Very displeased with wink nyc

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
Hello,

I received my (what I thought was going to be) new Minkoff MAM and it was anything but... have any of our tPF members experienced this from WINK NYC?

Is it normal for WINK to send out bags were a lot of wear on the bottom and hardware? I am very surprised as a first time customer WINK that my bag was received in such poor shape today. Granted, it is a white bag and was on sale but the dark wear all over the bottom, the wear on all four of the silver feet, the wear along the edges and one edge has completely lost the white color is, in my opinion, unacceptable. The wear or condition of the bag was not mentioned anywhere in the description, I was expecting a brand new bag without flaws or wear. Not the case.

I have emailed WINK requesting an additional discount but in the meantime, would like to know if anyone else ever received a worn, damaged, flawed bag from WINK?

cinnybuns

Cindy C.
O.G.
Jun 5, 2008
Youch, sounds like you received the display model of the bag. Did they describe any of the faults?? I've been to the actual wink NYC stores, and the bags/clothes are there for anyone to touch & try on. During the annual clearance sale it's not uncommon to find some of their product on the floors where silly shoppers give no regard to their merchandise.

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
Hi Cinny... no mention whatsoever, if they had.. I would at least know what to have expected. Rather, I was super excited to receive my bag... opened the box and :sad:

I spent the better part of last night cleaning, reconditioning and buffing the leather which helped but the four little silver pegs/feet are so scuffed.

sfrechette

La la la...
Nov 2, 2009
I Just recently bought my first bag from them. It was a very smooth transaction and my bag was perfect. Sorry that your bag was damaged. Try emailing them. Tiz is very nice and I bet she will help you.

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
Update....

Last night I was able to remove all of the dark transfer with Apple Guard's leather cleaner (it took over an hour!) however the silver feet and edges remain damaged/worn... sadly.

I did receive a lovely message back from Erin at WINK and she was very sorry about the condition of the bag and assured me this is not normal for WINK even if the item is on sale... she graciously processed an additional discount on my purchase which was a kind gesture and certainly restored my faith in purchasing from WINK in the future...

It was such an odd experience for any retailer however I am very happy with WINK's response :smile:

Adriae

Mar 2, 2009
I had a similar experience with Bluefly and a RM Nikki bag. It was actually my first purchase of a RM bag and when I received it I was so disappointed. The bag was obviously used. I found someone's metro card inside the pocket and their id that perhaps they returned the bag and forgot to remove everything from the pockets and such. The bag was in pretty beat up condition. I returned it no problem and got a credit. I then followed up by purchasing a wallet from Bluefly with the credit and it came used also. I order no bags from bluefly now. Twice burned and all..

chayna

Feb 18, 2009
I had a similar experience with Bluefly and a RM Nikki bag. It was actually my first purchase of a RM bag and when I received it I was so disappointed. The bag was obviously used. I found someone's metro card inside the pocket and their id that perhaps they returned the bag and forgot to remove everything from the pockets and such. The bag was in pretty beat up condition. I returned it no problem and got a credit. I then followed up by purchasing a wallet from Bluefly with the credit and it came used also. I order no bags from bluefly now. Twice burned and all..

One time I was at a department store looking at bags and I even tried one on by putting all my stuff in it to see how I liked it but it wasn't roomy enough for me so I restuffed the bag with the paper and went home. Later that day I went into my bag for my wallet and it wasn't there!!! I knew where it was and I was so worried (that was a long time ago when I still carried cash)I didn't even trust to call the store to tell them I think I left my wallet filled with cash in a handbag I tried on. I just drove right back to the store and thank goodness my wallet was still there. I learned my lesson, I will buy the bag and bring it home and dump it out to make sure I got all my stuff out and check it and double check it again! Did that work? NO! I brought a bag home and tried it out and decided to return it because I felt guilty. Well a few weeks later that same bag went on sale so I bought it. Got it home, and I was putting my stuff in it and to my surprise there was my little green OPI mini nail file:shocked:!!!

spartancoaster

of spirit, say what?
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006

I had the same exact experience with Bluefly and I will never order from them again. They don't seem to check over their bags before shipping them out. And when I contacted them about the used mattie I received and told them that they better not put it back on their site for sale...well, as soon as it was returned, it popped back up on their site. I called them and told them to take it down b/c I didn't want that bag going to someone else. I was seriously disappointed!