Very disappointed in Chanel SA's

if i'm not at any of my home stores, i think i get the best service when i'm dressed down or with my BF. he is VERY casual, and never afraid to say what's on his mind. i think this translates to some SAs as he's too cool to care, thus must have money? i've never understood it, but i always get outstanding service from SAs when we are together and i'm sure half of that is because of his nonchalant attitude (which he takes everywhere from the corner convenience store to tom ford).

i never dress up to shop. i probably only dress up for the theatre or dinners with my BF, but never to pop into a store.

My outfit was all TopShop but my bag was my £1250 Mulberry. To me that seemed like a perfectly normal mix. What if I was completely loaded and had simply bought every last thing in TopShop just coz I wanted a truckload of clothes? What if I had just won the lottery and wanted my very first buy to be head to toe Chanel? ;) I agree with the Pretty Woman comment, working on commission, big mistake... :graucho:

***Oh my, buying every last thing in TopShop... does sound like fun... :cloud9:

The Toronto Chanel boutique has the most disappointing SAs.

Couldn't agree more. I was looking for a tweed jacket and the SA said in the most icy voice "Please don't touch the clothes."

WTF?! Never went back to that store ever again. If I want Chanel I just go to the one in HR, or get it when I go to NY or HK.

I refuse to dress up to impress SAs. Money is money regardless of who its from. Also, having a good sense of person style doesn't equate to going from head to toe designer clothes. I've always thought its more interesting when people mix high end with low end items. I love to see what splurge vs save items different people chooses. It gives myself ideas and inspiration! :tup:

Oh my goodness. dokugaku, I can't believe the SA told you not to touch the clothes...that is so RUDE! MiuMiow, my first experience at Chanel was atrocious as well. As many of the girls say, I guess it's just a common theme at any high end store. There are always one or two bad eggs ruining for everyone. Anyway...my first time at Chanel, I went there in my early 20's dressed in street clothes and probably carrying one of my LV bags with my (now) fiancee. We went in with the sole purpose of buying his mom a wallet for her birthday. We were slightly ignored and we got minimal help from the salesperson, but we were on a mission to get her a wallet, so we chose one and paid for it. I asked the salesperson if they could wrap the wallet, as it was a birthday gift and his snooty reply was "This is CHANEL, we can just put a bow on the box because we do not cover up our name...Chanel is EXPENSIVE" I was so taken aback. Obviously Chanel is expensive, 2 starving college kids just spent $600 buying a wallet...that was my month's rent and food for a month! I just didn't expect him to remind me Chanel was expensive and to belitte me about gift wrapping. When I said gift wrap, I meant tie a bow...whatever you consider giftwrap! Anywho, I shop at the SF boutique sometimes, but try not to buy much from there even though Carrie and Jennifer are two SAs that help me and are really sweet. I just can't get my first time experience wiped from my memory! Oh, if you go to Chanel in Waikiki...their customer service is commendable. I swear everyone there treats you like royalty!

Last edited:
I agree with previous posters, on occasion I have dressed down on purpose to annoy them :drool:. Money can buy clothes, designer items etc. bit it cannot buy class. Pity too few of them can recognise the real deal.

Sales Associates are EMPLOYEES of these boutiques/stores. They are working for you. If I ever get attitude, I give it right back and go to someone else or just leave the store all together. After all, I'M in the store shopping, THEY'RE in the store working. I have worked in retail for the past 7+ years (high end local jewelry store) and have learned a very basic lesson.......NEVER pre-judge people on what they're wearing/what they look like. It's just not right first of all and you never know people's situations or what turns them on/off. More than likely if you are repeat shoppers you will see a lot of these folks in the same clothes, etc.

I am shocked by the shoddy treatment. How is this possible? Why are they still working there? :wtf:

I am regularly ignored by two male SAs in the Neiman Marcus Chanel boutique. I just don't go in anymore, I buy directly from Chanel. It's absurd. One of them refused to make eye contact with me so I said, "Hello." He literally looked up from the catalog he was reading, then looked back down. REALLY??? I've complained about these two on the forum for about two years now. It shocks me that they still work there, since I'm sure I'm not the only person who they treat this way.

What!? I just can't get over this. :wtf: It's shocking the bad treatment some of you have received. :confused1: Anyhow, I am really sorry to hear it but really, if you are not happy with someone, then buy from someone who is helpful! That's what I do. If I am not happy with the way I am treated, I will look for another SA and let her/him make the commission (and future commissions). Please try again!

Couldn't agree more. I was looking for a tweed jacket and the SA said in the most icy voice "Please don't touch the clothes."

WTF?! Never went back to that store ever again.

Personally I've never had a bad experience but I'm sorry to hear about those who have. I can't believe someone said not to touch the clothes.. thats ridiculous, what nerve!!!

I don't understand why some SA's think they have to right to act all snooty. Just because they work in the Chanel department doesn't mean they are rich or whatever and it doesn't make them any better than anyone else.. the customers are the ones buying the products after all.

I am very sad at how the society behaves out there that "you are really what you look". I feel your pain. I've not been buying from the local Chanel for a while and it's just gross how the SAs 'forgot' I am still their customer regardless of my frequency spent in Chanel last year. I recalled once I was carrying a Miu Miu hobo shoulder bag and was in casual outfit from school while in Chanel and I was ignored! Everyone else who was wearing flashier than me was served.

It also sucks that the luxury boutiques I enter always make me feel like I'm pushed into buying something just to 'prove my worth'... Oh well! With the exception of Hermes in Tokyo... which I encountered immaculate service despite my age. I still prefer charge sends to buying at the stores. I can't believe I succumb to communication over personal service!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! :Push: Don't let it bother you, honey!

Maybe you should try out the Chanel Boutique (SN3) in Antwerp. I go there all the time and I've always been treated well (and I'm certainly not an old lady in a fur coat). The SA's there are always very friendly and helpful to me, and they're always in for a nice chat. ;)

I prefer HR chanel the staff are really nice and helpful. If you do go to the boutique ask for Emiko, she's the nicest SA there.

Is Emiko blonde? There was a blonde girl...she sold me a pair of shoes and was REALLY NICE (not the manager)...

Persoanlly, I think everyone else was pretty rude @ Chanel HR except for her, but that's just my opinion :smile:. There was this girl with black cropped hair, kinda tall, she was just...unpleasant, I always tend to just avoid her :P