other hand seems very sturdy and resiliant to both bad weather and wear!

For me:

Conker:
+ hardy leather, no worries of color tranfer
+ more structured and likely to hold shape?
- possibly harder to wear in Spring/Summer?

Deer brown:
+ stunning leather
+ versatile all year round color
- requires some babying
- will start to slouch

For the reasons above, I think I would sway to conker shiny grain Bays as I do think the style looks better structured! They are very different though, which makes for a hard choice... Could you get both? :graucho:

Love them both, you have great taste. Can't go wrong with either! I have the db grainy Del Rey, love the color and leather but I baby her - worry about staining her everytime I use her. Also only take her out on sunny days, or if I know I won't be outside much. The conker shiny grain on the other hand seems very sturdy and resiliant to both bad weather and wear!

For me:

Conker:
+ hardy leather, no worries of color tranfer
+ more structured and likely to hold shape?
- possibly harder to wear in Spring/Summer?

Deer brown:
+ stunning leather
+ versatile all year round color
- requires some babying
- will start to slouch

For the reasons above, I think I would sway to conker shiny grain Bays as I do think the style looks better structured! They are very different though, which makes for a hard choice... Could you get both? :graucho:

This is brilliant, thank you so much! I loved your deer brown reveal btw, it's such a luxurious elegant shade.....but having read all this I'm swaying more towards the conker. It would be nice to have something I can use straight away plus the fact it is likely to keep its shape better is important to me.
I knew a TPF-er would suggest getting both.....don't even go there! Only got my Willow last week so despite re-homing small black Lily and oak Bays recently, I have to be sensible! Would be lovely though.....

This is brilliant, thank you so much! I loved your deer brown reveal btw, it's such a luxurious elegant shade.....but having read all this I'm swaying more towards the conker. It would be nice to have something I can use straight away plus the fact it is likely to keep its shape better is important to me.
I knew a TPF-er would suggest getting both.....don't even go there! Only got my Willow last week so despite re-homing small black Lily and oak Bays recently, I have to be sensible! Would be lovely though.....

I think conker is a smart choice! Bays is a workhorse bag, so makes sense to opt for a sturdy leather in a practical color. The shiny grain is definitely more structured and likely to remain so vs grainy print, imho. Plus, deer brown is still sold, so you can get a Lily or Del Rey in it later ;)

I think it'd go for conker. The leather is brilliant, the colour is very rich and I would definitely also wear it during summer. Deer brown is quite a light colour and I would be very worried about colour transfer and dirt in general.

The thing with conker is that you can wear it will many colours. Deer brown, even though it's a beige hue, can look a little bland IMHO with core colours like navy or grey. Conker, on the other hand, will look totally stylish and elegant.

I think it'd go for conker. The leather is brilliant, the colour is very rich and I would definitely also wear it during summer. Deer brown is quite a light colour and I would be very worried about colour transfer and dirt in general.

The thing with conker is that you can wear it will many colours. Deer brown, even though it's a beige hue, can look a little bland IMHO with core colours like navy or grey. Conker, on the other hand, will look totally stylish and elegant.

Thank you! You are SO right on confer, my Lexie seemed to work with almost everything, and you're also right that the deer brown can look slightly bland with certain colours. I still love it though....one for the summer shopping list perhaps?

I think I might just order the cooker right now......:P

I think conker is a smart choice! Bays is a workhorse bag, so makes sense to opt for a sturdy leather in a practical color. The shiny grain is definitely more structured and likely to remain so vs grainy print, imho. Plus, deer brown is still sold, so you can get a Lily or Del Rey in it later ;)

Great points, thank you!

Hi Cocorose, my lovely! I have a lot of catching up to do on here so I will look out for your Willow, if you have revealed her already?

I do love deer brown but it will look washed out against your camel coat. Conker will go with everything. My plum Marcie was quite similar in colour and I didn't ever have to worry about whether it goes with what I'm wearing.