very first flap.. what color should i get?

While 10" black classic is gorgeous, I think its too small if you wanna wear to work. I have one too and I really only find it good when I go out for a short time. I'm petite too and end up buying all these slightly oversized bags. I love them all. So my suggestion to you is go a bit bigger like a jumbo 12". It's pretty classy and practical. Good luck!

My first is a beige with gold hardware. So so classic and beautiful to look at. If you take care of your items, then a beige one would be a great option. If not, then black or red would be lovely. Then again, every color in Chanel is fantastic, go with what really feels like you :smile:

You might regret getting the m/l in the long run...take these ladies advice. It's a lot of money and you really want to make sure you get the most use out of a bag. I have the jumbo too and I tell you, I don't have many items I carry either and yet everything is snug inside. Take your time and give it some good thought. JMO though :smile:

Med black caviar w/ shw was my first Chanel and I love it! TPF really got me into wanting a jumbo at first... but I'm a few cm shorter than you and the jumbo was too big on me.

You really need to try it in person though, since it's about proportions more so than height. I couldn't handle the weight even when it was empty as well.

In my medium, I can fit everything you listed with the exception of sunglasses, unless you can do without a case. I really envy those who can pull off a jumbo >_<

jumbo is great for a everyday bag.. for your 1st chanel, i suggest getting the jumbo as it FITS MUCH MORE compared to the m/l.

go and try the bags at ur local store to see which bag looks better on you.

black with either shw or ghw is gorgeous!!

i think you really need to go try out the bags in the boutique first... even though the jumbo fits a lot more than the m/l, it might look big on you, and also some ppl think it's heavy. but then again, you have to decide if you wanna carry less for getting the m/l... perhaps if you can wear your sunglasses over your head? i don't think you will be able to fit them in a m/l, but the other things on your list will.