Very first RM bag - Dusty Lilac Mac! With something interesting...

Jun 26, 2007
Hi all,

I don't have a digital camera right now..so here's some crappy cell phone pics of my new Dusty Lilac MAC! I'm so excited..i love the color. Its absolutely gorgeous in person..photos do NO justice. It's a gorgeous mauve and not too pink at all. My parents AND my 20 year old brother both loved the bag, so it's definitely got universal appeal.

And the something interesting...I ordered the bag from Ebags.com and it arrived today. Well when I opened up the bag and looked in the inside inner pocket, I found the little Rebecca Minkoff certificate of authencity..and then another RM card with someone's name and number written on the other side! It said "call me" with a phone number and his name! SO WEIRD! I just had to take pictures and post it so we could all have a little laugh. I don't know if this is just funny or a little creepy and I should shoot customer service an email. Who is this "vincent" guy? Some creeper who works at Ebags? The bag was perfectly wrapped and has no signs of use or tampering so I guess no fowl but I still think it's weird that there's a card with someone's name in it. I dare a TPFer to call and find out!!! hahaha

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 630
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 546
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 463
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 484
Oh, that guy? That's just Vincent :biggrin: He gets around!

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/ok-rebecca-minkoff-bag-owners-who-is-vincent-199591.html

The prior Vincent was really creepy looking IMO, especially compared to New(er) Vincent like you have. New(er) Vincent is much cuter!

Congrats on your new MAC! So purty!

ETA: I just read the more recent updates on that thread and novella noticed that Old Vincent is Gore Vidal! There must be something about the cropping on the Old Vincent card because that stare goes right. through. ya. :shocked:

Oh, that guy? That's just Vincent :biggrin: He gets around!

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/ok-rebecca-minkoff-bag-owners-who-is-vincent-199591.html

The prior Vincent was really creepy looking IMO, especially compared to New(er) Vincent like you have. New(er) Vincent is much cuter!

Congrats on your new MAC! So purty!

ETA: I just read the more recent updates on that thread and novella noticed that Old Vincent is Gore Vidal! There must be something about the cropping on the Old Vincent card because that stare goes right. through. ya. :shocked:

OMG hahaha I had absolutely NO IDEA that Vincent was a RM marketing gimmick!! This is my very first RM bag and I only started frequenting this forum a month or so ago!

I honestly thought some creeper at Ebags put his number in my bag before shipping it out!!!!!! I can't believe I fell for that! LOL Wow, Ms. Minkoff has a great sense of humour, i love that she put the card in there!

lol the first time i got an RM bag, maybe 3 years ago or so, i also was like WTF when i saw the vincent card

i had ordered it online and thought the same thing.. wondering who on earth he was and why was he hitting one me lolol

i even showed it to my mom and was all, this hot *** model looking guy just put his # on this card, should i call? before i ever did call i found out it was a marketing gimmick.. i was a bit disappointed. for a second i thought vince was this deep, non shallow, hunk who maybe felt some sort of magnetic feeling of fate when he was packing my bag at the warehouse

welcome to the RM club, lovely mac!

Beautiful bag!

I love all the stories about Vincet :P I was a little creeped out when I saw it, but then realized it was clever marketing when I saw it other RM bags on display!

Enjoy your new baby :smile: :smile:

Hi all,

I don't have a digital camera right now..so here's some crappy cell phone pics of my new Dusty Lilac MAC! I'm so excited..i love the color. Its absolutely gorgeous in person..photos do NO justice. It's a gorgeous mauve and not too pink at all. My parents AND my 20 year old brother both loved the bag, so it's definitely got universal appeal.

And the something interesting...I ordered the bag from Ebags.com and it arrived today. Well when I opened up the bag and looked in the inside inner pocket, I found the little Rebecca Minkoff certificate of authencity..and then another RM card with someone's name and number written on the other side! It said "call me" with a phone number and his name! SO WEIRD! I just had to take pictures and post it so we could all have a little laugh. I don't know if this is just funny or a little creepy and I should shoot customer service an email. Who is this "vincent" guy? Some creeper who works at Ebags? The bag was perfectly wrapped and has no signs of use or tampering so I guess no fowl but I still think it's weird that there's a card with someone's name in it. I dare a TPFer to call and find out!!! hahaha

JC - LOL!! vincent is not a creeper, he's just vincent!! u have new school vincent in that bag! that's what i love about RM - such a cute marketing addition (after all, her first, quinessential bag was properly called the "morning after bag" :biggrin:) i personally think old school vincent is the cuter of the two - his real identity is a very young, handsome Gore Vidal!

Very beautiful bag! I can't wait for mine. It's supposed to get here tomorrow. And I already pulled the trigger on a black MAC. Sigh...

LOL about Vincent. I was confused about the card when I got my first bag too. Finally read that thread and "morning after..." and got it!

I love your reaction to Vincent. This gives me a good laugh this morning.

Welcome to The world of RM. How do you like your new bag? I recently discovered a love of the MAC bag and the color you got is now tempting me too!!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I'm glad everyone liked my reaction to Vincent! I want to keep the card but I'm afraid someone will find it and be like "umm who's Vincent?"

I love your reaction to Vincent. This gives me a good laugh this morning.

Welcome to The world of RM. How do you like your new bag? I recently discovered a love of the MAC bag and the color you got is now tempting me too!!

I am obsessed with this bag! I've only worn it once but I LOVE the crossbody! I can't stop raving about the MAC and I think Rebecca Minkoff is really great quality for the price point.

Love the Dusty Lilac MAC! I have the 5-zip MAC in that color and it is so pretty irl. The silver hardware and that color just go so well together! You are making me want to take mine out. Congrats!

Beautiful Dusty Lilac MAC. Enjoy your new beauty!

JC - LOL!! vincent is not a creeper, he's just vincent!! u have new school vincent in that bag! that's what i love about RM - such a cute marketing addition (after all, her first, quinessential bag was properly called the "morning after bag" :biggrin:) i personally think old school vincent is the cuter of the two - his real identity is a very young, handsome Gore Vidal!

Yep, it's brilliant marketing especially because when you consider that the first RM style is the Morning After bag. I always thought it was a cute idea.

Yeah the original AKA OG Vincent is a young Gore Vidal. Gore Vidal as Vincent FTW! ;)

Congratulations on your new Dusty Lilac MAC, JC!

DL was my first MAC too (bag twins! :ghi5:) and I agree, the pictures don't do the color justice! I fall more and more in love very time I take her out! And in just a couple of weeks, the leather has broken in beautifully and is so soft and smooshy and buttery smooth.

Yay for your first RM.. beautiful choice!