Very first Balenciaga!

DiorKiss

O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
Hi there! I'm new in the Balenciaga thread and I'm lurking around, drooling over all your pretty Bals. And, of course, after seeing all the prettiness I decided I should get one myself!
But there are só many choices I don't know what to do anymore. I decided to go with either a black one, or a framboise! (Maybe even both if I can cough up the money fast enough... :graucho: I know if I can't I should probably get a framboise first and a black one whenever I have saved up enough, but I currently have NO black bag at all! Not even a cheap one!)
I'm thinking a black City, and a framboise First, City or Twiggy. And, of course, what hardware should I get?! I first thought I'd just get everything with RH because GH cán look a little cheap sometimes and it's really in your face, but on the other hand RH looks so boring next to GH. And should I go for GSH or GGH?
Oh, it's so hard to choose! Balenciaga experts, help please!

I was where you were a few months ago. So confused and undecided. I loved the framboise but was too afraid I'd tire of the color so I bought the Black City and Officier Part Time - regular hardware. I did buy the PT with GH but returned it because I felt it was too heavy. I absolutely love my two bags - though I have a 2005 Dolma City also.
I am a little sorry I didn't get the Framboise now but I guess it at the time I thought it may be too hard to keep. Though these days I'm having second thoughts - and may possible wind up with one soon. I never know. I'm sure you'll get good responses here and you'll make the best decision for yourself. Good luck whatever you decide.

I would recommend a Black RH City, as it's a classic. I like getting bags in different styles so I wouldn't recommend another city for Framboise. Which shape are you more interested in? The First or Twiggy? The First can be pretty small.

My first Balenciaga was a Black RH City because IMO it is classic Bal!:heart: Plus you don't have to worry about the handles getting dark, denim transfer, and other misfortunes.

HTH and Good Luck!!:flowers:

My first was suppose to be a black rh city but it turned green, so I guess I should say my first bbag is my anthracite rh city. But I'm glad the black city turned green because I absolutely loooove my anthracite city. As some of the girls suggest in other threads pick the one that makes your heart jump and you cant go wrong with that. :smile:

My first was an aquamarine! I was really excited about the various bright colors available in bals. I think getting a fun color first could be a good idea. But go with your heart!

um...i would suggest you to get the framboise 1st, maybe in a twiggy???that would be cute!
cause black will always come back...you can get a black one anytime later...

You sound exactly just like me! I was trying to decide on my first bal a couple of days ago, facing the same dilemma, choosing between a fun colour and black! I dont have any black bags either!

I'm going with black RH city :smile:

I just loooooove my black RH City. I think it's my favorite. It just goes with everything and is so smooshy and scrumptious.

My first GH is on its merry way, though! Got to have a more blingy option sometimes, you know? :graucho: But, of course, it's black.

I think your situation is what all of us go through at the start of our Balfever!

I bought a Black RH First first, but it was followed quickly with the colours! I bought the black first because I needed a black bag and didn't have one that I could use daily.
So, I'd actually recommend that you buy a non-black bag first before the black because it's the colours that don't get repeated every season.

My first bag was a first and I thought it was too small. I regret not getting it in a city (I got a Marine First). I sold it after a couple of months...

Get a City! You won't go wrong with that.

I would almost always recommend a black RH City as the first bag and if you don't already have a black bag then it makes it even easier. You can get a colourfull First or Twiggy later.