"very black" leather?

meimeow

Jul 13, 2007
hello everyone! I'm a bbag newbie here and am very interested in purchasing a black city. From my understanding black is produced every season so it's not rare or anything, but are some black leathers darker than others (if this makes any sense)? I was at Nordstroms the other week and asked to see a black city and I was a bit disappointed with the one the SA took out to show me. I don't know-maybe it was the lighting? The black didn't seem very saturated (not a very deep black). The leather was shiny and looked like more of a charcoal color in the store--is this normal? Does the bag need some breaking into? I don't know. I really want a black city but should I hold off until Nordstroms receives the next seasons black cities???

the black bags I see on here are soo dark and luscious. has the leather on black cities change through seasons? Have they gotten lighter in color??

Any advice/comments are much appreciated. Thank you!

If you're in the market - I would call BNY and tell them exactly what you're looking for. They always have a good selection of black bags: and should be able to find one you like. GL

I just read in a thread that some black bags have issues with turning green as they fade a bit....are there any seasons/years that are notorious for turning green?

Any seasons with particularly saturated, jet blacks?

IMO the only sure fire way to guarantee yourself a truly black bag is to find an 04 or an 05 because they were truly black. IMO all the 06's and newer that I have seen always turn a grayish green color. I am sure there are tpfers out there though that have a newer bag that has NOT faded. I just have never seen it personally :nogood:

I second that every bag is different, you can't go strictly by season. My blackest bag is a chevre f/w 07 day. It's absolutely gorgeous and the kind of black you know will never fade.

thanks for all the replies! I think i'm going to head over to Nordstroms today and ask to see a couple black cities. I know qualities of "good" leather is completely subjective, but is there something specific I should look for when choosing the black city? I want it to fade as little as possible...

hey everyone,
im a bbag newbie and im in love with the Le Dix Motorcycle purse in black..but how many different sizes are there? and how can you tell if they are fake? what is the price range they sell for? Thanks!