Very first international transaction. HELP!!

mischka

lovin' my bee!
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
I bought 3 jars of Body Shop scrub from a Power Seller with 5345 feedbacks and a 99.9% positive rating. I ended the bidding on April 28 and paid on the very same day. We were communicating before and I told him that I wanted shipping with insurance and tacking number (I still have the emails) and the seller replied with a quotation. He also stated that instead of having it shipped to Asia, I would get free shipping if I have it shipped somewhere in NY. I have a forwarder in NY that I have been using for years so I asked if I could have it sent there. He said yes.

On April 29, I received 4 notices from PP: First was to inform me that my package will be shipped using USPS, second was to inform me that shipping was canceled, third again stated that it was to be shipped with USPS and the last again informed me that it was canceled. I kindly emailed the seller to inform him of this and to make sure he got the address right. On April 30, I got a reply that he got it right.

On May 5 and still no package..I emailed him informing him that the "tracking number" provided (9101 7850 9140 1550 9945 32) does not seem to work or reflect the status of the item. And I kindly asked for the right tracking number. And his emailed said "I am sorry you haven't got it yet....I do not have a tracking number..."

What am I going to do? I called my forwarder and they said it's impossible to ship something with a tracking or reference number (even a receipt) because then both parties could not track the delivery of the package. Plus, I was never informed by the seller that he shipped my package without a tracking number or insurance when I specifically requested for that in the beginning.

Should I file a complaint with PP or Ebay? How should I go about it? :crybaby:

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
It does seem a bit odd, but I think I'd give it a couple more days, personally. :yes:

Then, if it still hasn't arrived, contact the seller again and if he won't refund you, file a dispute with Paypal.

Nov 20, 2007
Give it a few more days up to a week. It sometimes takes me 1 week to get my item from across US by regular mail, what more you used a forwarding service? Anyway it may still be too early to open a paypal dispute. I think the minimum is 14 days? I forgot.

4theluvof-it

Aug 17, 2007
You have 45 days to file with paypal so you should be fine. I would give it more time and then file. Paypal will refund your money because he didn't use DC nor did he ship to the addy on the paypal account.

Good luck

b3stbuy

Feb 24, 2008
you could file for seller non performance since you paid for insurance tracking etc and he didnt give you wone. It seems odd to me that there is no tracking number provided....

your location seems familiar..are you from the phil?

mischka

lovin' my bee!
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks everyone! Maybe I'm a little paranoid and I will wait this out. Plus, I'm still waiting for a reply from the seller about the insurance and tracking number. Thanks for all the additional info. I just wish this pushes through since I do not want to go through the hassle of filing a dispute with paypal/ebay.

b3stbuy - Yup, I am;) They've stopped selling the only BS scrub that I use here so I had to resort to ebay or wait for friends to come home from the US.

b3stbuy

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks everyone! Maybe I'm a little paranoid and I will wait this out. Plus, I'm still waiting for a reply from the seller about the insurance and tracking number. Thanks for all the additional info. I just wish this pushes through since I do not want to go through the hassle of filing a dispute with paypal/ebay.

b3stbuy - Yup, I am;) They've stopped selling the only BS scrub that I use here so I had to resort to ebay or wait for friends to come home from the US.
well we have the same location then :smile: was intrigued since body shop is popular here and i saw ur location as well :smile: anyway i hope everything works out well for you. I on the other hand have filed my first dispute via paypal since i have not yet received my package :smile: