Very noticeable creases on VPs - Should i return them?

blackmango

O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
hey ladies, need your wise advice here....

ordered a pair of rose gold VPs last week, and i received them today...

normally, i'd assume that the shoes are brand new and perfect..however, upon closer inspection, i noticed 2 deep creases running through the inner sole of the left shoe.... a scuff on the right peeptoe... and some scratches here and there as well..

posted pictures for your advice...should i keep these, maybe because its common for leather to be creased like this, or should i return them and incur more shipping costs but recover the full $770?

i really really like the rose gold VPs...:confused1: and have been hunting high and low for them....:sad:

thanks for all advice...

Attachments

rockvixen76

Aug 15, 2008
yorkshire UK
Sorry Blackmango but looks to me like you have been sent some ex-display shoes are all the imperfections only on one shoe? if so then they have been the pair that have been on display and have been handled/tried on etc.
It's up to you if you keep them, it's alot of money for not quite perfect shoes, it depends how much you love them? personally I have had to make do in this situation as I have big feet and sometimes it's the choice between having and never having.

Jun 12, 2008
Someone has "tried them on" extensively. I'd get a new pair and make whom ever sent them to you pay for the shipping.. both ways.

evolkatie

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
USA
I remember reading that these VPs are pretty delicate so creasing will always happen. I don't see the scuff on the peeptoe, just more creasing in the leather. Maybe try another pair but I don't think that it would be a surprise if another pair has creasing also.

surlygirl

where my ring at??!!
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Washington, DC area
There have been posts about the VP in this leather. I think it was Kamilla who returned hers because the leather seemed very delicate and prone to wrinkling.

rockvixen76

Aug 15, 2008
yorkshire UK
The scratch across the heel would annoy me the most and the other thing with metallic leather apart from it creasing due to being delicate it may start to crack/split in the deep creases.

shoecrazy

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
I had a pair of these and returned them because they already had some dirty marks and scuffs. I think they're gorgeous but the leather is delicate.

Kamilla850

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
New York
I actually think that this naturally occured on all the rose gold VPs. I got them when they first came out a few months ago and each pair that I tried on (all fresh out of the box - I could see I was the first person trying them on based on the paper wrapping that no one had tried them on beforehand) had this very same problem.

I decided to end up returning them because of this. I will try to find some pics.

blackmango

O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
thanks kamilla!! was really hoping that you'll be able to shed some light cos i fell in love with rose gold VPs after seeing your pictures previously...thank goodness it wasnt the fault of the SA.. if it occurs for all the rose gold VPs, im really considering keeping these.....really...cos i love the rose gold very much.....dilemma dilemma....

sdesaye

Mar 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm in the category of keeping them as well. I have a few pair of less than perfect CL shoes. I don't mind the slight imperfections but if you ever plan on reselling them you need to reconsiders.

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I think they are just very delicate as everybody has said. Can you post pics that are of the whole shoe, from more of a distance? The creasing and scuff probably won't be as prounounced.

When I saw the title of your thread I was a little nervous that they would be about your breathtaking purple lizard pair. :sweatdrop:

I love the soft, metallic color of this VP.

Kamilla850

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
New York
blackmango - here are some pics of the rose gold VPs that I had which have since been returned. You can see the crease in the modeling pics. Like I said, this crease was on every pair that I tried on. I originally thought that the creasing was happening because the shoe didn't fit me properly but it was also happening on larger sizes as well.

Here are my pics where you can see the crease:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/post-pics-of-your-louboutins-72412-248.html

I love this shoe but I would be disappointed to see scuffs and scratches on them, which I doubt could be repaired.

Tampachic

Jul 22, 2008
Boston, MA
Personally, I think you should return them and keep hunting.

If you think the crease is bad now it is only going to get worse. If you are going to spend $770 on a pair of shoes you should LOVE them and be hanging from the ceiling... Anytime I've kept a pair that had an imperfection from day one it bothered me. Of course I wear them anyway, but still.

Good luck though. They are beautiful shoes. I haven't seen them before!